Possible Felony in Romney's Future for a Lie?

Mehrunes Unsworth
SL Name: Mehrunes Unsworth

Re: Possible Felony in Romney's Future for a Lie?

Postby Mehrunes Unsworth » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:20 am

I might end up on team Romney anyway, still don't know. I was really into the hope and change stuff last time and was afraid that if McCain own that he'd send us into Iran, but as charismatic as the guy is, he failed to deliver on solving the problems. My voting pattern tends to favor the least charismatic guy most of the time. I guess its because I think that while the nice speeches and stuff are cool and make for good tv, getting stuff done and solving problems tends to occur in the boring cspan-2 kind of parts. So yeah, I voted Gore, Kerry, basically anyone that has one of those robot like personalities. though last time was hard because both of them were pretty human-ish. Romney is quite the robot but I still dunno. I would have preferred Hunstman, really, he seemed like a practical guy.

The news has gotten so shitty with the political stuff lately. I like those montauges some of the comedy shows do that make them look ridiculous. I need like, a boring informative news outlet. Like 60 minutes or something.

Is Pelo still around, who does he want to win?
serene mistwood
SL Name: Izzy
Role: Social Gadfly
AkA: Isobel Mynx

Postby serene mistwood » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:27 am

Mat Vhargon wrote:
serene mistwood wrote:
Glaucon wrote:I still think it is a non-issue, but as usual, some of the reactions are quite funny.

Spin, exaggeration, campaign rhetoric and lies have always been part of politics - but the United States has never been witness to a presidential candidate, in modern American history, who lies as frequently, as flagrantly and as brazenly as Mitt Romney who scarily even seems to believe his own BS. Reducing fact and truth to pure partianship is a cynical strategy now being poineered by him in a way it never has before. And why and how does it get away with it?

"Romney gets away with it because he and his team realize contemporary political journalism isn't equipped to deal with a candidate who lies this much, about so many topics, so often." Steve Benen.

What lie or pattern of lies are you talking about?

Ahem.. everytime he opens his mouth ?

There is a weekly list named "Mitt's Mendacity" that is updated regualarly on his latest bullshit for your perusal. It appears unlikely to run out of material any time soon, particularly since Romney persists in repeating the same lies over and over, even after they've been debunked. Think they are on page 20 or something right now.... and while not a fan of msnbc or fox - the list speaks for itself.

http://maddowblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/01/12010806-chronicling-mitts-mendacity-vol-xx?lite
"She still had all of her marbles, though every one of them was a bit odd and rolled asymmetrically." Firebirds Rising.
Mat
SL Name: Mat
Caste: Warrior
Role: Defender of Freedom

Postby Mat » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:32 am

serene mistwood wrote:
Ahem.. everytime he opens his mouth ?

There is a weekly list named "Mitt's Mendacity" that is updated regualarly on his latest bullshit for your perusal. It appears unlikely to run out of material any time soon, particularly since Romney persists in repeating the same lies over and over, even after they've been debunked. Think they are on page 20 or something right now.... and while not a fan of msnbc or fox - the list speaks for itself.

http://maddowblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/01/12010806-chronicling-mitts-mendacity-vol-xx?lite

Ahh just what I thought looked at the list for a brief moment just to see that nothing was being debunked at all just taking a statement and saying untrue hell I could do that with anyone regardless if what they were saying was true or not.

And Maddow wow give me a break I give her about as much attention as I give Oreilly they are both talking out their ass almost every time they open it.
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him
serene mistwood
SL Name: Izzy
Role: Social Gadfly
AkA: Isobel Mynx

Postby serene mistwood » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:38 am

A bit like you then Mat....

Listen.. I don't even really blame the politicians.. I blame you, the american public.. for people like Romney.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMw5676blwk
"She still had all of her marbles, though every one of them was a bit odd and rolled asymmetrically." Firebirds Rising.
Mat

Postby Mat » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:43 am

serene mistwood wrote:A bit like you then Mat....

Listen.. I don't even really blame the politicians.. I blame you, the american public.. for people like Romney.

Dont forget the big O, Bush, Clinton, and Reagan!

That clown in the video is a big part of the problem also.
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:26 am

serene mistwood wrote:
Glaucon wrote:I still think it is a non-issue, but as usual, some of the reactions are quite funny.

Spin, exaggeration, campaign rhetoric and lies have always been part of politics - but the United States has never been witness to a presidential candidate, in modern American history, who lies as frequently, as flagrantly and as brazenly as Mitt Romney who scarily even seems to believe his own BS. Reducing fact and truth to pure partianship is a cynical strategy now being poineered by him in a way it never has before. And why and how does it get away with it?

"Romney gets away with it because he and his team realize contemporary political journalism isn't equipped to deal with a candidate who lies this much, about so many topics, so often." Steve Benen.

Hmmm... I think I remember a certain presitent in recent history that did a 'I am not a crook, I did not have sex with that woman' on national TV. And I remember the administration after that telling the world some stuff about WMD's, and later saying it was a 'mistake'. Yeah, right.

Of course, anyone who cares can see that Romney isn't exactly into saying what would be most truthful, but clearly, people don't care as much about that. The current guy doesn't seem to tell as many lies as the previous ones (some, but not that many or anything that is very significant), but he isn't exactly the most popular president ever. Like that Steve Benen seems to want to say, the Republican narrative seems to have grown fairly fact-resistant, over the years. Basically, republican candidates can say anything. It getting debunked/shown to be proven wrong doesn't hurt them, because they sell their product on emotional feelings (like fear, envy and anger), religion and ideology to the masses. And when it comes to the big money paying donors, they can sell them on self-interest (low taxes). I don't think Romney tells more lies than most republicans. I suspect that he, unlike some of his fellow GOP members, KNOWS it when he tells a lie. Not sure if that speaks in his favor or not. The guy doesn't strike me as an idiot, at least.

Mehrunes wrote:Is Pelo still around, who does he want to win?

He comes on, sometimes. I am fairly sure he would go for Obama over Romney. Then again, most likely, over 90% of the world's population, not counting USA citizens would prefer Obama over Romney. But they don't have a vote. And Republicans would probably consider the fact that most people abroad prefer Obama as a great reason to vote Romney. :)
TreatRothschild
SL Name: I'm Treat Dammit!
Role: Magistrate and Love Cthulhu
Home Stone: Hesius

Postby TreatRothschild » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:33 am

Mat Vhargon wrote:

Carlin?
Let me give you some advice bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.
Mat

Postby Mat » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:41 am

TreatRothschild wrote:
Mat Vhargon wrote:

Carlin?

Yea pushing the notion that it is better to not vote etc I am assuming that the name of the guy in the video have no idea who it is though honestly...
Mat

Postby Mat » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:54 am

Kaitlin wrote:
Mat Vhargon wrote:
Kaitlin wrote:It wouldn't sway me one way or the other on its own but combined with other information it would have an impact if they formed a pattern.

That is a bit of a stretch this article would not sway you nor any article in the world even one that stated Romney could shit gold you have already decided that you wont vote for him, much as I have for Obama.

I answered the question in general as a voter who was undecided and had no knowledge of this candidate.

Frankly I've followed very flip flop aka outright lie and I'm well researched on his performance as governor and prior to that his time at Bain which at one time was a competitor so you are right that not only would I not vote for the man but I also get slightly sick hearing people who hold the same knowledge presenting as good candidate.

That is the greatness of america what you see as a detractor I see as a good thing and still have not seen the flip flops or outright lies you talk about. He is not my best choice by any means I will give you that but he is a hell of alot higher on my list than Obama.
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:56 am

That Carlin video is pretty much how I've been feeling reading all the past US-related topics here on healthcare, fair share etc.

I've even spent some time yesterday reading websites titled:
"Is it still ethical to let Americans run their own country?"

And the problem is that I'm not even saying this to troll, but I'm actually completely convinced about the fact that the US is completely fucked up. It's odd when you truely believe that some supposedly democratic industrialized country out there is "evil or wrong incarnate". (Removed)
Last edited by Garrgon on Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Threatening remark

Return to “News”