Possible Felony in Romney's Future for a Lie?

serene mistwood
SL Name: Izzy
Role: Social Gadfly
AkA: Isobel Mynx

Re: Possible Felony in Romney's Future for a Lie?

Postby serene mistwood » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:08 am

Mat Vhargon wrote:Yea pushing the notion that it is better to not vote etc I am assuming that the name of the guy in the video have no idea who it is though honestly...

Seriously Mat, just a few weeks ago 7 states had yet to vote in the primarys yet the Republican candidate was already chosen. While Romney was looking for a running mate, the people living in Texas, California (two of the most populous I believe?) and 5 other states had absolutley no voice in the process and the primary voting cycle was yet again meaningless for them.

You must see how this is helping to create an alienated and cynical electorate (assuming they are actually capable of critical thinking) that is becoming more disenfranchised with every election cycle. Voting was and is a hard won and cherished right - but when the system is inherently flawed - it just becomes more of a futile attempt to give the impression we have freedom of choice and pretend we have a democracy, when we don't.

The American Dream ? Its called that because you have to be asleep to believe it..
"She still had all of her marbles, though every one of them was a bit odd and rolled asymmetrically." Firebirds Rising.
Mat
SL Name: Mat
Caste: Warrior
Role: Defender of Freedom

Postby Mat » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:16 am

serene mistwood wrote:
Mat Vhargon wrote:Yea pushing the notion that it is better to not vote etc I am assuming that the name of the guy in the video have no idea who it is though honestly...

Seriously Mat, just a few weeks ago 7 states had yet to vote in the primarys yet the Republican candidate was already chosen. While Romney was looking for a running mate, the people living in Texas, California (two of the most populous I believe?) and 5 other states had absolutley no voice in the process and the primary voting cycle was yet again meaningless for them.

You must see how this is helping to create an alienated and cynical electorate (assuming they are actually capable of critical thinking) that is becoming more disenfranchised with every election cycle. Voting was and is a hard won and cherished right - but when the system is inherently flawed - it just becomes more of a futile attempt to give the impression we have freedom of choice and pretend we have a democracy, when we don't.

The American Dream ? Its called that because you have to be asleep to believe it..

Perhaps they could have the primaries all on the same day but the result would be the same and that is if you get so much of the vote at some point it becomes pointless to continue counting other than for historical value.

And I disagree with you on the dream part thought the dream means different things to different people it is something of an aspiration not something that is guaranteed.
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:23 am

And I know my last remark was a bit on the edge. But nobody complains or censors when people in choir remarked they should send over troops to kick Sadam's or Afghanistan's ass. :problem:
TreatRothschild
SL Name: I'm Treat Dammit!
Role: Magistrate and Love Cthulhu
Home Stone: Hesius

Postby TreatRothschild » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:44 pm

Mat Vhargon wrote:
TreatRothschild wrote:
Mat Vhargon wrote:Dont forget the big O, Bush, Clinton, and Reagan!

That clown in the video is a big part of the problem also.

Carlin?

Yea pushing the notion that it is better to not vote etc I am assuming that the name of the guy in the video have no idea who it is though honestly...

Carlin was a brilliant comedian, social commentator and political gadfly. He died a few years ago. Great loss.
Let me give you some advice bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.
TreatRothschild

Postby TreatRothschild » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Mat Vhargon wrote:
serene mistwood wrote:

Perhaps they could have the primaries all on the same day but the result would be the same and that is if you get so much of the vote at some point it becomes pointless to continue counting other than for historical value.

And I disagree with you on the dream part thought the dream means different things to different people it is something of an aspiration not something that is guaranteed.
Actually, I'm not sure the result WOULD be the same. You might have had Michelle Bachmann as your candidate. :fleeflee:

I'm tired unto death of election season starting on the day following the last election.
Let me give you some advice bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.
Mat

Postby Mat » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:26 pm

TreatRothschild wrote:Actually, I'm not sure the result WOULD be the same. You might have had Michelle Bachmann as your candidate. :fleeflee:

I'm tired unto death of election season starting on the day following the last election.

Hell I would have rather had any of the candidates other than Romney the lib media did a good job with that I think they successfully tore down all the candidates but the weakest one leaving him for last. Also the one that was closest to the lib agenda and the least painful to them if elected as President.

I really wish that election season would start the day following the last election sadly that is not the case and someone gets elected and everyone forgets about what their elected officials are doing or not doing until it is time for nominations once again.
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him
TreatRothschild

Postby TreatRothschild » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:34 pm

You don't think that Michelle Bachmann, Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum were weak candidates? :shock:
Mat

Postby Mat » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:40 pm

TreatRothschild wrote:You don't think that Michelle Bachmann, Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum were weak candidates? :shock:

No not at all actually the one that I liked the most you did not list and that was herman cain I just wish he could have kept his personal life more personal. But each and every one of those would have been better than Romney and better than Obama. To be fair Santorum yea glad he was gone.
TreatRothschild

Postby TreatRothschild » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:45 pm

Well, I've put away my Don Quixote costume for the day but you should read some of the ideas and statements that Newt put forward. Not some of the more sensible ones, and they did exist. I mean things about women and infections and giraffes. Bases on the moon. The idea that he's always the smartest man in the room.

You should also look at Michelle's social ideas. They aren't that much different than Santorum's.
Mat

Postby Mat » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:54 pm

TreatRothschild wrote:Well, I've put away my Don Quixote costume for the day but you should read some of the ideas and statements that Newt put forward. Not some of the more sensible ones, and they did exist. I mean things about women and infections and giraffes. Bases on the moon. The idea that he's always the smartest man in the room.

You should also look at Michelle's social ideas. They aren't that much different than Santorum's.

yep read the stuff and still like them. But that is neither here or now, for now at least perhaps in four years or so unless they try to go independent or as a vp

Return to “News”