Chores - Not a big part of slave RP?

Discussions related to Kajira, Kajirus, Bonds and Thralls.

2 Part Poll: How much time do you spend on chores? Do you enjoy chores?

I spend less than 20% of my RP time doing chores
20%
I spend less than 20% of my RP time doing chores
20%
I spend 21-50% of my RP time doing chores
6%
I spend 21-50% of my RP time doing chores
6%
I spend 51-80% of my RP time doing chores
1%
I spend 51-80% of my RP time doing chores
1%
I spend more than 80% of my RP time doing chores
1%
I spend more than 80% of my RP time doing chores
1%
1) I enjoy slave chore RP
1%
1) I enjoy slave chore RP
1%
I enjoy slave chore RP
10%
I enjoy slave chore RP
10%
I dislike slave chore RP
10%
I dislike slave chore RP
10%

Total votes: 80
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Chores - Not a big part of slave RP?

Postby Kaitlin » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:29 pm

I realized something in one of the active threads regarding slave RP. The amount of chores desired and performed by slave RPers may vary greatly. There also doesn't seem to be much appreciation for this being part of the role of a slave despite it being covered extensively in the books.

Personally I love chores and I have countless props from crushing grapes for wine to a sewing cushion. I love watching my character being animated and going through the motions while emoting day to day tasks in the company of other slave players or even free players. It has also seemed to work simultaneously with any overarching storyline with more depth that I had going on. I've never had to pick one or the other.

How much do chores factor into your RP as a slave player? Do you enjoy them or simply tolerate them? If you are a free player do you participate in this type of RP often with slaves directing, instructing or observing them?

There are no wrong or right answers and hopefully this doesn't spiral downward into a discussion of notecarded chores.
:hiding:

Hopefully Ven will not mind me adding the this RP posted on another forum in a spoiler but it was just such a perfect example of how chore RP fits even an epic storyline that I wanted to include it here.

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
Clearchus Slaves Prepare Defences!
« 06. August 2011, 21:58:47 »

[09:53] Ven (revenge.sempati) surveys what once was left of the gate and mutters darkly, looking around and seeing just the slaves before him his voice stern and gruff "All the men captured or out on the field?"

[09:53] Hook (mercedes.raviprakash) managed to make it up the hill with the first piece of lumber as she looked back to Seph, "here?" she was already breathing hard. Dang thing was heavy.

[09:54] Sephora (destiny66): chunked the wood down at her feet, barely missing her toes. "Heavy doesn't describe it. Tal Maser!" she said quickly sinking to her knees.

[09:55] tala (dimi.balan): sees the girls have returned, not allowed to venture past the gates herself, when she sees the Master and sinks gracefully to her knees. melodious voice carrying on the breeze, "Greetings Master"

[09:56] Hook (mercedes.raviprakash) felt the back end drop and it nearly pulled her down and backwards before she rolled it down over her shoulder and it thunked loudly upon the ground with a grunt. "Good Gracious.." She bent over to try and start to roll it at least sideways, as in a longways position it would do them no good.

[09:57] Sephora (destiny66): shrugged her shoulders as she tried to brush the dirt from her silks. "I'm sorry Master, but I don't know where the other outlaws are. " she spoke honestly and with some fear in her voice. The constant raiding, darn near making her lose her mind.

[09:57] Ven (revenge.sempati) waves his hand annoyed "You may stay on your feet slaves." he eyes looking along the wreckage of what was the gate and wall, his jaw tense "I guess the fellows are serious about wiping out this band of outlaws." he would laugh loudly and look to the wood the girls carried "You know where picks and shovels are kept girls?" He knew well setting fortifications, even flimsy barricades would do better than the lack of now existed.

[09:58] tala (dimi.balan): i would guess in the smithy Master?

9:59] Hook (mercedes.raviprakash) nods in aggreance with tala, "Just there in the blacksmith Master, shall Seph and I gather more wood? Or do you need stone...or or mud..or?" they were just trying to do whatever they could to help

[10:00] Sephora (destiny66): turned to hook and nodded at tala's words. "Perhaps the Inn, Master, " thinking she had seen shovels near where clothes and sheets were washed.

[10:00] Ven (revenge.sempati) jerks his head at Tala dismissing her, "go tend matters further into the village."

[10:01] tala (dimi.balan): thank You Master. i bid You most well. serve with fire kajirae
[10:01] tala (dimi.balan) hurries off into the direction of the Inn
[10:01] Sephora (destiny66): waved goodbye to tala as she went

[10:04] Ven (revenge.sempati) he looks between the other girls then along the large gap between the walls "I commend yoru effort girls, but think we might need a bit more to plug this hole." his eyes darted around, brows furrowed "Wonder how much time before the raiders decide to charge us....if had enough men, could make a wall of wood spikes, but..." he trails off muttering.

[10:05] Hook (mercedes.raviprakash) looked to him as she saw him start to think and she nudged Seph, "Shovels.. i'll get the picks" and she turned and hurried towards the blacksmith to try and find one to bring to him.

[10:05] Sephora (destiny66): nodded and ran off toward the inn to fetch shovesl

[10:05] Sadi (sadiah.taurus) blinks as she sees the wall missing and smells the acris smell of smoke.. " Tal Master.. Tal Sephora, Hook.

[10:06] Sephora (destiny66): "Tal sadi! Off to the inn! Be back quickly!" she hollers as she scoots to the inn

[10:08] Velleity (emma.haskell) stepped forwards, horrified at the sight. The defences were more ruined than she had imagined. Her hands trembled, but she spoke as valiantly as a slave might, 'I am here to aid in the repair of this segment of wall, Master!'. She looked at it uncertainly - no clue where to begin.

[10:09] bucket (heidi.choral) smiles at her friends seph and sadi

[10:09] Sephora (destiny66): searched the inn and found things had been moved in the great land shake the few days before. She blinked quickly and found two long shovels and a few hand shovels. Tossing them over her shoulders with an "ooomph!" she hurried back to the gate, or what was left of it, to do what she could to protect her home. She tossed the two shovels to the ground with a clatter, the hand shovels on top. "Is all I could find Master," she said somewhat frustrated.

[10:09] Sadi (sadiah.taurus): Tal Ribbons

[10:10] Hook (mercedes.raviprakash) shuffled around and smiled as she found it, "AHA!" and lifted the pick and started to make her way back to Ven. She saw Seph returning to and she had more then one shovel and frowned as she mumbled, "I could only find one."

[10:10] Sephora (destiny66): smiled meekly to bucket and velleity, "Tal kajira" before she turned her attention back to the road spread out before the city.

[10:10] bucket (heidi.choral): /me"it is bucket now.." she mutters softly

[10:12] bucket (heidi.choral) looks around at the gate gone and walls she blinks and waits to understand what to do or happened

[10:13] Velleity (emma.haskell) dissapeared a short-time into the slave-house and returned carrying a large blanket. She lay it flat out on the floor next to the closest deceased man. He looked young, though his facial features were damaged beyond any real hope of recognition. She rolled him carefully onto the blanket. His remaining bodily fluids were already beginning to leak from his orifices. Tightly would she wrap him in the blanket.

[10:14] Ven (revenge.sempati) turns around, blinking at the gathering of girls, looking from one to another "As you girls see, we have a small hole in the wall. " he snorted and glanced at the shovels on the ground "So, we are going to make a barricade, crude but something is better than nothing." He points to Hook and Sephora "Take a shovel each, I want holes dug about a foot deep and about a foot apart along hte line of hte old wall." then looks to the other girls "I want the rest of you to find anything that can be spared, tent poles, carts, anything that we can pile to make a barrier so the raiders have to work to get into this village."

[10:17] Sephora (destiny66): picked up the shovel on the ground, taking it in her small hands. She nodded to the Master, sheer determination on her face. She would do anything to protect her home and those she loved. "Yes Master" her eyes meeting Ven's before she went to the right side to begin digging holes for the barricade.

[10:17] Velleity (emma.haskell) had tied the blanket with rope at the foot end and was now able to drag the cadaver, leaving only the minimal trail of blood and excrement over to one side, where she would begin to pile the deceased to make the necessary burning of the bodies simpler. She wretched as wafts of death escaped from the end of the blanket that she was dragging. She set him down with as much respect as time afforded, supposing it didn't matter much to him now. She went to fetch a blanket for the second man - his body was littered with more arrows then she could count.

[10:17] Hook (mercedes.raviprakash) nods as she set the pick aside and lifted up a shovel, she propped it up onto her shovel, "You got it Master!" she looked to Seph and then motioned with her head, "It is best we start this..." she laughed and just went to follow her

[10:17] bucket (heidi.choral) concentrate on the Masters words she get half of them as usually the free's spoke always too difficult for her . But she got a good part of it "anyhting spared...yes Master" she sprints off quicklt peeking at the tall man from time to time she never saw him before and was wonderiong who he was but she liked to opey and gladly dis so

[10:17] Ven (revenge.sempati) he reaches down and grabs a shovel and looks at the large gap, a hint of concern washing for a moment across his visage before getting swept away "Fates, even take the fat mans barrels"

[10:20] Velleity (emma.haskell) rolled the body onto it's side and retrieved from within him what arrows could viably be reused. There were seven that were still good. The shaft of one had snapped. The arrowhead on another remained lost within his body. She set them aside. Again she lay down the blanket and rolled the man's body onto it. His face was thick with a beard. It made him look older than he probably had been - though with the stabilisation serums it was hard to tell. She drew the body over to join the first. It was exhausting. The man was heavy indeed.

[10:23] bucket (heidi.choral) found a small cart it was not in wonderful conditions but it was doing its job. She filled with old pieces of wood from the barrel's store she was sure the Slaver would not mind if she took them . They were sitting on one side anyway . Mostly were moldy and she was not sure they could old much but that was all it came up into her mind. Pulling with effort on the litle cart she manages to arrive until him . She studies the man well , he was handsome and strong as most of her Master . With a smiles she tries to steightening her back and appear somewhat pretty . She knew she was ugly but she alays tried her best to be pleasing . She stops the cart neart the man proud she found many pieces of broken barrels "this coould do Master?" she asks hoping
[10:24] bucket (heidi.choral): old=hold

[10:24] Velleity (emma.haskell) wiped her forehead with the back of her hand, smearing a line of blood across her face. Her hair was wild about her head. She was a pampered slave. She had had access to the finest silks and cosmetics. She looked about disbelievingly. On the third man, the arrow had stuck between two of his ribs. His bones crunched as she twisted it backwards and forwards trying to dislodge it. It seemed a terrible waste to see valuable weaponry burning with the cadavers. Eventually, his rib dislocated and the arrow came free, tearing through muscle until it found it's way back through the initial entry hole. She had almost expected him to scream out in pain - his face looked almost alive still. His body was still warm. He must have died so recently. She looked up, afraid they would be beseiged with raiders at any moment.

[10:25] bucket (heidi.choral) could not look at the dead bpdies of her Masters she keeps her eyes on the man trying to avoid to look at velleity's job

[10:27] Ven (revenge.sempati) stares into the woods for a moment, frowning then wielding the shovel he stabs it deeply into the ground, looking of the land muttering darkly as he stabs the earth over and over digging a staggered line of holes. He pauses for a moment at the girls voice, looking over his shoulder at the collection of wood and such in the cart giving a curt nod "We hardly ina position to be picky eh. " he motions to his left "Go take a few barrels from Garrgon shop and wedge them in that gap between the wall and the smithy. IF cant get a full wall, least going to funnel the bastard to our blades."

[10:27] Velleity (emma.haskell) probably had found the task easier because she had only been here several days and none of these men were known to her. It was easier to not think of them as real people. Simply as holders of arrows that could be reused. She disconnected emotionally in the same way she had when she was a physician and the patient was unlikely to survive. She wrapped the third man. She was not sure the camp held enough blankets. She would have to begin reusing them. When she had dragged the body over to the pile, she unravelled it and left him, face down, limp and motionless with the first two. Her arms ached. Her back ached. She was unsure how many more she would get through.

[10:30] aspen (agony.vyper) had seen the girls working. She made her way towards the inn, grabbing a two large bota of water. They were ice cold, chilled through. Slinging them over her shoulders she made her way towards the gates. Or what would be the gates. Making her way towards the Master, she lifted the boat "Master.." She said "are you parched?" holding the bota upwards for him to take if he was thirsty.

[10:32] bucket (heidi.choral) begins to empty the cart leaving the pieces of wood she collected on the ground she smiles as the Master seemed pleased with what she brought "yes Master more barrels" she says it was really very hard for her with her poor gorean to understand all the words but she sprints off again to do her new task

[10:32] Ven (revenge.sempati) spares a quick glance to girl dealing with the dead bodies, flashing her a breif smile knowing that is a grisly task, then looking to the girl with the botas and shakes his head "See to the other girls, I am fine for the moment." Then would return to digging the series of holes, glancing back once to the collection of wood.

[10:33] aspen (agony.vyper) set one bota down by his feet. "Yes Master." she said taking the second one to Vell. She smiled at the girl "Hard work.." she whispered "great job.. here drink up." She whispered. Handing the bota, to the girl to drink. She looked down the line, frowning.

[10:34] Velleity (emma.haskell) laid out again the blanket. It had several holes in it now - small tears from the ragged and uneven ground and the weight that she had pulled within it. It was stained through with blood. She went about now and began collecting - parts. There was an arm, torn from the shoulder, cartilidge visible, part of the bone extending into the air. She placed it into the blanket. Too - there was a head. She wavered. For a moment she stood bent-double and thought that she might vomit. It eventually passed and she picked up the head, keeping the face turned well away from her. Some visions she did not wish to have to live with. She placed it next to the arm then continued. Body parts littered the area about her. How they had become disconnected she was not sure.

[10:36] Velleity (emma.haskell) took a short break and wiped her palms down the front of her clothing, trying to remove an unfortunate variety of bodily fluids from them. She took the bota and drunk deeply from it, and then splashed some of the water over her face, shaking her head. 'Thank you', she whispered, handing it back. She continued the seemingly endless task.

[10:37] Sephora (destiny66): stomping on the last few embers with her foot, she growled softly, before hitting the ground with the shovel. She stopped and gazed up at Ven. With a wicked smile, she wiped dirt from her cheek, "He is strong looking..."biting her lip to clear her head. Her Master was not the only Free she would please. Nodding to hook and wrinkling her nose, "Master Kylar's new slave is very... " letting her voice trail off as she dug the next hole.

[10:38] aspen (agony.vyper) smiles brightly to her, offering a hand upon her shoulder. She moved then taking the bota, walking towards Seph. She held the bota out for him "Here.. drink" She said gently. Her hands lifting the bota for her to quench her thirst.

[10:39] Velleity (emma.haskell) had pulled back a large rock and gasped. 'Oh!', she exclaimed, shocked, her heart palpitating wildly in her chest. She swallowed hard and tried to take a breath. The stench of death was too thick in the air about her. She did now wretch and vomit. 'A slave', she eventually said. Her blond hair was plastered thick with blood to her scalp. The sheen of the collar was just visible beneath it. She did not recognise her. She pressed her fingers to the point on her wrist that would hold a pulse. There was none to be found.

[10:40] Sephora (destiny66): dropped the shovel to the ground, smiling at aspen as she took the bota in her hands. "Thank you, " she whispered softly, tipping the bota up to her lips and squeezing, the cool water drenching her lips and soothing her dry throat.

[10:41] aspen (agony.vyper) nodded her head slowly "you are welcome, drink up and make sure you don't get overheated." she watched, before waiting for the bota. When she recieved it, she would make her way towards the other gir.
[10:41] aspen (agony.vyper): girl*

[10:41] Sephora (destiny66): handed the bota back to aspen, grateful for the water. She picked up the shovel, noticing the gasp from Vell, quickly dropping her eyes from the dead slave.

[10:42] Ven (revenge.sempati) finishes with the holes between the smoldering cart and the smithy, shaking his head and spitting dirt and smoke from his mouth, rolling his shoulders in easy circles after setting the shovel against the wall. Glancing to the slave hearing her gasp of shock he studies her for a moment, but had no time was no his nature to take mind of task to deal with less important matters. He roared in laughter though, uncaring what others thought, hima warrior tending the defenses of an outlaw village. He moved intot he smithy looking around and grabbing a hatchet from beneath one of the tables eyeing the edge with scowl.

[10:43] Bronus (matus1980.newey): ·Tal brother"

[10:44] Velleity (emma.haskell) had somehow managed to compose herself enough to continue. She wondered if outlaws took the same sense of honour from death in battle that men of the Red Caste did. She had moved the slave-girl and placed her atop the pile of men, her body comparatively lighter and easier to move about. She looked at them. They would all burn together. The slave had found some sense of equality in death that would never have been granted to her in life. The sheet was too ruined to be reused now. She went in search of another.

[10:44] Ven (revenge.sempati) nods to the man curtly utter a gruff "Tal" his eyes looking over to the slaves tending the ravaged wall, the axe in his hand.

[10:45] Bronus (matus1980.newey) looks at the other slaves, as he talks slowly to him knowing he is busy "im interested in one camp slut, stick is her name"

[10:46] bucket (heidi.choral) returns near the entrance of the camp her cart now was filled with barrels and crates even some rep-cloth sacks she filled with rocks . She smiles as she realease her new cargo on the floor near the others. She recognoze the girl that was capped with her and waves one hand "glad you safe and back

[10:48] Ven (revenge.sempati) gives a slight nod "Not seen that slave, though I been gone for a couple days escorting some free woman to Tyros. " he then gestures towards the large gap "and figure try and make it more difficult for the enemies to waltz in and rape our women."

[10:49] Bronus (matus1980.newey) nos, "she is at one cage now and since yu are aa slaver, i want t buy her"

[10:50] bucket (heidi.choral) pulled the cart back on her shoulderand begisn to move away she catches the words of the Master wanting to buy stick and she sighs softly "anoher that go..and bucket always stays..."

[10:50] Velleity (emma.haskell) had brought a blanket now and had laid it aside a body but was simply unable to move him. She couldn't roll him - not an inch, not even onto his side. He was huge - like a giant. His great shaggy beard was plaited and fell as far as his chest. Never before had she seen such a man. He must have been eight feet tall. 'I cannot move him', she grunted. Too, she could not immediately see what the cause of death had been. Surely it would hae taken much to bring him down. An axe lay at his side.

[10:51] Neir (embrosine.tremor) comes from looking everywhere for her Master, then again the sudden shout that Panthers are at the River catches her attention.. Giving a growl she limps over to Master Bronus and Master Ven. "Masters.. have you seen my Master?" She asks softly, even if she just heard him yell agin, inwhich can only mean one thing.

[10:51] bucket (heidi.choral) reasted the cart of the floor and got closer to emma "do you need help ?"
[10:51] Bronus (matus1980.newey) denies with her head
[10:52] Bronus (matus1980.newey): his*

[10:52] Ven (revenge.sempati) barks out a laugh "Actually I am a warrior, that decided to train sluts here, but I am sure Garrgon or Maeve won't mind a slut being sold." He looks tot he slaves around "Girls...I want those tent poles taken down, not point to having a tent to sip paga under if we all dead. and any poles, logs between 4 to 6 foot that aint nailed to something...I want brought here. HARTA."

[10:52] Ven (revenge.sempati): Nay girl, Bronus the only man I seen at all today....apart from what I figure are scouts along the trees.

[10:52] Velleity (emma.haskell) nodded, and positioned herself at his shoulders and worked her hands underneath, digging her feet into the dirt, ready to push with all of her might, 'Roll him with me', she said, nodding vaguely at the huge bulk of the rest of his body. Sweat dripped down her forehead and into her eyes, blinding her. She waited for the other girl to move into position.

[10:52] Sephora (destiny66): wiped the dirt from her brow as she went to the next place to dig. "it doesn't matter whether you're the Ambassadors slave or the innkeepers slave," tossing dirt with an oomph. "It's you he finds beautiful, not the Master" thinking it would be odd for a master to think that way of another Outlaw. She shrugged her shoulders and thougth maybe she wasn't getting enough sleep.

[10:53] Neir (embrosine.tremor) gives a small nod before speaking again. "I've heard him shout twice now about Panthers.. meaning he got captured.. is there anything you can do? Please?"

[10:54] Bronus (matus1980.newey) "aye bro"

[10:54] Sephora (destiny66): turned at the voice of Neir and cast worried eyes to the woods. Blinking to
hook, "Panthers? I didn't think about panthers..."

[10:54] bucket (heidi.choral) moved near the feet of the giant she was trying hard to dont look at him. She never liked to se dead people when on earth she could not even look at a poor cat dead on the road. She closes her eyes and gets ready to roll the men at the girl signal

[10:54] Neir (embrosine.tremor) glances to Seph, ovbvious anger and worry on her facial features. "He's yelling about them.."

[10:55] Ven (revenge.sempati) gives the slave a stern look "He is but one man, would he give up the defenses of this village to chance after someone?"

[10:56] Velleity (emma.haskell) counted down from three and pushed at her end. The body didn't move. She waited to see if the second slave's efforts would have any effect. Perhaps they should just build him into the wall. Surely he was sturdy enough. Only the worry of decay and disease kept her going. She couldn't imagine the healers basic supplies could cope with the outbreak of a terrible illness if the water supplies became contaminated.

[10:56] Neir (embrosine.tremor) flinches under the Master's look before giving a small nod of her head. "Yes Master." Said very softly before moving off.

[10:57] Sephora (destiny66): arms began to ache, used to gathering fruit but not digging in hard dirt. She understood Neirs concerns, but what could be done? The village couldn't remain defenseless. turning her eyes to hook again she giggled, "Oh.. I have a smudge... look at you..." before turning back to her tasks, defending her home consuming her thoughts.

[10:58] Minerva Morigi walks closer carefully, she hides a bit but stands on tiptoes to see something. She scratches her dishevelled hair and rubs her nose - which only accomplishes that she makes her face even dirtier

[10:59] Ven (revenge.sempati) moves the the pile of wood, frowning but taking a piece in hand and swinging the axe with quick precise strikes chips off the ends, shaping it to a point. Beads of sweat on his brow as he with methodical movements works through the pile of wooden stakes., tossing the sharpened stakes to the side.

[10:59] bucket (heidi.choral) pushed at the giant body with all her streight. Her feet were leaving long deep lines on the muddy ground . She sighs as the man was very heavy she was just a barbarian and small and she was pretty weak compare to even a gorean female . She still reme,bers the Jarl that took her the day before she was lucky he was gentle and let her go at the end . She could still feel his hand upon her and the long mane ticking her soft skin "this man is too big for us .."

[10:59] Hook (mercedes.raviprakash) moved up and around Seph to the next hole as she shrugged. "I'm not worried about the panthers.. im more concerned about the wars of Men." she glanced up towards the woods and lowered her voice as she spoke to Seph, "Kylar is known for hunting panthers.... where most men do not go and never return, he visits frequently." she shrugs slightly, "I wonder why he would do such in a time of war, or be out where he could even possibly be taken." she sighed as she slammed the shovel into the ground working on her next hole. She looked back to Seph, "so back to the fur talk! It motivates me to work harder" she smirked.

[11:01] Minerva Morigi watches the man and the group of slaves working. The sight of the fire and the destruction seems to scare her becaus she slowly back away. She keeps mumbling to herself about her bad luck as she sets off to her house

[11:02] Velleity (emma.haskell) had to concede that too. She left him for now. Let someone with more strength shift the great bulk. She stood and stretched. Her muscles ached unlike anything she had ever experienced. Her arms and shoulders burned. She went about and gathered more than fifty arrows that she had gathered from the bodies and took them to the Free Man's feet. 'I do not know where these are stored', she said. She glanced about. She could see many more, here and there. There was the axe too. She wouldn't have been able to lift that had she even tried. It weighed more than she did.

[11:03] Sephora (destiny66): stepped lightly over the blood and what was left of the dead, gritting her teeth. Pushing it from her mind, she blinked and cast her eyes back to Ven, watching the sweat glisten on his skin as he worked. A wicked grin on her lips she whispered, "I still think... " darting her eyes to Ven in a knowing way to hook, "HE would be ... " her words trailed off , blushing hotly as she hit the ground with the shovel

[11:03] bucket (heidi.choral) nods her head at velleity and drops the large feet of the men which she could barely lift anyway . She retakes the cart and moves away to get the poles for the Master

[11:05] Hook (mercedes.raviprakash) lifted her head up some before she leaned forward onto the Shovel to try and stretch. Her body ached and her back hurt. But the motivation behind the work is what kept her strong. To forge protection to those still here. She sighed softly as she did take note of all the bodies slewn about, but there was nothign that could truly be done. She continued to work on the hole almost finished with it as she saw a man approaching.

[11:06] Sephora (destiny66): rested her head on the shovel, her body aching with effor as she saw the stranger approach. "Tal Master, " she whispered softly, wiping the dirt from her face with the back of her hand.

[11:06] Ven (revenge.sempati) looks to the bounty of arrows, not even slowly the strikes of the axe against the wood "Take them to the square by the well, good a place as any." he glances up narrowing his eyes at the man that approaches, tossing the stake aside,a nd setting the axe on the ground "Greetings stranger, Dangerous times in these lands for a traveler."

[11:07] Sephora (destiny66): turning to neir she placed an arm on hers, comfortingly. "He'll return. Your Master handles those panthers like no other. " He always came back after teaching the wild ones a lesson or two.

[11:08] Lucifer Cazenove kept his head down - walking with a slow and painful limp as he brought the tattered black robe up higher around his shoulders. His gaze turned to the burning pyre for the briefest of moments before he seemed to cast his gaze downward and merely limped his way past them. He didn't answer them - even when they spoke - and there seemed to be a haunted gaze beaming out from those strange emerald eyes, as though he were merely a ghost of a battle long since past, come to guide the dead into the City of Dust. He had a cold presence, and a single silver jewel dripped down from his pierced lobe. Valleity might recognize those eyes - but there was somthing different about them, and it was not whom she might have thought it would be.

[11:08] Velleity (emma.haskell) went, with the armful of arrows and arroweads clutched in both of her hands, staggering a little, relieved that she'd had the foresight to wear sandles. Her feet would have been cut to threads. Sweat and blood still stung within her eyes. She could hardly see. She had glanced across to the stranger but not been able to clearly see his facial features. She went away with the arrows and to wash out her eyes.

[11:09] Neir (embrosine.tremor) had gone off a moment to think before coming back. Approaching Seph she moves to press into her a bit, placing her chin along the other girl's shoulder. She can't help but think of the promises that her Master made to her and Dany, no other girls on his chain, and his promise to her personally. Standing there her gaze moves to the Master, curiously watching before speaking. "Greetings Master." Said before her mind goes back to her own thoughts, especially over how her Master promised never again to ever again touch the girl tears, or chase her or anything. Not when he has her, and dany. Hearing Seph she gives a small smile before speaking. "I hope so... I passed out last night while speaking with him.. I was hurting from the raids... though he did make me a promise." She smiles, unable not to think of that promise and how much it means to her.

[11:12] Ven (revenge.sempati) studied the man for a moment, the pained limp and general attitude of the man hardly suggested hostile intentions, besides a lone man even inside the village was lesser threat to the giant hole in the walls. He watched the man pass then gathered up several of the stakes and moved towards the series of holes dug in the ground.

[11:12] Hook (mercedes.raviprakash) continued to work. She watched as the man passed. He had pulled no weapon or came charging so she did not pay much mind. Her shovel bit into the dirt and she looked up and back hearing Ven's voice before she cast her eyes back down. Tossing another gathering of dirt aside she looked over past Seph to see how many more holes still need to be dug before finishing the one that was now well formed at her feet.

[11:13] Sephora (destiny66): gripped the Neir a little more forcefully than she meant as the chill from the stranger washed over her like cold water. She cast her eyes down to the ground and reflexively took a step back ... his dark presence only adding to her fears of the day. She crept around to the other side of Neir, shovel in hand as she began to dig again. Walls were needed to keep dangerous men out and protect her home.

11:13] Velleity (emma.haskell) returned a short time later, the meagre supply of arrows having been left as instructed at the well. Her face was filthy still and streaked with dirt, blackened from the burning flames, but at least she could see now. She had poured a cup of water into each eye, flushing them out. She said the briefest of greetings to the man who had arrived, but she did not much look at him. Her attention was on the work and the wall. She couldn't imagine the slaughter that could occur if the wall was not rebuilt in time.

[11:14] Ida Chandru carried the woods in her bare arms, feeling it cutting her warm skin. Seeing so many people gathered she stopped, not really knowing if she were allowed to pass or she should go to continue her chore. Trying hard not to inhale the ugly smoke, she inhaled silently as she lowered her head even more, starting to move a bit colser to the village

[11:15] Sephora (destiny66): "Two more... I think.. " she said softly, focusing on her work and the wall needed. Keeping busy all that was keeping her mind in tact. All thoughts of furring deeply buried for the moment. j

[11:15] Neir (embrosine.tremor) blinks a bit as she glances over to Seph as she moves, shifting she limps after her to see what all she can do to help. "How can I help?" Despite her right shoulder completely bandaged up still.

[11:16] Hook (mercedes.raviprakash) looked to Seph, "Yes two more I think." her body was now covered in a mix of sweat and dirt. She arched her back stretching before she burries the shovel into the dirt again. Casually she flung some at Seph's feet. A little pay back from earlier before she started tossing it in the direction of the woods.

[11:17] Neir (embrosine.tremor) watches as the dirt goes flying by. Looking back to Seph she waits for any word.

[11:17] Sephora (destiny66): smiled at neir as she struck the shovel into the ground, deepening the whole to the desired depth. She nodded to hook, "I think we've got the holes dug but as for what's next? she shrugged her shoulders. "Master Ven would know." She felt good about the work being done, grateful for somthing, anything to do. "Heyyy!" she laughed as the dirt struck her feet from hook's shovel.

[11:19] Ven (revenge.sempati) whistles to the get the slaves attention "That should be good girls...finish what you working on and get some water." he jams a stake into one of the holes and kicking the dirt to wedge it securely before moving to the next hole and repeating the action. "AFter you girls rested a moment....think there is that cart by the big tree, wheel that up here when you have the chance, should make a good blockage if flipped over." he takes a deep breath and looking along the gap, his jaw tense knowing there was not enough to make a decent barricade.
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait
Ala
SL Name: Ala
Caste: Puddin' Pop!
Role: Bondchuk
Home Stone: His feet
Owner: da Jarl dude

Re: Chores - Not a big part of slave RP?

Postby Ala » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:19 am

I have a few thoughts...no surprises there :hiding: :lol:

I have done chore rp, way back when I started, it was even the notecarded variety that got handed into the slaver, and probably never read. BUT, one thing that was encouraged, was doing it in at least pairs, so it WAS rp. And for all the arguments against notecarding chores, for anyone new to rp, new to emoting, new to interacting with others, they had opportunity to learn.

We also did feasts, regularly, so there was chores around that as well as the serving groups of people, impromptu dance, and more learning.

It isn't everyone's idea of fun, but I enjoyed it, as did many of the others in that particular group.

I have done other chore rps, that has evolved into storylines of their own (thinking the Turmus rug saga amongst others).

BUT what i won't do, is log in day after day, to do chores endlessly, with no imput or interaction with others. In cases like that, I assume he 20 + hours a day I am NOT online are the time when the chores are done.
Capture the mind ~ all else will follow.

I am not a bitch ~ I just have a low tolerance for bullshit
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Postby Sasi » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:41 am

The RP you showed, Kaitlin, is a interaction scene, with frees and slaves rping together, and not one of these boring scenes where slaves are sent to clean some room without no more interaction than a long detailed descriptive of domestic work.... I do domestic work at home in RL, so, Im not very interested to watch the same scenes in SL-Gor.

But people in SL Gor seems to think that chores are 80% of slave's activity.... So, an interesting quote (If I played a slave, it would be probably one of my favorite quotes...):

"The Gorean master does not buy a girl with the primary objective of obtaining a domestic servant but with the intention of acquiring a marvelous slave. He wants the girl to be a wonder to him. He is quite cheerful about the sacrifice of domestic servitude in order to obtain what is far more important to him. When he returns to his compartments he does not want to find a worn chore woman there but a lovely slave, fresh, vital, eager and fully alive, kneeling before him, waiting to be commanded."
"What does the girl do in her free time?" asked Audrey.
"Much what she pleases," I said. "She will have friends among other slaves. She walks, she visits. She exercises, she reads. Within limits she does what she wants to do."

- Beasts of Gor -
Perse
SL Name: Perse

Postby Perse » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:43 am

I'm on a SL hiatus at the mo, but I'mma answer anyway.

In the very recent past, chores have played a very small part in my RP apart from "just coming from doing them". I would sometimes start a scene coming from the laundry or shopping in a market - things like that, but rarely have I sat with/on an animated item and actually done a chore whilst RPing. The lack of choring in recent times is mostly due to the fact I have no "home SIM". We travel these days. Because of that, I rarely find myself doing traditional chores. When there was a concrete home, a SIM my charrie lived in and played in regularly, I did much more of the pulling out of props.

I really do enjoy chores and the interaction they foster - especially between slave players. Whether that be sweeping, shopping, cooking, gardening, teaching a girl how to bathe a man, whatever, it's all a springboard to get RP rolling. Some of my favorite moments in RP revolve around my character doing chores or being tasked in both conventional and unconventional ways.

The conversations Shai (Arwyn) and I have had while my character is teaching her something or we're shopping together - a treasure trove of wonderful memories. The task Ari, Edda and I had of putting on a circus - one of the funnest storylines I've played. Even if it was short-lived and we never got to play-out the performance. If I could revive any storyline it'd be that one.

From the mundane and traditional to the novel and unique - I love dem chores/tasks. I don't even mind notecarding them if it's going to be read and responded to.

P.S. Nice log. That Minerva Morigi chick is one sexy bitch.
Aphris
SL Name: Aphris Myoo
Role: Yearkeeper & Trader
Home Stone: Kataii

Postby Aphris » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:54 am

I do lots of chore role play with slaves.
Yesterday for instance a kajira asked me to wash my clothes and i role played with her by watching her doing my cloths well and not damaging them. Doing chores together is fun for 2
She smiled. "I have grown fond of the smell of bosk," said she. Kamchak smiled. He held his hand to the girl. "Ride with me, Aphris of Turia," said Kamchak of the Tuchuks. Image
Username

Postby Username » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:49 am

I think the whole chore thing might spring from some idea that because your pixeldude now owns this pixelslave, he constantly has to use her for something. If you think you constantly have to provide filler content for someone, just how long are you really going to be able to keep it interesting? Not long. And then, enter The Chorosphere.

I used to do that, at least, because I thought it was what I was supposed to do. You know, constantly have a slavegirl in tow like I was walking my dog, making her part of everything I did because we were ArPEe ParDnaZ. Glad I grew out of that.

I like Sasi's quote, especially this part:

When he returns to his compartments

A fella doesn't have to make use of his slave constantly. Want to go out drinking with your buddies? Well, then what the fuck do you care what she does in the meantime? Just go with this...

"What does the girl do in her free time?" asked Audrey.
"Much what she pleases," I said. "She will have friends among other slaves. She walks, she visits. She exercises, she reads. Within limits she does what she wants to do."

...and exit The Chorosphere.
Bara Mayako
SL Name: Bara Mayako

Postby Bara Mayako » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:07 am

Just walk around on the sims where they have animated slave chores, such as harvesting, milking the bosk, etc., etc., How many of them have two or more poseballs, where you can do those chores and still be in realistic chatrange of another slave, not having to shout to someone 20 m away?

When I played a slave, I looked for opportunities to RP with other slaves; some did, others just wanted to sit and talk. Mistresses sometimes would talk with me while I was working, and so most of the time that usually deteriorated into chat, rather than RP (I wasn't a strong enough RP'er at the time to drive it so it stayed on-track). As a panther, I disliked slaves and have little but disdain for them, usually letting them do nasty chores which I enjoyed watching (sadistic glee??). As a FW without a homestone, I usually use slaves as guides to find my way around a town, and learn about the town and its people.
Caria
SL Name: Passion
Role: slave
Owner: Drenusius I Bernard
AkA: Passion Quintessa

Postby Caria » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:28 am

I try and do a mix of the two - what I want to do (city rp) and chores rp. Keep it interesting, being on task to the blacksmith or bakery, stopping along the way to chat with slaves or Free.

I am totally free to do as I like in that regards and as it should be.

When a slave or Free is in training, then I see the value of some sort or learning, note carding lessons.

I have done the notecard chores when I first started rping Gor.

It was as Ala said -
Ala wrote:I have done chore rp, way back when I started, it was even the notecarded variety that got handed into the slaver, and probably never read. BUT, one thing that was encouraged, was doing it in at least pairs, so it WAS rp. And for all the arguments against notecarding chores, for anyone new to rp, new to emoting, new to interacting with others, they had opportunity to learn.

I find chores a part of slave rp, but not HUGE part. Daily life rp and that depends I suppose on ones city, town, village... what that entails. If you were in the Barrens and there is a hunt on, getting food for winter, then your daily life will be skinning, butchering, tanning while in Ar, a slave of a Magistrate may have much free time if she is not expected to help him in his work but expected in some other capacity.

I use chores to help start a rp, a tool to foster interaction. Outside of training, I think ooc notecarding is not that interesting.
passion may encourage them to put their principles in the cabinet of tomorrow...
(Swordsmen of Gor)
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Postby Kaitlin » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:51 am

Sasi wrote:The RP you showed, Kaitlin, is a interaction scene, with frees and slaves rping together, and not one of these boring scenes where slaves are sent to clean some room without no more interaction than a long detailed descriptive of domestic work.... I do domestic work at home in RL, so, Im not very interested to watch the same scenes in SL-Gor.

Chores have been as much as 50% of my RP in the past but it depends on the character since there was a big difference between being a high slave and the slave of the tavern master. I won't say those types of "boring" scenes don't happen but I have never had one of those scenes as a slave player. Likely if I was sent off to do a task I would get some help from another slave player or simply return after a time to indicate it was completed. Perhaps it is your experiences that have colored your view of this subject and this type of RP.

For me chores have never meant alone or boring. The most mundane task can be hilarious with the right players. I would say that 90% of the chores I have done have been a scene similar to what I posted in the OP. They were interactive and as Perse and Caria indicated a great kickstart to RP. They also gave my slave character a purpose for being in some scenes rather than just kneeling over my owners boot like a statue or lounging in his lap although there are plenty of those times as well.

As far as the quote I suppose I would prefer the following:

They were now routine, appropriate tasks for her. It is pleasant to watch a woman attending to such homely, humble, domestic tasks, to such housework, or household chores, so to speak, particularly if she is naked, and collared. (Players of Gor)

or perhaps this one which talks of both social interaction and day to day tasks.

It is not unusual to see them together, for example, laundering at the stream side or long basins, or sitting about in a circle, mending and sewing, or polishing silver. Sometimes they arrange their errands so that they may accompany one another. Sometimes, too, in the abundance of free time enjoyed by most urban slaves, they simply wander about, seeing the city, chatting, exchanging gossip, and such. (Magicians of Gor)

Perse wrote:I really do enjoy chores and the interaction they foster - especially between slave players. Whether that be sweeping, shopping, cooking, gardening, teaching a girl how to bathe a man, whatever, it's all a springboard to get RP rolling. Some of my favorite moments in RP revolve around my character doing chores or being tasked in both conventional and unconventional ways.

The conversations Shai (Arwyn) and I have had while my character is teaching her something or we're shopping together - a treasure trove of wonderful memories. The task Ari, Edda and I had of putting on a circus - one of the funnest storylines I've played. Even if it was short-lived and we never got to play-out the performance. If I could revive any storyline it'd be that one.

From the mundane and traditional to the novel and unique - I love dem chores/tasks. I don't even mind notecarding them if it's going to be read and responded to.

P.S. Nice log. That Minerva Morigi chick is one sexy bitch.

:yeahthat:
This is what I think of when I talk about chores and why I started this thread. I was genuinely baffled because every time chore is mentioned two things instantly crop up - notecards and "alone".
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait
Bara Mayako
SL Name: Bara Mayako

Postby Bara Mayako » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:24 am

This happened to a friend of mine about 2 months ago in an unnamed sim. The sim, for the record, has nothing in the rules about notecarding chores:

She logged on and her master, the sim slaver, IM'd her and told her they were all in a new castle that had been put on the sim. So she went over there, greeted the free and knelt (she was the only slave player present). Listening to the chat, she soon realised that everyone was in an OOC discussion on what to do with the castle, did it belong on the sim, etc., etc. So she stood up and joined the conversation. Her master made her kneel, and she released herself again, IM'ing him that this was an OOC discussion so she didn't feel obliged to. Her master grabbed the leash on her collar, dragged her to the kennel, and ordered her to clean the kennel from top to bottom, sending him a notecard of at least so many lines and so many posts. She said no, she didn't do notecard chores, and he had no right to try to punish her for OOC actions. He told her notecarding chores was part of being a Gorean slave, that if she didn't like it, she didn't belong in Gor, and she could leave. She IM'd the sim admin and he said it was an OOC matter between her and her master, and did not want to get involved. I would provide an anonymised logfile of her conversation with the master, to prove this happened, but it's all in Dutch since she and her master were Dutch.

This player has left Gor because of this and similar experiences.

Now, the question is ... are the quotes you provide from the books about slaves happily doing chores together, or what happened to this player, more typical for what slaves experience in SL Gor these days?

Return to “Slaves”