Colorado Theater Massacre

Vylixan
Posts: 903
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:32 pm
SL Name: Massah Dude
Owner: I own.

Re: Colorado Theater Massacre

Postby Vylixan » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:10 pm

Mat Vhargon wrote:Ok he says that he did it because he was reenacting some stupid game or movie what are you going to do beat him till he tells you what you want to hear?

Do you have anything useful to say instead of provoking ?
Mat
Posts: 2269
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:47 am
SL Name: Mat
Caste: Warrior
Role: Defender of Freedom

Re: Colorado Theater Massacre

Postby Mat » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:19 pm

Vylixan wrote:
Mat Vhargon wrote:Ok he says that he did it because he was reenacting some stupid game or movie what are you going to do beat him till he tells you what you want to hear?

Do you have anything useful to say instead of provoking ?

I have not heard what this persons reason was you asserted that it COULD NOT be because of a game or movie. I am not provoking just responding to you that it CAN be that a movie or a game CAN be the reason someone does something stupid especially if that person is not all that mentally or socially stable to begin with.

I think what glau said does make alot of sense but it makes no sense to me to maintain that there is no way that a game or movie can influence people in good and bad ways even to the extent of doing something incredibly stupid such as this person did. It seems to me that you have a motive in keeping him from expressing his motivations whatever they may be for this shooting.
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him
Vylixan
Posts: 903
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:32 pm
SL Name: Massah Dude
Owner: I own.

Re: Colorado Theater Massacre

Postby Vylixan » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:28 pm

Mat Vhargon wrote: It seems to me that you have a motive in keeping him from expressing his motivations whatever they may be for this shooting.

Wow .. Are you accusing me of defending him. And you better be very careful with your answer.
User avatar
alana
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:31 pm
SL Name: alana quicksand
Location: Retreat from Reality

Re: Colorado Theater Massacre

Postby alana » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:29 pm

Mat Vhargon wrote:
Vylixan wrote:
Mat Vhargon wrote:Ok he says that he did it because he was reenacting some stupid game or movie what are you going to do beat him till he tells you what you want to hear?

Do you have anything useful to say instead of provoking ?

I have not heard what this persons reason was you asserted that it COULD NOT be because of a game or movie. I am not provoking just responding to you that it CAN be that a movie or a game CAN be the reason someone does something stupid especially if that person is not all that mentally or socially stable to begin with.

I think what glau said does make alot of sense but it makes no sense to me to maintain that there is no way that a game or movie can influence people in good and bad ways even to the extent of doing something incredibly stupid such as this person did. It seems to me that you have a motive in keeping him from expressing his motivations whatever they may be for this shooting.


Actually it is not a reason at all. A violent, delusional person may find anything to 'call' a reason. The real reason lies within that person. Not an outside source.
Retreat from reality ~ The substitution of the imaginary for the real.
~I know a lot more than you think, but I keep it to myself to save arguments~
Part of the 1%, lucky me! Must suck to be you. :poke:
Mat
Posts: 2269
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:47 am
SL Name: Mat
Caste: Warrior
Role: Defender of Freedom

Re: Colorado Theater Massacre

Postby Mat » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:33 pm

Vylixan wrote:
Mat Vhargon wrote: It seems to me that you have a motive in keeping him from expressing his motivations whatever they may be for this shooting.

Wow .. Are you accusing me of defending him. And you better be very careful with your answer.

I don't need to be careful at all with my answer, but no I was not accusing you of that but it does seem to me that you are defending the notion that games can not influence people even people who are otherwise challenged. My assumption is that you are doing this because you do not want any kind of outcry to ban violent games or something. I would not support a ban like that even if a game/movie was a contributing factor, which I contend could have been one but I have no way of knowing at this point.
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him
Mat
Posts: 2269
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:47 am
SL Name: Mat
Caste: Warrior
Role: Defender of Freedom

Re: Colorado Theater Massacre

Postby Mat » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:36 pm

alana wrote:Actually it is not a reason at all. A violent, delusional person may find anything to 'call' a reason. The real reason lies within that person. Not an outside source.

I disagree yes the underlying personality mental issue is contributing but so is whatever set him off. I am not saying that reason needs to be removed or mediated but just acknowledged that people who are otherwise challenged may be set over the edge by a movie or game idea that has been festering in his head.
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him
Vylixan
Posts: 903
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:32 pm
SL Name: Massah Dude
Owner: I own.

Re: Colorado Theater Massacre

Postby Vylixan » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:50 pm

You are a nasty poster Mat, I say poster and not person because I make that difference. So I am done here.
User avatar
Drevan
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:47 pm
SL Name: Drevan Darkbyrd
Caste: Caste of Scribes
Role: Head of Caste
Home Stone: Vonda
AkA: Drevan

Re: Colorado Theater Massacre

Postby Drevan » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:19 pm

Mat Vhargon wrote:
alana wrote:Actually it is not a reason at all. A violent, delusional person may find anything to 'call' a reason. The real reason lies within that person. Not an outside source.

I disagree yes the underlying personality mental issue is contributing but so is whatever set him off. I am not saying that reason needs to be removed or mediated but just acknowledged that people who are otherwise challenged may be set over the edge by a movie or game idea that has been festering in his head.




Matt Stop being some PC prick. No matter what the man says He did it for one reason and reason only he has a mental disconnect from the rest of the world and was Delusional enough to believe this was his right . In other world FUCKING NUTS, Nuttier that squirrel shit etc etc etc. That how ever does not give him one iota of leeway. The Death Penalty was set up here in the US to rid the people of America of the morally bankrupt, the ones in society that can not be rehabilitated by man and made to be contributing members of society. Murder for Vengeance is wrong. Bringing Death for the Justice of the living harmed, those still living with the pain and suffering that their family will always bear. That is not murder Matt. There is no question his guilt, No iota of doubt it was someone else. That he did not resist shows only one thing, That he had the mental faculty to know that despite his crimes, despite the heinous nature of the crime despite all of that there are always atleast a few fools that will stand up and say "Murder is Wrong we cant kill him" Allowing themselves to become the new weapon of choice as he still makes more victims of the families suffering at the sudden loss of their loved ones.

Video games didnt make him kill People Matt. HE DID
Mat
Posts: 2269
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:47 am
SL Name: Mat
Caste: Warrior
Role: Defender of Freedom

Re: Colorado Theater Massacre

Postby Mat » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:30 pm

Drevan wrote:
Mat Vhargon wrote:
alana wrote:Actually it is not a reason at all. A violent, delusional person may find anything to 'call' a reason. The real reason lies within that person. Not an outside source.

I disagree yes the underlying personality mental issue is contributing but so is whatever set him off. I am not saying that reason needs to be removed or mediated but just acknowledged that people who are otherwise challenged may be set over the edge by a movie or game idea that has been festering in his head.




Matt Stop being some PC prick. No matter what the man says He did it for one reason and reason only he has a mental disconnect from the rest of the world and was Delusional enough to believe this was his right . In other world FUCKING NUTS, Nuttier that squirrel shit etc etc etc. That how ever does not give him one iota of leeway. The Death Penalty was set up here in the US to rid the people of America of the morally bankrupt, the ones in society that can not be rehabilitated by man and made to be contributing members of society. Murder for Vengeance is wrong. Bringing Death for the Justice of the living harmed, those still living with the pain and suffering that their family will always bear. That is not murder Matt. There is no question his guilt, No iota of doubt it was someone else. That he did not resist shows only one thing, That he had the mental faculty to know that despite his crimes, despite the heinous nature of the crime despite all of that there are always atleast a few fools that will stand up and say "Murder is Wrong we cant kill him" Allowing themselves to become the new weapon of choice as he still makes more victims of the families suffering at the sudden loss of their loved ones.

Video games didnt make him kill People Matt. HE DID

Ok don't believe him when he says that it was a video game or a movie others will, I will I can almost guarentee you that there will be both an outcry for curbing the video game / movie as well as access to guns.

Do you hear yourself talking about the death penalty on one hand you want to say that he was just fucking nuts and nothing contributed to his crime other than his own bat shit ideas and on the other hand you talk about the death penalty and what it was set up to do or not to do. If one were to assume as you have that this guy is just bat shit crazy than he can not be killed it has been ruled unconstitutional to for the state to murder bat shit crazy people.

I could never be on a jury that there was even the remote possibility that the person could be murdered by the state I would find him innocent regardless of the facts if there was even the chance he could be murdered by the state.
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him
Mat
Posts: 2269
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:47 am
SL Name: Mat
Caste: Warrior
Role: Defender of Freedom

Re: Colorado Theater Massacre

Postby Mat » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:24 pm

Seems this "clown" fancies himself the joker.
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him

Return to “News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron