Obamacare, What are your thoughts?

Mat
SL Name: Mat
Caste: Warrior
Role: Defender of Freedom

Re: Obamacare, What are your thoughts?

Postby Mat » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:45 pm

It seems that yet more companies are coming to the conclusion that Obamacare is bad for their business and are talking about things like cutting employees hours so that they are not eligible for the health care of just not offering it all and paying the fine instead.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/franchisors-warn-obamacare-will-halve-profits/article/2507920#.UFJFIlFcg_d
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him
Resolver Bouchard

Postby Resolver Bouchard » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:01 pm

Mat wrote:It seems that yet more companies are coming to the conclusion that Obamacare is bad for their business and are talking about things like cutting employees hours so that they are not eligible for the health care of just not offering it all and paying the fine instead.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/franchisors-warn-obamacare-will-halve-profits/article/2507920#.UFJFIlFcg_d

Who gives a shit about the businesses.

There will be people going without healthcare and more will be forced into shitty part time jobs so some slimey owner can maximize his profits.

Your country doesn't work. At least slave owners cared a little about the health of their slaves.
Mat

Postby Mat » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:03 pm

Resolver Bouchard wrote:
Mat wrote:It seems that yet more companies are coming to the conclusion that Obamacare is bad for their business and are talking about things like cutting employees hours so that they are not eligible for the health care of just not offering it all and paying the fine instead.

Who gives a shit about the businesses.

I do, and many do.
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him
Mat

Postby Mat » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:04 pm

It seems that atleast some stimulus to the economy will be done threw Obamacare.... New estimates predict that 80 million hours will be spent trying to comply with this law.
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:59 pm

Mat wrote:It seems that atleast some stimulus to the economy will be done threw Obamacare.... New estimates predict that 80 million hours will be spent trying to comply with this law.

As opposed to most of the money going to health care being spent on administration under the current system?
Mat

Postby Mat » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:01 pm

Glaucon wrote:
Mat wrote:It seems that atleast some stimulus to the economy will be done threw Obamacare.... New estimates predict that 80 million hours will be spent trying to comply with this law.

As opposed to most of the money going to health care being spent on administration under the current system?
That really will not change there are some caps now but they will just allow care prices to be inflated so that they can collect more money for that administrative etc costs.
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:05 pm

Who knows? It is not what the proponents claim, just what your party claims.

Of course, your party offers no real alternative, except secret reciply Romneycare 2.0 that will magically pay for itself.
Mat

Postby Mat » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:07 pm

Glaucon wrote:Who knows? It is not what the proponents claim, just what your party claims.

Of course, your party offers no real alternative, except secret reciply Romneycare 2.0 that will magically pay for itself.

I don't know about my party... but my alternative is to let the markets take care of themselves. That there is no reason for me to pay for the health care of anyone else except perhaps for children.
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:32 pm

Mat wrote:
Glaucon wrote:Who knows? It is not what the proponents claim, just what your party claims.

I don't know about my party... but my alternative is to let the markets take care of themselves. That there is no reason for me to pay for the health care of anyone else except perhaps for children.

Except that your party never tried that, because it held on to monopolies and protectionism, at a state level, even.

Not that 'the market' is likely to be good for this sort of thing. There is little to no evidence that a totally free market handles this better than a more regulated market or a government program, and evidence that points the other way.
Mat

Postby Mat » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Glaucon wrote:
Mat wrote:

Except that your party never tried that, because it held on to monopolies and protectionism, at a state level, even.

Not that 'the market' is likely to be good for this sort of thing. There is little to no evidence that a totally free market handles this better than a more regulated market or a government program, and evidence that points the other way.

I don't think my party has ever been in power in the us. But it is not a matter who handles it better it is a matter that this is not something that the gvt has any business handling at all.

Return to “News”