Obamacare, What are your thoughts?

TreatRothschild
SL Name: I'm Treat Dammit!
Role: Magistrate and Love Cthulhu
Home Stone: Hesius

Re: Obamacare, What are your thoughts?

Postby TreatRothschild » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:09 pm

Yes, maybe Roberts will come to his senses again or Kennedy will regain his.
Let me give you some advice bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.
Mat
SL Name: Mat
Caste: Warrior
Role: Defender of Freedom

Postby Mat » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:24 pm

TreatRothschild wrote:Yes, maybe Roberts will come to his senses again or Kennedy will regain his.

perhaps but the notion that corporations are people is very long and has been upheld by the court many times starting in 1818 it would be very unlikely that they would change that position now after so much precedence.
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:29 pm

Mat wrote:
TreatRothschild wrote:Yes, maybe Roberts will come to his senses again or Kennedy will regain his.

perhaps but the notion that corporations are people is very long and has been upheld by the court many times starting in 1818 it would be very unlikely that they would change that position now after so much precedence.

I'm fairly certain that the idea of corporations being people - actual people, with all the rights that a human being has - is a very, very new concept that has only existed since the latter half of the 20th century.
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Mat
SL Name: Mat
Caste: Warrior
Role: Defender of Freedom

Postby Mat » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:35 pm

Leah wrote:
Mat wrote:

I'm fairly certain that the idea of corporations being people - actual people, with all the rights that a human being has - is a very, very new concept that has only existed since the latter half of the 20th century.

Here is some history of where they have been and it is not a new concept at all.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_personhood
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him
TreatRothschild
SL Name: I'm Treat Dammit!
Role: Magistrate and Love Cthulhu
Home Stone: Hesius

Postby TreatRothschild » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:49 pm

This is going to bite them right in the ass. I wonder the right-wing-o-sphere's reaction when a Muslim owned company asserts their religious rights as a corporation, will be?

That's gonna be fun. :popcorn:
Let me give you some advice bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:51 pm

TreatRothschild wrote:This is going to bite them right in the ass. I wonder the right-wing-o-sphere's reaction when a Muslim owned company asserts their religious rights as a corporation, will be?

That's gonna be fun. :popcorn:

Guess we'll all be wearing burkas, or they'll refuse to employ women and Jews. :popcorn:
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Postby Kaitlin » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:19 am

Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait

Return to “News”