Reelect Obama to get rid of Obamacare?

TreatRothschild
SL Name: I'm Treat Dammit!
Role: Magistrate and Love Cthulhu
Home Stone: Hesius

Re: Reelect Obama to get rid of Obamacare?

Postby TreatRothschild » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:46 pm

Well, that is an odd stance, Mat. Libertarians do agree there should be some government, the argument is how much. Most American Libertarians want to hew to a strict Constitutional interpretation. So, if it wasn't written there it isn't right.

This isn't Anarchy, Mat. What government does is provide stability, even by American Libertarian standards.
Let me give you some advice bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.
Mat
SL Name: Mat
Caste: Warrior
Role: Defender of Freedom

Postby Mat » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:51 pm

TreatRothschild wrote:Well, that is an odd stance, Mat. Libertarians do agree there should be some government, the argument is how much. Most American Libertarians want to hew to a strict Constitutional interpretation. So, if it wasn't written there it isn't right.

This isn't Anarchy, Mat. What government does is provide stability, even by American Libertarian standards.

depends on what you mean by stability. I favor stability in the sense that I can enter into an agreement with someone and that agreement is consistently upheld so in that yes but stability in say making sure that the economy is always favorable etc than no.
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him
Jenny1919
SL Name: Jenifer Smithson
Caste: Outlaw
Role: Panther

Postby Jenny1919 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:51 pm

Resolver Bouchard wrote:If you are getting rid of 2/3rds of the government who is going to be sending these immigrants home?

You need all the government to send home people that dont belong here? Wow didnt know NASA was in the business of deporting illegals..

TreatRothschild wrote:How do you "rid" yourself of 3/4 of government without causing more problems than you cure? Most importantly, are *all* levels and types of government included in your purge? Like...the military?

We need a bigger military.. If you think we need smaller.. Your crazy.. Though they need to return home...

Glaucon wrote:Well, the first question I could answer,
(economics 101, but no problem), but the second question and the stuff following it makes it clear that you are connecting the dots of what I wrote with dots in the clouds blown by Fox News smoke signals, so... it would be pointless.

What does Fox News have todo with anything? I havent ever watched Fox i dont even own cable. and im Not a Republican... Economics is meaninless if you dont have any money.. Our Debt is over 100% of our GDP and Growing and no end in sight... Economy is about to go into another recession..
Resolver Bouchard

Postby Resolver Bouchard » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:21 pm

Jenny1919 wrote:You need all the government to send home people that dont belong here? Wow didnt know NASA was in the business of deporting illegals...

Great example, NASA's budget is tiny (about 0.5% of the federal budget) but provides a huge benefit to America's aerospace and space industry. But feel free to scrap it, it's not as if Europe or China are investing heavily in these areas.
Jenny1919
SL Name: Jenifer Smithson
Caste: Outlaw
Role: Panther

Postby Jenny1919 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:26 pm

Resolver Bouchard wrote:
Jenny1919 wrote:You need all the government to send home people that dont belong here? Wow didnt know NASA was in the business of deporting illegals...

Great example, NASA's budget is tiny (about 0.5% of the federal budget) but provides a huge benefit to America's aerospace and space industry. But feel free to scrap it, it's not as if Europe or China are investing heavily in these areas.

Was just an example, but i guess your right.. the private sector is too stupid to do any of this... let the government do it... Government will feed you bathe give you housing clothing anything you need
TreatRothschild

Postby TreatRothschild » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:40 pm

Mat wrote:
TreatRothschild wrote:Well, that is an odd stance, Mat. Libertarians do agree there should be some government, the argument is how much. Most American Libertarians want to hew to a strict Constitutional interpretation. So, if it wasn't written there it isn't right.

depends on what you mean by stability. I favor stability in the sense that I can enter into an agreement with someone and that agreement is consistently upheld so in that yes but stability in say making sure that the economy is always favorable etc than no.
If you neglect the economy then you are missing the other part: "The Common Good". How can you have stability when your economy is going through a consistent cycle of boom/bust?
Let me give you some advice bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.
TreatRothschild

Postby TreatRothschild » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:41 pm

Jenny1919 wrote:
TreatRothschild wrote:How do you "rid" yourself of 3/4 of government without causing more problems than you cure? Most importantly, are *all* levels and types of government included in your purge? Like...the military?

We need a bigger military.. If you think we need smaller.. Your crazy.. Though they need to return home...
Wow. Really? Who are you arming yourself against?
TreatRothschild

Postby TreatRothschild » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:43 pm

Jenny1919 wrote:
Resolver Bouchard wrote:

Was just an example, but i guess your right.. the private sector is too stupid to do any of this... let the government do it... Government will feed you bathe give you housing clothing anything you need

Odd. I didn't hear any of that in what Resolver said. Private sector is starting to pick up on space. Branson and Allen are both doing it.
Mat
SL Name: Mat
Caste: Warrior
Role: Defender of Freedom

Postby Mat » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:45 pm

TreatRothschild wrote:
Mat wrote:

If you neglect the economy then you are missing the other part: "The Common Good". How can you have stability when your economy is going through a consistent cycle of boom/bust?

The economy is not a concern of the gvt to me so that is not something we will agree on. without the gvt artificially manipulating the economy a natural state will be found much quicker and easier than what we currently see. Sure there will be bubbles here and there that swell and pop but let them.
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him
TreatRothschild

Postby TreatRothschild » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:53 pm

So, explain the Commerce Clause.

Return to “News”