Obamacare, What are your thoughts?

TreatRothschild
SL Name: I'm Treat Dammit!
Role: Magistrate and Love Cthulhu
Home Stone: Hesius

Re: Obamacare, What are your thoughts?

Postby TreatRothschild » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:46 pm

Yes, because it's much easier to keep women in line if they are pregnant.
Let me give you some advice bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.
Mat
SL Name: Mat
Caste: Warrior
Role: Defender of Freedom

Postby Mat » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:59 pm

TreatRothschild wrote:Yes, because it's much easier to keep women in line if they are pregnant.

yea I forgot that women can not buy their own birth control much as I buy my own condoms, it is all one big conspiracy to keep them barefoot and pregnant. :roll:
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him
TreatRothschild

Postby TreatRothschild » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:11 pm

Two things:

1. Female contraception tends to be either chemical or surgical. This means that it takes a doctor to get them birth control. Because you (a male) can buy condoms at 7/11, doesn't mean that a woman has the same avenues open to her.

2. The Court has decided to hear a case that corporations can refuse birth control in their insurance policies because of religious objections. It's an extension of Citizens United, where the Court decided that corporations are people. This one will decide if corporations can have religious objections.
Let me give you some advice bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:13 pm

Mat wrote:
TreatRothschild wrote:Yes, because it's much easier to keep women in line if they are pregnant.

yea I forgot that women can not buy their own birth control much as I buy my own condoms, it is all one big conspiracy to keep them barefoot and pregnant. :roll:

If there was some kind of price fixing to control the cost of Birth Control, I'd agree with you. Or maybe even exceptions for when Birth Control is prescribed for reasons other than...well...birth control (which is very common, I myself was prescribed it not for birth control reasons but because of a hormonal imbalance it corrected). But companies that don't cover birth control don't cover it even for other medical reasons.

Which I find amusing anyway. Having a baby costs something like $50,000+ (it can go above $100k if there are any complications). That's a shitton more expensive than paying for birth control that prevents the pregnancy in the first place.
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
TreatRothschild

Postby TreatRothschild » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:17 pm

Leah wrote:
Mat wrote:

If there was some kind of price fixing to control the cost of Birth Control, I'd agree with you. Or maybe even exceptions for when Birth Control is prescribed for reasons other than...well...birth control (which is very common, I myself was prescribed it not for birth control reasons but because of a hormonal imbalance it corrected). But companies that don't cover birth control don't cover it even for other medical reasons.

Which I find amusing anyway. Having a baby costs something like $50,000+ (it can go above $100k if there are any complications). That's a shitton more expensive than paying for birth control that prevents the pregnancy in the first place.

Yeah, that too. :lips:
Mat

Postby Mat » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:21 pm

we shall see to me it is a separation of church and state thing but but we will see what they rule.
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him
TreatRothschild

Postby TreatRothschild » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:39 pm

Mat wrote:we shall see to me it is a separation of church and state thing but but we will see what they rule.

You are right, it is also a "Corporations are people, my friend" thing.
Mat

Postby Mat » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:48 pm

TreatRothschild wrote:
Mat wrote:we shall see to me it is a separation of church and state thing but but we will see what they rule.

You are right, it is also a "Corporations are people, my friend" thing.

why should it not be? People do not some how loose their rights by doing something collectively be that a union or a corporation that corporation represents people and is composed of people why should the rights of the people whom it represents be any different because they are a group of people vs one person.
TreatRothschild

Postby TreatRothschild » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:57 pm

A corporation is a legal entity. It is not a person.
Mat

Postby Mat » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:04 pm

TreatRothschild wrote:A corporation is a legal entity. It is not a person.

we will see.

Return to “News”