Now the Economy in F---- Trouble

Oktober

Now the Economy in F---- Trouble

Postby Oktober » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:49 pm

I made some statements in the Second Financial Crisis about a recovery in the USA, and unfortunately, events in the last week or so have really cast doubt on that. And I want to set the record straight.

Four uber uber bad things have happened in the last week:

(1) China said it was going to slow its lending and economic recovery package to fend off a real estate/financial bubble. Our economic taskmasters are deciding to slow things, which means the economy in the USA is going to get screwed.

(2) The Democrats lost in Massachusetts against a no-name Republican who posed nude for playgirl. Union and middle-class households broke for the Republican 3 to 2. This is super-big. It means health care reform in the current form is dead. What we will get is a populist bill that will have not raise taxes or extend benefits for uninsured, but will just be stealth mandates -- no denying for pre-existing condition, etc. The net effect is going to be a bigger drag than any health care would have been (that's right, the current bill would have been better). Also, because the Democrats lost, Obama now has to go populist, see # (3).

(3) The Democrats, because of the loss in Mass, are going super-populist. Soak the rich, hit the bankers. Until now, Obama has been pretty reasonable on economics. That's over. With unemployment at 10%, and independents and also middle class Dems going against Obama, the only way to win mid-terms is to go aggressive populist. Going with that theme, Obama is going to split up banks into commercial / proprietary, and institute a bank tax. This will kill lending and stifle the economy.

(4) Greece. (Sorry Pelo.) The stuff this week. Yikes.

Those four things, with (1) being the most important, are going to sink economies in the West for 2010 until November. Since this is a blog about Gor, not business, that's the last of my economics talk.
Sie Alcott
SL Name: Sie Alcott
Caste: Red
Role: Former High Commander
Home Stone: Port Kar

Re: Now the Economy in F---- Trouble

Postby Sie Alcott » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:47 pm

Hmm...according to the Economists I been reading, which are many, this is good news. Sorry to say but I disagree that any of this is bad. Now we finally get healthcare reform done smartly. Line by line voting of bipartisan ideas, no big bill shoved down our throats that the american people have shown they don't want. Been saying it for a long long time but nobody listens and only insults people who don't want it done this way, which is most of them.

With the coming elections, something I have also stated months ago, the democrats will lose BIG TIME. Therefore we wil lhave a stoppage to the nonsense going on with spending now. Wanna know how desperate the left is...they blamed Bush for Browns win, I mean how laughable. This is Obama's admin, Obama's year, Obama's policies that are turning people against the left. The country is not extreme left and won't tolerate it. Think of it this way...they tolerated Bush for eight years and he didn't have a republican super majority ever and only a majority for about five or six years after which the democrats had the majority. The more left agenda we get...the more the people ru nthe other direction.

As for healthcare they will get a smart bill instead now. Voting line by line on things they all can agree on. Republicans are willing to vote on the pre existing conditions clause, and hopefully we can get the buying insurance across state borders too which I think we can. That would lower prices drastically by making competition something the left never wanted. They offered ONE company (the govt) forcompetition, the right offered 1600 companies....anyone thinking for themselves with half a brain cell would go for the latter.

We'll get tax cuts which are proven to work. Allowing the people to spend which is what really gets the economy going. Spending creates jobs, which creates more spending, which creates more jobs. One of the problems that got us in this position was lending. While lending is good, lending to folks who can't pay for it is extremely bad. So if the banks don't lend to high risk people and stay smart about it there is no reason lending can't continue and be done safely.

The stimulus didn't work for shit. Hardly any of it has been spent and what has hasn't done much. Try basic math for example. For the money spent and the amount of jobs claimed to have been saved or created they spent about 413K on each job. Thats not stimulating thats called waste and abuse. Check the numbers it's on the govts website at Recovery.org.
The Ubar of Sexy

Grant me the serenity to ignore the trolls,
the courage to debate with honest opponents,
and the wisdom to know the difference.

www.PortKarOnline.com
Lola Machin
SL Name: Lola Machin
Role: Dorky fanboiness

Postby Lola Machin » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:02 am

While i recognize the satirical value of a video like this, i am asking kindly to stay away from references like this please.
Words to live by in the forums by Aashe
    Some people write a huge scientific treatise on the physiological properties of mythical creatures on fake planets and expect a serious, rational discussion to ensue
Sie Alcott
SL Name: Sie Alcott
Caste: Red
Role: Former High Commander
Home Stone: Port Kar

Postby Sie Alcott » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:11 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Most Accurate Representation EVER!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Ubar of Sexy

Grant me the serenity to ignore the trolls,
the courage to debate with honest opponents,
and the wisdom to know the difference.

www.PortKarOnline.com
E. Edward Gray
SL Name: Mr. Resident
Role: Back in the Game

Postby E. Edward Gray » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:58 am

I refuse to declare sides in a political forums but please with something that entirely inflammatory just go ahead and lock this thread..

Representations of hitler regardless of your political view in that light is moral reprehensible.

You may or may not like Obama, the left, the right, Bush, Cheney, Muslims, Christians, whatever..

But when a piece of filth like that is shown you lose any sort of chance you may have had at being respectable..
I'm not happy unless you're not happy..
E. Edward Gray
SL Name: Mr. Resident
Role: Back in the Game

Postby E. Edward Gray » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:33 am

I know posting of these pictures was a response to the video, and again, i understand why it was done. Taken away now the video is also out.
I'm not happy unless you're not happy..
Pingping Zhaoying
SL Name: MilMcMillan

Postby Pingping Zhaoying » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:59 am

Dear Edwardo,
if you please, can you also share some pictures taken about victims of Chinese, Russian, Dutch, Tatzikistan, American repression These pics I have seen once to often, they nearly give me the bad tast of populism. I am sure you can find many to publish, because sorry for you, and for the world population, guys like Hitler we have had many.
Unfortunatly he was not the devil in person, just the wrong guy at the wrong place and time
Rob
SL Name: .

Postby Rob » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:24 am

word of warning: keep on topic in this thread, it will not degenerate into a debate on who's suffering is worse
Pingping Zhaoying
SL Name: MilMcMillan

Postby Pingping Zhaoying » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:33 am

At the moment, I am reading the greatest book about that now, and I so regret for pelo that its not available in English or Greek.

Rik Torfs wrote "Wie gaat er dan de wereld redden ?" (who is going to save the world then?)
Oh my
if anyone thinks that what is needed to save the world, is the chinese spending their money on cell phones, "so that the Americans can keep their oversized housing" has a real odd idea about our society.
I know, I am a business man, some will say that I am part of the game. Let me tell you this : I dont consider myself so, but neither am I willing to pay for some giant construction companies that already started building in Haiti, or the European War machine in Afghanistan.
Who gets better out of all this ? me ? you ? some poor black kid under the shitty Thai concrete in Port au Prince ?

Nothing will change, some dramas will happen, some guys will make fortune, and
de boer hij ploegde voort (the farmer continued ploughing)
Lola Machin
SL Name: Lola Machin
Role: Dorky fanboiness

Postby Lola Machin » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:57 am

Words to live by in the forums by Aashe
    Some people write a huge scientific treatise on the physiological properties of mythical creatures on fake planets and expect a serious, rational discussion to ensue

Return to “News”