All employers must offer Birth Control.

Mat
SL Name: Mat
Caste: Warrior
Role: Defender of Freedom

Re: All employers must offer Birth Control.

Postby Mat » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:44 pm

alana wrote:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

By allowing an employer to refuse to provide insurance for birth control based upon religious beliefs there is not separation of church and state, it is favoring a particular religion.

Just saying...

BTW, I happen to be catholic. I just do not believe that the church has that right.

No by forcing them to provide it there is not separation between the church and the state. There is no requirement that there be a separation between two private parties.
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him
alana
SL Name: alana quicksand

Postby alana » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:07 pm

Mat wrote:
alana wrote:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

By allowing an employer to refuse to provide insurance for birth control based upon religious beliefs there is not separation of church and state, it is favoring a particular religion.

Just saying...

BTW, I happen to be catholic. I just do not believe that the church has that right.

No by forcing them to provide it there is not separation between the church and the state. There is no requirement that there be a separation between two private parties.

By allowing them to bypass what is required of others...it is favoring a particular religion.
Retreat from reality ~ The substitution of the imaginary for the real.
~I know a lot more than you think, but I keep it to myself to save arguments~
Part of the 1%, lucky me! Must suck to be you. :poke:
Mat
SL Name: Mat
Caste: Warrior
Role: Defender of Freedom

Postby Mat » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:11 pm

alana wrote:
By allowing them to bypass what is required of others...it is favoring a particular religion.

Yes I do agree with that and that is why it should not have been in the law to begin with as it favors one religion over others against those who do not want it. The only option is to give it as an option for all employers and not have it hinge on some religious exemption that is the only work around that I see otherwise like in the lawsuit I posted you have the government interfering with peoples free exercise of religion.
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him

Return to “News”