Trayvon Martin, Zimmerman, Stand Your Ground Law, etc.

Mat
SL Name: Mat
Caste: Warrior
Role: Defender of Freedom

Re: Trayvon Martin, Zimmerman, Stand Your Ground Law, etc.

Postby Mat » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:57 pm

Kaitlin wrote:
Mat Vhargon wrote:
Kaitlin wrote:
And I blame those who spark these issues because all it does is confirm that we still have a long way to go in the motivating rationales and the acceptance of the incidents.

I knew that you would finally see Al Sharpton and his agenda for what it is and that is to cause racial warfare simply to improve his ratings.

Once again you are out in left field. I love Al Sharpton's loud mouthed ass reminiscent of civil rights activists. He may be an extremist but it gets above the noise and denial. At that point you are responsible for making your own assessment and with the abundance of information available on the internet there is no excuse for being ignorant or sticking your head in the sand. I don't typically do news of any kind unless its BBC or other more analytical stories about how we are observed outside our borders.

If only people would actually follow your advice and look at the facts and not be led by the media who especially on this case have had to continually back peddle their assumptions. I think that news organizations should be held accountable for their reporting and if people are hurt as a result of it and it is found to be untrue they should be criminally liable. It is no different than running into a theater and screaming fire when there is not one anyone who gets hurt is on you .... not saying you specifically here either.
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him
Mat

Postby Mat » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:59 pm

alana wrote:
I would be willing to bet that you would say it is not guns that kill people, it is people that kill people.

That is a 100% true statement.
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him
Hawt Sommer

Postby Hawt Sommer » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:17 pm

How do you KNOW that the 17 year old broke his nose and he did not trip and fall breaking it himself,or some other scenario, IF it is indeed broken?

Eye witness and paramedics treating him on the scene.

That is called free speech, remember that one?

No that is public slander isn't it? Calling someone something they can't prove publicly. Isn't that illegal?

Most think that an arrest is warranted at least.

Most people think a lot of things that weren't there... of course I'm included in that one. What ever happened to "Innocent until proven guilty?"

(Attacks from black youth) Oh yes now that is something new. -cough-

hmmmm?
Arella
SL Name: You

Postby Arella » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:40 pm

Does anyone else besides me feel that this whole thing is completely out of control now, and that the media has been playing us like puppets?

I'm putting my feet down on my stance. Zimmerman shot Martin. It was bad. The world has now gone crazy because of it.
Mat

Postby Mat » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:58 pm

Glad to see that NBC has affirmed that intentional manipulation of the public or gross incompetence in his job that allowed this producer to maliciously edit or allow it to be edited, the 911 tape is not an acceptable practice in their news organization.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/trayvon-martin-george-zimmerman-911-call-manipulated-nbc-309258
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:41 pm

My initial impression that the whole protest thing was jumping the gun, media and people in general rushing to judgement, folks jumping on the bandwagon, getting their moral indignation pitchforks out (and 'lovin' it'), that this case was too unclear to serve as a 'symbol' of anti-racism, etc. remains unaltered. Even if Zimmerman is found guilty of murder or manslaughter after that investigation and a trial, it seems that some in the 'hoodie'-camp have already shot themselves in the foot.
iJudas

Postby iJudas » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:32 am

Like I said........idiotic. I am no longer shocked by what goes on over there. You've lost control.
Mat

Postby Mat » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:21 pm

iJudas wrote:Like I said........idiotic. I am no longer shocked by what goes on over there. You've lost control.

That is kind of a vague statement and could mean almost anything. Would you care to elaborate on your thought here?
iJudas

Postby iJudas » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:56 pm

Absolutely, sorry. I meant to paste the link. I was specifically alluding to the incident in Tulsa. It seems (to me) that our media imports your exported bad news every other day. Nothing surprises me.

http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16204719

But on the other hand, it seems as though the French are not without their own problems at the moment either:

http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16204030

Meh, we live in dark times.

Stay safe.
Mat

Postby Mat » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:12 pm

There is no indication that race was the cause of this incident. However there are racist out there on both sides and race is an issue now even if it was not with this specific case. Talks must be had but they must be done in a responsible manor and not allowed to be the result of newscasters chasing ratings.

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2012/04/heavily_armed_neo-nazis_patrol.php

This is simply scary to me beyond belief and it deeply saddens me that some in their zealous need to make race an issue have succeeded and now it is a real issue that has the potential to become very violent.

Return to “News”