Now the Economy in F---- Trouble

HorizonNinetails
SL Name: Horizon Ninetails
Caste: Pirate
Role: Scoundrel
Home Stone: Deck beneath my feet

Re: Now the Economy in F---- Trouble

Postby HorizonNinetails » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:25 am

I love my Canadian Health Care. LOVES IT.
Jenny1919
SL Name: Jenifer Smithson
Caste: Outlaw
Role: Panther

Postby Jenny1919 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:17 pm

Kaitlin wrote:Have you tried over the phone?

would be nice but wont help due to they virtually take your info and go into a waiting game to be entered into a website thats broken only way truely to get insurance still is if your in state runned site not federal exchange
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:05 pm

Probably pointless, but I am going to do this anyway. :)

Jenny1919 wrote:Well it wasnt crappy it was by design... The whole website was a designed DDOS. It was made to crash. I knew the website would crash before october 1st rollout.

Uhm, so the epic fail of that website was INTENTIONAL? Some sort of devious plan by the Obama administration to make the Obama administration look bad? How shrewd and cunning. And it was 'designed DDOS? And you KNEW about it already? Wow. :thumbup:

Our current healthcare system was one the best in the world you would have people all over coming to the US for healthcare Why?

You just keep at it, don't you? No matter how many people show you that this is nonsense, you just drink in the propaganda, and you keep saying it and saying it and saying it. It is like religion to you.

The USA health-care system was and is NOT the best health-care system in the world. It was and is one of the least efficient ones. It scores fairly poorly by pretty much all ways to meassure performance.

Why do SOME rich people come to the US for treatment? Because the US has some top hospitals in SOME areas. The same reason why some rich people from the US go to other countries to get treatment there. But the fact that some US hospitals are 'the best in the world' at something doesn't make US health care great. Lance Armstrong seems to have been the world's best cyclist for while (thanks to the dope) but that doesn't mean that your average American is going to out-cycle your average dutch person.

The way we provide coverage to our own citizens was in the trash i would agree there was plenty of problems.

Problems? I thought you just said it was the best in the world?

There also better solutions than this.

Probably. But none that you'd endorse.

But why does a man need pregnancy insurance or insurance for mammograms or a plethora of others. Same goes for women. You have to get insurnace for things you wouldnt need coverage for. Would be like someone having to pay for motorcycle and they dont even or never would own one but need insurance for it.

No, it is NOT like a motorcycle. Because a man having insurance that covers mammograms is NOT the same as him actually getting a mammogram. It doesn't MATTER that he will never need one. The analogy is retarded.

Now, I do get that the principle behind unversal health care is probably too complicated for you. Or maybe it is just a matter of you not wanting to understand how it works. That is more likely, because in other countries, even the relatively simple-minded do get how it works. But explaining it to you is like trying to explain the basics of evolution to someone that maintains that God created the world 5000 years ago. It won't work, because facts won't impress much. :facepalm:
Resolver Bouchard

Postby Resolver Bouchard » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:56 pm

They would perform a mammogram on a man if he presented with symptoms that may be indicative of breast cancer. So that probably wasn't the best example.
Theoden
SL Name: Theoden
Caste: Warrior

Postby Theoden » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:55 pm

I know a few male friends who would go get a mammogram for kicks.

"But doctor, my rock hard pecs aren't BIG ENOUGH"
Jenny1919
SL Name: Jenifer Smithson
Caste: Outlaw
Role: Panther

Postby Jenny1919 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:33 pm

Glaucon wrote: But explaining it to you is like trying to explain the basics of evolution to someone that maintains that God created the world 5000 years ago. It won't work, because facts won't impress much. :facepalm:

Nobody has shown any facts where this is good yet when i see good facts not facts from MSN CNN FOX or the likes of any media outlet...

i dont understand why people want big insurance big business big goverment.. We've drunk that koolaide for a long time and nothing has yet to improve...

I until someone can show facts where this is actually good for people and the economy wont buy AHA you can take my share tyvm
Theoden
SL Name: Theoden
Caste: Warrior

Postby Theoden » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:43 pm

There's really no point in arguing with people if people won't agree on a basic set of facts and credible sources.
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:27 pm

Jenny1919 wrote:Nobody has shown any facts where this is good yet when i see good facts not facts from MSN CNN FOX or the likes of any media outlet...

Pages and pages of links to sources in this very thread containing plenty of links to sources, articles, wiki-pages, WHO data, stuff from all over the web. The same stuff is in countless of studies, books, etc. But I guess that's all liberal-conspiracy data. Where do you get your facts from? Does God whisper them into your ear when you are drunk?

i dont understand why people want big insurance big business big goverment.. We've drunk that koolaide for a long time and nothing has yet to improve...

Hmmmm, let's see. Governments have been expanding their role in modern countries for a couple of centuries. During that time, some things have improved a little bit, perhaps. People pretty much stopped dying of hunger and exposure. No more plagues. Many common illnesses have nearly disappeared. Violent death has become far more rare. People live to be much older. People can read and write. People can be any religion without the local churches trying to do them in for it. Most people have more stuff now than a 14th century king could dream of having, including TV's, phones and computers. Slavery was abolished. Gays get to be gays, openly. People can fly. A few of us even went to the moon.

Yeah, clearly, nothing has improved.

I until someone can show facts where this is actually good for people and the economy wont buy AHA you can take my share tyvm

Facts were presented to you in this very thread over and over again. If you persist in believing the US health care system is/was the best in the whole world, facts clearly can't save you from your ignorance.

Maybe Jesus can.
HorizonNinetails
SL Name: Horizon Ninetails
Caste: Pirate
Role: Scoundrel
Home Stone: Deck beneath my feet

Postby HorizonNinetails » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:00 am

Theoden wrote:I know a few male friends who would go get a mammogram for kicks.

"But doctor, my rock hard pecs aren't BIG ENOUGH"

We have all that stuff for free - but you still need justification to get to that point.

Some stuff you can get around. I know a friend of mine is diabetic, and he basically argued with a doctor to get a prescription for male erectile dysfunction pills. Medication isnt really covered - but he did get the prescription.

Apparently, they sell for like $20 each on the street up here.
Meriasek
SL Name: Meriasek Resident

Postby Meriasek » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:09 am

Its not unusual, lets start worrying

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/breastcanc ... -diagnosis

Return to “News”