Slaves and Gor RP sims

Discussions related to Kajira, Kajirus, Bonds and Thralls.
Maeon
SL Name: Maeon (Alogical)
Caste: Scribes
Role: Scholar & Writer
Home Stone: Ar, residing in Turia

Re: Slaves and Gor RP sims

Postby Maeon » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:14 am

"You've come a long way, baby" indeed. Slave roleplay is in a complete different space now and one of the things that made me come back to Gor and stay -at least for a while. My character, for instance, owns now a slave who is veiled and dressed with long tunics on the streets given her past and the story we are writing. I have not yet seen anyone misjudge or saying "you getting it wrong", but playing along and discovering things IC.

I do have a formal protest and invitation though. Can we bring some cool coin and tavern girls to this slave momentum? As main characters, to not add not only the thrill of the encounters that is so Gor, but to also elevate the experience for those who still think that entering a tavern should be fun as hell? Perhaps alts, if you are not feeling so adventurous -but how I would like to be in a loud, sexual, populous tavern scene with a handful of good players, for an evening. Men who laugh and toast together, cracking a whip to make a girl dance, wager for her, use that poor paga girl who used to be taken so for granted...I could go on and on.

I did a short version of this on my first IC visit to Turia from Ar, with Ar players.
It was very good. I'd like to see more.
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:56 pm

I'm playing a tavern girl! When I'm able to, which hasn't been but for a few hours due to catching the freaking plagueflu and being all but laid out for a week. But yeah. Cadence (Harlequin) is running the tavern in the "non slums" part of the city of Turia, and we'd like to try to make it an atmosphere just like you described there, Maeon. Right now it's a small space and just an NPC bartender and a couple of tavern slaves, but we're hoping to build it into more. We do seem to get a few patrons trickling in on nights we're in there, so that's been nice to see, people actually going to the taverns!
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
Maeon
SL Name: Maeon (Alogical)
Caste: Scribes
Role: Scholar & Writer
Home Stone: Ar, residing in Turia

Postby Maeon » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:01 pm

I missed you then guys. I think we don't share the same play times. Anyway, Jeff already knows what "The usual" means. :D
Harlequin
SL Name: Harlequin Salome
Caste: Scripter
Role: Guy Who Stares In Confusion
Home Stone: Blender, mostly.

Postby Harlequin » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:09 pm

I have big plans for the tavern, provided I can put the time in to develop all the ideas... and with Tamar helping, what can stop us? My goal is tocreate an atmosphere where there's good RP for -everyone-. Slaves shouldn't just be sex-dolls.

WEll they should be that, but more too, you know? A tavern shouldn't ONLY be a place a slave RPs just to get her rocks off.
There used to be a gif here. It was awesome. But it's gone now.
BlueConover
SL Name: Blue Conover
Caste: Red
Home Stone: Torcadino
AkA: Blue Conover

Postby BlueConover » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:09 pm

Sasi wrote:

You are totally wrong. You don't need a NC (and don't even need the chore to be effectively RPed) after your character told his slave to perform a chore, like cleaning a room for example. So, imagine, I play your character's girl. Here starts our scene when you're back:

Me: /me didn't feel very comfortable when Blue stepped into the room for the purpose to check if she had properly cleaned it. She gulped, bit her bottom lip, dropped to her knees and she nervously taped her fingertips on her thighs, hoping that he wouldn't notice the little hump which deformed a bit a corner of the rug, exactly where she had pushed, while sweeping, a bunny dust that she had been too lazy to pick up and throw outside the house. Hiding it under the rug had sounded like a smart idea at that moment but she was not so sure it had been very clever, now.... Her heart racing, she took a deep breath and pitched a poor smile at the man, trying her best to look innocent....

Now, up to your character to notice that mine gave some hints of discomfort, to notice or not the bunny dust under the rug. That is a RP scene. If you cannot commit to such scene, don't give chores to a slave. Personally, I am an adult, I am perfectly able to find my RP by myself if I want when the guy playing my character's owner is offline. If I don't find anyone to play with me, I will go to shop or play gachas or anything I want. Filling notecards of mundane chores is not my conception of fun RP.

Don't insult your fellow players' intelligence and creativity in requiring they fill NC to have something to do and RP. We are not kids.

Oh i see. so now we are back to reading minds and fluffying up posts to hit the all powerful PARA RP!

but hey what ever floats your boat.

I'm not championing shit btw.
I'm simply saying its amusing how many people are bitching about a valid rp tool

correctly stated by some is talking oocly in ims about things, and yes this is easily done when its a best buddy pal friend person.
But I dont know every single person on sim ooc'y to jump in their ims constantly checking up on things.

I am not a lifestyler. I have never been a lifestyler. Nor will I ever be a lifestyler.
for the record.
He Lives....
Happiness is like Orgasms... The More you think about it.. The less you get...
BlueConover
SL Name: Blue Conover
Caste: Red
Home Stone: Torcadino
AkA: Blue Conover

Postby BlueConover » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:12 pm

Pepper wrote:
BlueConover wrote:as apposed to

*opposed.

What they all said in respect to your post, I echo. I'm glad they saved me the keystrokes and posted some really good common sense. And if Sasi's emote was too long for you (I'm getting the one liner vibe, which is cool if it's your thing), try this one.

Master: Did you do your chores?
Slave: /me hopes he doesn't see the dust bunny in the corner. "Yes Master!"
Master: Then what's that? *points to dust bunny*

Voila. You just saved her all that time writing a NC, and you all that time wasted reading it just to find out what you could have been told in one short line of RP.

I like the veiled insult of how much i type. thank you.

but, For that to work you would have to have a slave rper who decides they want that to happen. Not, my own checking over whats been completed or not completed.

So just to double check.

if notecarding chores is wrong as is the general cenus.
then it's perfectly fine if I am on guard duty at the main gate, when i request a slave serve me a meal, a drink for them to wander off for 2 seconds and come back and simply go

"here is your order" then yes?
all the flowing serving and cooking rp, not required and I shouldn't request to see it either for my reading pleasure.
got it.
He Lives....
Happiness is like Orgasms... The More you think about it.. The less you get...
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Postby Sasi » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:37 pm

BlueConover wrote:
Sasi wrote:

You are totally wrong. You don't need a NC (and don't even need the chore to be effectively RPed) after your character told his slave to perform a chore, like cleaning a room for example. So, imagine, I play your character's girl. Here starts our scene when you're back:

Me: /me didn't feel very comfortable when Blue stepped into the room for the purpose to check if she had properly cleaned it. She gulped, bit her bottom lip, dropped to her knees and she nervously taped her fingertips on her thighs, hoping that he wouldn't notice the little hump which deformed a bit a corner of the rug, exactly where she had pushed, while sweeping, a bunny dust that she had been too lazy to pick up and throw outside the house. Hiding it under the rug had sounded like a smart idea at that moment but she was not so sure it had been very clever, now.... Her heart racing, she took a deep breath and pitched a poor smile at the man, trying her best to look innocent....

Now, up to your character to notice that mine gave some hints of discomfort, to notice or not the bunny dust under the rug. That is a RP scene. If you cannot commit to such scene, don't give chores to a slave. Personally, I am an adult, I am perfectly able to find my RP by myself if I want when the guy playing my character's owner is offline. If I don't find anyone to play with me, I will go to shop or play gachas or anything I want. Filling notecards of mundane chores is not my conception of fun RP.

Don't insult your fellow players' intelligence and creativity in requiring they fill NC to have something to do and RP. We are not kids.

Oh i see. so now we are back to reading minds and fluffying up posts to hit the all powerful PARA RP!

but hey what ever floats your boat.

I'm not championing shit btw.
I'm simply saying its amusing how many people are bitching about a valid rp tool

correctly stated by some is talking oocly in ims about things, and yes this is easily done when its a best buddy pal friend person.
But I dont know every single person on sim ooc'y to jump in their ims constantly checking up on things.

I am not a lifestyler. I have never been a lifestyler. Nor will I ever be a lifestyler.
for the record.

It,s not a discussion about para-role play, but about that old school Gor bullshit that are notecarded chores. And Pepper gave an example of one line RP illustrating my point.

Requiring a NC instead of RPing a scene is not using a RP tool, It's laziness as well as contempt toward this rper. If a slaver wants to check if my character performed a chore, he had to check with me, ICly. How I RPed the chore is -my- business. I am adult, not a kid who need to be told how she must RP her character.

As if you order a meal a drink when on guard duty (seriously, there are still people who stand alone at a gate, doing guard duty? Lol), the slave can start emoting that she asks you some coins which will pay the meal she will order to the closest tavern, first... After, yes, just emoting she bought the meal. Would you expect a random slave cook for you and get you a free meal?
Why should she type all the meal preparation and went RPing with herself, aligning emote after emote? Where is the fun? Can you just understand that RP is about interactions with people, interactions which make your character grow, evolve, create emotions, intrigues, plots, stories? I cook in RL, I clean my house, I make my laundry. Why would I log in SL and describe these actions which already, annoy me in RL? (save cooking, but if I want fun in cooking, I have my own kitchen for that)

And hopefully that this meal RP would be just a frame for a more interesting interaction... Because maybe a noob or some uncreative slave RPer won't mind the " Fetch me a meal Girl" "Thank you, you may go back to your chores / serve others", but some RPers might send you in IMs: "Next time, don't bother, use a NPC"

Also, there are not many long flowing descriptions of chores in books, why would we bother with the mundane in our RP, anyway?
Pepper
SL Name: Pepper

Postby Pepper » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:52 pm

BlueConover wrote:I like the veiled insult of how much i type. thank you.

but, For that to work you would have to have a slave rper who decides they want that to happen. Not, my own checking over whats been completed or not completed.

So just to double check.

then it's perfectly fine if I am on guard duty at the main gate, when i request a slave serve me a meal, a drink for them to wander off for 2 seconds and come back and simply go

all the flowing serving and cooking rp, not required and I shouldn't request to see it either for my reading pleasure.
got it.

It's cute that you call that an insult. :egrin:

If you're standing alone on guard duty at the gate, and you roleplay telling a slave to get you a meal and drink, why does she have to go off by herself, stand alone in a kitchen, and type out long emotes about standing on her tippy toes to reach that goblet that's always on the very top shelf, showing off her elongated calf muscle, breasts heaving as she slinks back down to the pads of her bare feet, etc, if nobody is there. How does her typing out a serve that you won't see, benefit her roleplay or yours? If I was playing a slave and a guard ordered food in the street I'd either: request the coins, like Sasi said, or tempt him into the tavern despite his guard duty, or walk away and go to the tavern/inn and (if there are people there) pick up fresh rp there. If there aren't, I'd go get a drink, then return my av to your side and emote that the food, perfectly prepared (or burned, or sloppy, or the wrong drink, etc) is presented to you.

See Blue, having her just return with an emote of "here's your food, Master" (however long or short you prefer that to be) opens up roleplay for you both. Now you can ask her, "Did you have any trouble in the tavern? Did you find everything ok? Did anyone bother you? Did you pay the tavern master? Who prepared this food, it's quite good. Who prepared this food, it's too salty." If she comes back and hands you the nc of her serve, or pastes it to you in IMs, that's the typist pleasing the other typist, not the slave character pleasing the warrior character. It's a huge mix of that line between IC and OOC. If you asked me for a NC of my serve, I'd laugh, and laugh hard. Not that I'm against rp'ing out serves, but the dude had better be there and be actively playing off of what I post.

ETA: There's a big difference between saying "Hey, can I see that roleplay you just did? I want to read it." and saying "You need to go in and type out a serve / your chores so that I can read them and make sure they were done right and rp being mad if I see something I don't like." I read my friends rp scenes all the time cause she's bloody brilliant. But I would never tell anyone that they have to rp something out alone just so I can read it and react IC off of a scene I wasn't there for IC.
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:13 am

BlueConover wrote:
Pepper wrote:
BlueConover wrote:as apposed to
So just to double check.

got it.

I tend to get annoyed if they did it any other way. Who the f*ck enjoys reading how a meal is prepared let alone prose about blue orbs.

Maybe there is a hole in the market for books on fantasy stories about doing chores, cleaning rooms and serving drinks, or am I missing something?

Return to “Slaves”