Chores - Not a big part of slave RP?

Discussions related to Kajira, Kajirus, Bonds and Thralls.

2 Part Poll: How much time do you spend on chores? Do you enjoy chores?

I spend less than 20% of my RP time doing chores
16
20%
I spend less than 20% of my RP time doing chores
16
20%
I spend 21-50% of my RP time doing chores
5
6%
I spend 21-50% of my RP time doing chores
5
6%
I spend 51-80% of my RP time doing chores
1
1%
I spend 51-80% of my RP time doing chores
1
1%
I spend more than 80% of my RP time doing chores
1
1%
I spend more than 80% of my RP time doing chores
1
1%
1) I enjoy slave chore RP
1
1%
1) I enjoy slave chore RP
1
1%
I enjoy slave chore RP
8
10%
I enjoy slave chore RP
8
10%
I dislike slave chore RP
8
10%
I dislike slave chore RP
8
10%
 
Total votes: 80
User avatar
Ala
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:21 pm
SL Name: Ala
Caste: Puddin' Pop!
Role: Bondchuk
Home Stone: His feet
Owner: da Jarl dude
Location: New Zealand

Re: Chores - Not a big part of slave RP?

Postby Ala » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:49 pm

~pancake~ wrote:I feel really stupid here, and maybe it's the various projects I have on the go frying my brain, but I can't figure out what option to pick on the poll.

If I am with a free person character and I'm weeding their garden, sweeping their floor, serving them, bathing them... I don't consider it chores, I consider it roleplay.

If I am with other slaves and we are squashing grapes, doing dishes or laundry... again, I don't consider it chores, I consider it roleplay.

If I'm actively engaged with another player, then I'm roleplaying. I don't think I differentiate the types of roleplay into chore or not chore related so I don't even now if I could break it down.

However, if someone tells me OOC that I have to go write X amount of lines of "chores" and send in a notecard, to me that is what I think of when people say chores, and that I rarely do.

The exception being when I chose to engage in solo writing for my own character development or amusement, or because I'm furthering a story with someone via notecard. Again though, it's not chores, it's writing.

Edit to Add: As a panther girl I did a lot of solo writing: hunting, setting up camp, making my clothing. I did it because I enjoyed it, but I didn't think of it as chores or chore RP. As a slave I sometimes do this as well, when there isn't anyone around to roleplay with I use my broom animation and write about trying to keep the entrance to the tavern clear... until Asea drops more snow on me! :lol:


Agreed! Chores with another person is rp something we are all here for...no?

I also have written out chores and rped alone because, it moved a story forward, and sometimes it just helps with the mindset of the character. Generally it is done on a notecarad and dropped on those it effects in rp also, and left with them to use or not, as they please.

I do object to being sent away from the only rp on a sim, to do chores (if they expect me to notecard them or not.) And quite frankly, I will assume, I am not wanted around those people. Now I have no issue with that at all, Ala will probably be miffed, as her gossip gleening will be hampered, but, me, her typist, won't worry. However, I am unlikely to go and sit on a poseball, and do the chore alone, just to feed someones ego.

MY time is valuable to me, so while the person sending Ala away, might not want her included in the current scene and sent her off to do some task, it is MOST likely the task will be faded to black. Assume it happened, but don't expect a notecard. Meanwhile my avatar and I will be elsewhere.

I do agree with Thyri, a lot of people don't know how to interact with slaves other than serving, sexy time or "sending them off to do chores". Slaves actually had time to relax...shocking I know. To socialise and gossip. Because, if you worked her hard all day long, she is gonna be tired, and I am thinking most men, would get a little upset if their slut got them all aroused and ready for the 'wild thang', but fell asleep with his hard schlong wrapped in her grasp....well before she finished sating him.....course I could be wrong on that :P
Capture the mind ~ all else will follow.

I am not a bitch ~ I just have a low tolerance for bullshit
User avatar
Sempati
Posts: 246
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:08 pm
SL Name: Revenge Sempati
Caste: Warrior
Role: Dirty old man
Home Stone: Old Cardonicus

Re: Chores - Not a big part of slave RP?

Postby Sempati » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:37 pm

Ala wrote:I do agree with Thyri, a lot of people don't know how to interact with slaves other than serving, sexy time or "sending them off to do chores". Slaves actually had time to relax...shocking I know. To socialise and gossip. Because, if you worked her hard all day long, she is gonna be tired, and I am thinking most men, would get a little upset if their slut got them all aroused and ready for the 'wild thang', but fell asleep with his hard schlong wrapped in her grasp....well before she finished sating him.....course I could be wrong on that

Well, if she fell asleep one can still wake her or use her to prevent blue balls. :lol: Then again Ven is a very bad man at times.

Obviously by the long boring RP that was posted I have no issue with RPing with slaves outside fucking and serving. Actually most of my time in Clearchus with slaves was simply talking to them and I find it rather refreshing and enjoyable to talk.

Regarding notecarding chores, I rarely request such unless it is a specific task and perfer to just have a slave tell me what they did instead of taking time away from active RP to read a series of notecards. Now if a slave of her own choice sends me a note of RP events, I do my best to read it.
If I send a slave away from me to "do chores" more often than not I have reasons for such, either simply need privacy for the moment, or perhaps I want her to be a slave and obey my commands (sandals do not oil themselves). I think making players notecard and create chore RP solely to make them appear busy is silly, and I prefer to have players come together, not sit idle and engage each other.

I also think to combat the "well free do not know what to do with slaves outside of fuck, drink, ignore" they need the more seasoned RPers to make obvious and public examples. Best way to teach and inform is simply to show, not lecture.
“I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.”
“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
Bruce Lee
User avatar
Ala
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:21 pm
SL Name: Ala
Caste: Puddin' Pop!
Role: Bondchuk
Home Stone: His feet
Owner: da Jarl dude
Location: New Zealand

Re: Chores - Not a big part of slave RP?

Postby Ala » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:16 pm

well I must be odd Ven, cos I didn't find the rp long or boring! ;)

And at the risk of this sounding wrong, and appearing all princessy I will say; if my rp partner requests notecard chores he will get the damn things, emoted out in full, word for bloody word! BUT, here is the thing...it would be a springboard to more rp, not just notecarding something for the sake of it to fill in my time.

Perhaps because all my rp partners (Ala's owners) have known I am quite capable of keeping her occupied, none has routinely requested it. Sure there have been times when I have been given a task to complete...but again it comes back to being a springboard for further rp. (and of course reminding her, he is Master dude, she is slave thing)

And I completely agree, sending a slave away from somewhere to do chores because the free wants privacy is a legitimate thing. ICly that can be what happens. It doesn't however mean my character has to actually emote it, especially if I am going to be alone, and it does nothing to enhance ongoing storylines.

I guess I also come from the thinking, if a slave is privately owned, if anyone other than her owner wants to put her to work, unless it was some place she was actually already rented to, wouldn't the person actually have to "rent" the slave's time? The time belongs to the owner ICly, and the owner may have no objection to the slave doing chores for every Tom, Dick and Harry...well right up until the first case of blue balls :lol: :P, but wouldn't it be polite to actually approach him and rent the beast before putting her to work?

In closing (sorry for the long ramble) I agree, lectures usually fall on deaf ears *ponders actually deleting her entire rant, as it no doubt sounds like one... :hiding: * By showing, examples such as the rp given, people realise there is more than the standard serve, fur, rinse and repeat. It can be hard as a slave to lead scenes, some consider it topping from the bottom - again I have been blessed with rp partners who have not only wanted me to, but encourage it, and who more importantly have realised, if a player only has a maximum of less than 10 hours rp time a week, and on average it would take 1 hour at least to do one notecard chore, and that chore will be done alone...helloooo when are they meant to rp?

All that said, if I am on a rp sim, and alone, I am likely doing something like sorting my inventory, or chatting in IMs, or surfing for music, or trying to catelog my over 100 dance animations (there has got to be an easier way to that!). I will often sit on a pose ball chore, so my character looks busy!
Capture the mind ~ all else will follow.

I am not a bitch ~ I just have a low tolerance for bullshit
User avatar
Kaitlin
Posts: 3057
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:16 pm
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM
Contact:

Re: Chores - Not a big part of slave RP?

Postby Kaitlin » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:08 pm

Ala wrote:well I must be odd Ven, cos I didn't find the rp long or boring! ;)
...
By showing, examples such as the rp given, people realise there is more than the standard serve, fur, rinse and repeat.


I thought the RP was pretty amazing and sometimes an example is the best way to try and get your point across. Chores are RP to me just as any other type of RP. It can be fun and should be done with others. It certainly can be more than being sent off in a corner to manufacture a notecard.

Thanks for the great example Ven.
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait
User avatar
Caranda
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:13 am
SL Name: Caranda Schreiner
Role: slave
Owner: Brigette Wade
Location: Australia

Re: Chores - Not a big part of slave RP?

Postby Caranda » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:51 am

I have quite a few chore animations - sweeping, tidying in the kitchen, washing clothes, sewing and mending, beating rugs etc etc - and I use them quite frequently to add a little extra visual colour to the local scene. I think its more realistic to start one of these running when times are quiet instead of being in perma-nadu. They also give you and other people an entry to some more interesting RP than the usual waitress type slave RP of endless offers of service. I have frequently had people come up when my avie is engaged in a chore anim and use it as a basis to strike up a conversation.

What I do not do is type out lengthy descriptions of what I am doing. First because its boring and second because anyone can see what I am doing by looking at my avie. The only time I type things out is when doing a serve or specific task for someone and even then I try to match the text with the correct anim.
It is regarded as right to enslave a natural slave
Arwyn Quandry
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:05 pm
SL Name: Arwyn Quandry
Role: Slave
Home Stone: Imperial Ar
Owner: Darby Dollinger

Re: Chores - Not a big part of slave RP?

Postby Arwyn Quandry » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:24 am

I spend quite a bit of time doing "chores", but mine aren't the typical ones. I'm never given a list of them to do - rather, I make up something to keep myself busy and allow myself to interact with others. They're not things like cleaning and such, but more interesting, involved tasks.

Recently, I took up the task of RP'ing making a map of the city we were new in, walking around town, asking people where things were and scribbling on a bit of paper. Then I made up orders to discover what the various shops sold and went around asking the various shopkeepers about their wares, which created some interesting conversations and helped me introduce myself and the house I'm part of to the city. Sometimes I'll have her go out and do the shopping for the house, buying food and anything else which might be needed.

My character also spies - she appears to just be sitting around, maybe sewing, cleaning something or sunbathing, but is actually listening in on conversations to report back to her Master.

Chores shouldn't be chores. They should be fun tasks which enhance your RP and give you the chance to meet new people.
farah
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:27 pm
SL Name: Jessica Holyoke
AkA: farah

Re: Chores - Not a big part of slave RP?

Postby farah » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:15 am

I find the whole concept a little interesting and varied.

IF the note carded, solo performed chores were being used to enhance role play by laying a foundation or otherwise, then sure maybe.

IF the note carded, solo performed chores were being used as a SIMS type act AND the Free had to perform them as well, bakers have to bake, butchers have to butcher, then sure maybe.

IF the note carded, solo performed chores were being used as a way to educate and enhance role play skills for a slave in training, then sure maybe.

But really, how often does the above happen? More often, its to give a slave something to do, when at its heart, SL Gor is someone's recreational time.

When I have ample time to log in and out, I will role play out bathing myself, getting made up, emptying things out in the home on a daily basis, on a SIMS type level, so I do chores as part of my process. But the note card chores are mostly useless, except for the reasons why I said so.
Meriah
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:24 pm
SL Name: Raziel Lameth
Role: Slave
Home Stone: Treve
Owner: Theodoric Delphis
AkA: Raziah
Location: Seattle

Re: Chores - Not a big part of slave RP?

Postby Meriah » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:58 pm

Bara Mayako wrote:This happened to a friend of mine about 2 months ago in an unnamed sim. The sim, for the record, has nothing in the rules about notecarding chores:

She logged on and her master, the sim slaver, IM'd her and told her they were all in a new castle that had been put on the sim. So she went over there, greeted the free and knelt (she was the only slave player present). Listening to the chat, she soon realised that everyone was in an OOC discussion on what to do with the castle, did it belong on the sim, etc., etc. So she stood up and joined the conversation. Her master made her kneel, and she released herself again, IM'ing him that this was an OOC discussion so she didn't feel obliged to. Her master grabbed the leash on her collar, dragged her to the kennel, and ordered her to clean the kennel from top to bottom, sending him a notecard of at least so many lines and so many posts. She said no, she didn't do notecard chores, and he had no right to try to punish her for OOC actions. He told her notecarding chores was part of being a Gorean slave, that if she didn't like it, she didn't belong in Gor, and she could leave. She IM'd the sim admin and he said it was an OOC matter between her and her master, and did not want to get involved. I would provide an anonymised logfile of her conversation with the master, to prove this happened, but it's all in Dutch since she and her master were Dutch.

This player has left Gor because of this and similar experiences.

Now, the question is ... are the quotes you provide from the books about slaves happily doing chores together, or what happened to this player, more typical for what slaves experience in SL Gor these days?


I think note-carded chores done alone are an ooc hardship placed on another SL player, more than they are a tool for role play. It is one thing to do chores in a tavern, where there are others to interact with, quite another when you are forced to fill a note card that will untimely be meaningless in the grand scheme of... role play.

Granted, I still refer to free as Master or Mistress when out of character. I do not have too, but there are so many who insist upon it and I have found that doing otherwise simply creates drama for me. For my Master's part he allows me to voice my opinion out of character. I suppose I am fortunate in that.

Sadly, I find out of character punishments and chores to be all to common in my experience. To my lasting horror I had a Master who had a floor that would get dirty as avatars crossed it. In order to clean it a slave had to attach a brush to their hand, remain in the crouched position and guide the brush with their camera from first person. Though I thought this was a perfectly reasonable punishment, the fact that I had to do this for an hour a day regardless of my service to Master was more than a bit annoying.
User avatar
Sasi
Posts: 716
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:16 am
SL Name: Sasi

Re: Chores - Not a big part of slave RP?

Postby Sasi » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:49 am

Meriah wrote:Granted, I still refer to free as Master or Mistress when out of character. I do not have too, but there are so many who insist upon it and I have found that doing otherwise simply creates drama for me. For my Master's part he allows me to voice my opinion out of character. I suppose I am fortunate in that.


So, because some jerks give you shit when you dont call them master/mistress in OOC (funny how some people need to flatter their ego in a virtual world, probably to compensate their RL frustrations) you crawl in their Ims? And how do you want to be respected if you dont respect yourself enough to refuse to act in a way that apparently, you do not enjoy? And are you not an adult, knowing that she wants and enough mature to refuse to comply to something which doesnt give you fun? Forced to fill notecard? Do you have a knife on the throat?

Even when I played a slave, I have always made clear that I would not act like a slave in OOC. I laughed at the face of the few people who gave me shit for this reason and sometimes, muted them. If they create drama, they are the author of the drama, ignore them, their position cannot be defended in any role play sim.

And I dont know where you RP, but if many people in OOC, insist to be addressed with a title, maybe are you in a lifestyle sim or in a sim with a bunch of crap idiots mixing IC and OOC. Are they worthy of your time and RP, you think?
User avatar
Anarch Allegiere
Posts: 1000
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:01 am
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Re: Chores - Not a big part of slave RP?

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:24 am

Meriah wrote:For my Master's part he allows me to voice my opinion out of character. I suppose I am fortunate in that.


Why not In Character too? I'd get bored out of my mind pretty fast with the slaves I own if it wasn't for the fact that the ones that I do keep around often come up with intelligent conversation and proove themselves useful beyond spreading their legs.

It's sadly the typical bobbing 'yes Master'-slave syndrome, for some reason many slave roleplayers in SL Gor seem to believe that in their role they're not allowed to say or do anything besides obeying and keeping their mouths shut. Which is obviously not incorrect either if such would've been the wishes of the owner, but it does take too much live and personality away from the slave characters that you might as well just buy a prim slave or use an NPC slave instead then...

Return to “Slaves”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest