Slave Training

Discussions related to Kajira, Kajirus, Bonds and Thralls.
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Re: Slave Training

Postby Kaitlin » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:41 pm

Vylixan wrote:Why is it that when its about Roleplay it turns fast into a "Come here to play, we are great ?" Slave training is something you can do everywhere the only thing you need are two or more players.

Because most people enjoy having the setting, the visual. You may not but you are a minority in RP when you can have both. The the only deterrent is time and technical limitations. In those instances you have to settle for a different venue. If those aren't a factor, I don't know why anyone would choose to limit themselves.
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait
Vylixan
SL Name: Massah Dude
Owner: I own.

Postby Vylixan » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:19 pm

Kaitlin wrote:Because most people enjoy having the setting, the visual. You may not but you are a minority in RP when you can have both. The the only deterrent is time and technical limitations. In those instances you have to settle for a different venue. If those aren't a factor, I don't know why anyone would choose to limit themselves.

That has nothing to do with the: "Come here to play, we are great ?"
The visual setting can be created in every sim. but all this kind of topics end up as advertisement promotion topics about how good certain sims are.
Kaitlin

Postby Kaitlin » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:34 pm

Vylixan wrote:
Kaitlin wrote:Because most people enjoy having the setting, the visual. You may not but you are a minority in RP when you can have both. The the only deterrent is time and technical limitations. In those instances you have to settle for a different venue. If those aren't a factor, I don't know why anyone would choose to limit themselves.

That has nothing to do with the: "Come here to play, we are great ?"
The visual setting can be created in every sim. but all this kind of topics end up as advertisement promotion topics about how good certain sims are.

I don't think that was what Elle meant. I get the impression it was a genuine invitation to a sim that leans toward what Tamar has indicated she has an interest in playing without the nonsense seen on many sims. Simple. Obviously she was right in her recommendation because she had already picked the same sim.

It is fine you are loving being simless and text RP. That doesn't discount the benefits of other ways to play.

Once upon a time... Kait
Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:41 pm

Vylixan wrote:Why is it that when its about Roleplay it turns fast into a "Come here to play, we are great ?" Slave training is something you can do everywhere the only thing you need are two or more players.

Because some of us enjoy rping with a group of folks, whether it be a sim wide group or a group of players independent of a sim. Combine that with knowing from OOC discussions (inworld, forums, etc) that your idea of RP meshes with them is an even greater incentive to pull someone into your sim. It's not an advertisement for a sim, really, it's more of a "come play with me in my sandbox" type of request. Plus you have to start the rp somewhere, so why not in the sim where you currently reside? Then if for some reason the sim dies or you feel a need to move on from there - you can go with a group of folks and keep the story still intact.
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/
Vylixan

Postby Vylixan » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:48 pm

Kaitlin wrote:It is fine you are loving being simless and text RP. That doesn't discount the benefits of other ways to play.

Please leave those assumptions out of this, the subject is totally different and has nothing to do with my RP at all. All I did was a question and the result is personal attacks, so please quit those attacks on what my preference might be.

Elle: For me its more promotion and sim advertisement that I see a lot in topics that are about certain type of scenes of Roleplay. And its logically groups move from one sim to an other when it dies or is brought down by the owners. Nothing wrong with that.
Kaitlin

Postby Kaitlin » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:10 pm

Vylixan wrote:
Kaitlin wrote:It is fine you are loving being simless and text RP. That doesn't discount the benefits of other ways to play.

Please leave those assumptions out of this, the subject is totally different and has nothing to do with my RP at all. All I did was a question and the result is personal attacks, so please quit those attacks on what my preference might be.

You continue to amaze me. Exactly where was the attack? Stating the obvious that you have said yourself countless times? You like text RP. Nothing wrong with that and it has its benefits. The only person on attack was you frankly. You targeted what was a genuine "come play with me" type request. Does it matter if it comes in a forum thread or a PM? :confuzed:

Once upon a time... Kait
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:41 pm

Yeah, Vylixan- I didn't get that sense that there's a push for recruitment going on infiltrating every thread on the Gorums...I think it's just people going, "Oh, I like them- they're looking for r/p and people to play with and seem to be having trouble finding a place to play- I'll be happy to play with them." And then of course just telling them where they're currently playing so we can find them. I really don't think there's anything disingenuous about it, and honestly I really appreciated it when Elle said that- she was even nice enough to catch me in world and we've been plotting in IM's, which makes me happy.

Networking, I've found- is a very necessary skill to have in SL r/p when free time is often in short supply and it's getting harder and harder to simply drop into a sim and find quality r/p. Sometimes your best option is to say hi to someone OOC and see if they're up for some r/p, and most people I think would appreciate the invite. I know I do.

Speaking of which, Vylixan, Kait, and anyone else- hit me up if you guys want to play sometime. I'm usually pretty thrilled to meet and play with new people and open to just about any storyline ideas that remain somewhat plausible with the books. 's hard for people playing slaves to find good r/p, so I'll take it anywhere I can get it. LOL

And re. the OP- I'm working on compiling a "training manual", for anyone to use/refer back to- attempting to gather and organize as many relevant quotes from the books re. slave training as I can. Obviously this will be an ongoing project, but hopefully it'll maybe help encourage people to take on this sort of r/p.
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
Vylixan

Postby Vylixan » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:58 pm

Kaitlin wrote:You continue to amaze me. Exactly where was the attack?

What has the RP style has to do with my question or this topic ? NOTHING ! So get lost. :wave:
Kaitlin

Postby Kaitlin » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:05 pm

Tamar Luminos wrote:And re. the OP- I'm working on compiling a "training manual", for anyone to use/refer back to- attempting to gather and organize as many relevant quotes from the books re. slave training as I can. Obviously this will be an ongoing project, but hopefully it'll maybe help encourage people to take on this sort of r/p.

Ceri has some kick ass material with great quotes. I'll send it to you in game next time I log. I've been tempted to start rolling some of it out in the newbie thread or on a blog since I hate to see what she has done going to waste. It is pretty awesome.

And thanks for the invitation. Vylixan is pretty kick ass in RP (when he isn't being grumpy gus :D ) School is sucking all of my time lately or I would be in Venna or Port Kar. I might stop by for a scene some time.

Once upon a time... Kait
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:33 pm

Ceri has some kick ass material with great quotes. I'll send it to you in game next time I log. I've been tempted to start rolling some of it out in the newbie thread or on a blog since I hate to see what she has done going to waste. It is pretty awesome.

And thanks for the invitation. Vylixan is pretty kick ass in RP (when he isn't being grumpy gus :D ) School is sucking all of my time lately or I would be in Venna or Port Kar. I might stop by for a scene some time.

I'd love that, thanks Kait! I think I may have some of her old stuff but my inventory is a horror so a new copy would be fantastic. And yes, hit me up anytime, on here or in game if you want to play. I hear great things about Venna, hoping to find an excuse to visit there again soon.
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/

Return to “Slaves”