The Angst of the Unowned Slave

Discussions related to Kajira, Kajirus, Bonds and Thralls.

How much RP does the unowned slave get

Plenty to include sexual RP
17%
Plenty to include sexual RP
17%
Sporadic to include sexual RP
10%
Sporadic to include sexual RP
10%
Primarily Serving Drinks & Food or slave to slave RP
15%
Primarily Serving Drinks & Food or slave to slave RP
15%
Negligible/None
8%
Negligible/None
8%

Total votes: 48
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Re: The Angst of the Unowned Slave

Postby Kaitlin » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:01 pm

Targy wrote:I'm not really seeing what the problem is with that.

I was about to say that as well since private slaves would be restricted or belted
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait
Username

Postby Username » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:07 pm

Even if that were not the case, these guys who love to restrict into oblivion, and the girls who love to be so... In my experience, they are just generally not here for the same reasons as I am. And thats fine, because I can ignore them, and what they do in no way detracts from my enjoyment. I'll just leave them be to do their thing. I don't care if its unmanly, unslavey, ungorean, not BTB, silly, whatever. It has absolutely no effect on my pretendy funtime that I cannot go on a sexual rampage boning every slave in the SIM.

But then, granted, I am not really interested in having a cohesive Gorean world in SL, where every place has the same standard and RP culture. My opinion is no doubt very coloured by this.
Ala
SL Name: Ala
Caste: Puddin' Pop!
Role: Bondchuk
Home Stone: His feet
Owner: da Jarl dude

Postby Ala » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:19 pm

Atheas Zenovka wrote:From my viewpoint the whole situation has become quite hilarious when it comes to sex in SL Gor. Most owned slaves run around with restrictions, most city slaves are belted (I've even seen this in taverns in my journeys). It seems the ones getting the most loving regular is the Freewomen.

And from the opposite is the Fellow who owns and has restricted slaves but yet goes after every slave or Freewoman for that matter to take for a little hein and shein.

So everytime I see the mention of sex on sl Gor I just laugh my ass off about it.............:)

*waves*

Ok just because it is easy to say that all belted slaves suck especially those in taverns, I will make a comment here. (apart from the obvious ...of course we suck, we can't do anything else! :P )

But seriously. The storyline I am playing out at the moment on Ala, has her owner on a journey, so he left her with a "friend". Friend knew Ala, and her skills, so promply rented her to the local tavern (esp as he had just been robbed and part of the negotiation included not only income but a free meal a day). Owner had no idea of this happening, but in his wisdom he figured, his beast probably needed reminding of who owned her...so he sent a gift...an iron belt.

Now not surprisingly Ala is NOT happy, the "friend" isn't too preturbed, he at least has work now, so in rp, she is exceedingly frustrated, and avoiding the tavern owner like the plague, :hiding: absolutely convinced he will toss her out on her ass. She isn't stupid and knows a belted slave in a tavern is really not good a thing for business! So she is finding other things to keep herself busy, spending more time in the kitchen, running as many errands as she can.

So while it is very easy to say there is an over abundance of this or that within the genre...within any genre. Sometimes there are genuine reasons something might be happening. And yes if Ala's owner decides to keep her belted, then you can be sure, her future as a tavern slave is limited. As her typist, if it is going to become a perminant or long term thing, I will work in getting her status changed...to official pie tester of gor :drool: ;)
Capture the mind ~ all else will follow.

I am not a bitch ~ I just have a low tolerance for bullshit
Caranda
SL Name: Caranda Schreiner
Role: slave
Owner: Brigette Wade

Postby Caranda » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:13 pm

Restriction of slaves to his or her owner was the norm in the books. Save for slaves deliberately put out for free use (usually as a punishment) the only slaves that were generally available to the public were those you had to pay for e.g. paga girls, brothel girls, coin girls etc. That didn't stop unscrupulous Gorean men from raping slaves without the owner's permission but that's what the iron belts are for.

I'm a little unsure what the OP means by "unowned slave" which in BTB Gorean terms is an impossibility. If she means slaves without a personal owner then that's a very different issue to those "slaves" who roam about dressing and acting like slaves but who really are free women pretending to be slaves because they have no owner.

Talking about the latter: I always thought that if you wanted to be enslaved then the best way to go about it was to adopt a proper free woman or panthergirl role and get some Master (or Mistress if that's your thing) interested in you. In my experience many people find the idea of enslaving a free woman or panthergirl and "taming" her more challenging and interesting than simply collaring a girl who is already acting like a slave and is practically begging to be collared. It's also far better Gorean RP.
It is regarded as right to enslave a natural slave
Aphris
SL Name: Aphris Myoo
Role: Yearkeeper & Trader
Home Stone: Kataii

Postby Aphris » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:17 pm

Atheas Zenovka wrote:And from the opposite is the Fellow who owns and has restricted slaves but yet goes after every slave or Freewoman for that matter to take for a little hein and shein.

Thats my observation too, the regular visitors of my tavern, all had several restricted slaves in their profiles. And they constantly sought new girls. Its the type which collars-uses a girl and then looses attention.
She smiled. "I have grown fond of the smell of bosk," said she. Kamchak smiled. He held his hand to the girl. "Ride with me, Aphris of Turia," said Kamchak of the Tuchuks. Image
Aphris
SL Name: Aphris Myoo
Role: Yearkeeper & Trader
Home Stone: Kataii

Postby Aphris » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:28 pm

I often see restricted, even belted slaves, doing very sexual serves or extreme flirting. Even to strangers. In my opinion they are heating a man up, but can not give him what he wants. It seems that many such girls are trained that they must play horny at every situation. Lately a restricted girl was reprimanded IC by an outrider "stop acting that way, do you want to draw attention of men, who then rape you against the will of your master!".
She smiled. "I have grown fond of the smell of bosk," said she. Kamchak smiled. He held his hand to the girl. "Ride with me, Aphris of Turia," said Kamchak of the Tuchuks. Image
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Postby Sasi » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:41 pm

Caranda wrote:
Talking about the latter: I always thought that if you wanted to be enslaved then the best way to go about it was to adopt a proper free woman or panthergirl role and get some Master (or Mistress if that's your thing) interested in you. In my experience many people find the idea of enslaving a free woman or panthergirl and "taming" her more challenging and interesting than simply collaring a girl who is already acting like a slave and is practically begging to be collared. It's also far better Gorean RP.

There is no challenge in enslaving a panther or free woman who anyway, use this role as an opportunity to get a collar... And men who place pride in this and claim that their slave was a panther or a free woman, when obviously, this one anyway, was not especially comfortable with a FW role and did her best for getting enslaved, make me smile... Because what, she will fight gently her collar one week, 10 days, for the fun of being punished, then, after, she will become a perfect devoted slave? What a challenge, indeed :D

There is a challenge with a panther or FW, enjoying her role, experienced in it, sincerely determined to remain free...
Thyri
SL Name: Thyri Carver
Caste: Scribe
Role: Free Woman

Postby Thyri » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:27 am

I think it all depends on how dynamic you are as a RPer about dropping the RP hooks to people. If you're comfortable doing more than "Paga master? Fuckee suckee 5 coppa master?" you'll do fine as a "kennel girl" or slaver house stock.

My primary RP partner now is a slaver, and I make it a point to bring the other girls in to RP. Some only want to RP with a man, and that's fine. Me, I rather enjoy RPing with both genders and I really dont care as long as the RP is decent.

I think if kennel RP was more than the "old yeller" style of just toss people who want to RP slaves but dont have a personal owner yet... and the slavers were actively trying to sell the slaves, I think the kennels would be more interesting places.

I've also been working (yes as a FW) with pushing some of the RP towards the tavern for the paga girls. To make the paga den a more bustling MALE place rather than sitting around drinking tea talking about how gorean you are.

When thyri was owned I had a lot of incidents where she'd be alone for extended periods of time. Did this halt my RP? Certainly not, I still went out there and found RP to get into. So if you're a proactive RPer, I think the unowned slave will do well, and wont be unowned long. However if the extent of their RP is "Paga master? Fuckee fuckee master? Who are you Mistress?" then you'll prolly wind up being old yeller and going on the long walk out back.
Be very polite. -Flagg RIP 2009
Sempati
SL Name: Revenge Sempati
Caste: Warrior
Role: Dirty old man
Home Stone: Old Cardonicus

Postby Sempati » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:19 pm

Historically I have played Ven as ignoring the antics of most slaves, they are most of the time beneath his notice the occasional bauble to please his sense when he has time for them. He is old, arrogant, and has been high officer in many places so taking his time to coddle and appease a wandering slave is just not going to happen. Now bear in mind that is IC behaviour, OOC I understand the frustrations of the "ignored" unowned girls that do not have a dedicated owner to play with all the time however a bit of devils advocate....many of the slave players do very little to attract or set themselves apart from the hordes of boot flowers that exist. I think many are afraid because at some point they either tried to be different or pro-active and got shit kicked for it, or newer girls that just do not know any different way.

Currently, with Ven being too old and slow to fight well, he has started training girls in a certain outlaw village. Frankly been some of the most fun and rewarding RP I have done on the old guy in some time, apart from a few personal stories that are ongoing. There is a lot that can be done with a slave that is not sexual or drink service, hell much of my RP over this last weekend was simply talking to various slave ~gasps~ and learning about them. Now I am sure most girls, not all, want to have that personal owner but when men are outnumbered 5 to 1 it is not going to happen. So in the meantime Ven instead of ignoring these milling kajira now interacts with them as part of his job and is actually enjoying himself.
“I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.”
“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
Bruce Lee
Arwyn Quandry
SL Name: Arwyn Quandry
Role: Slave
Home Stone: Imperial Ar
Owner: Darby Dollinger

Postby Arwyn Quandry » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:33 pm

I usually play my Master as an NPC because we don't see each other online much due to timezone differences. I let him know what he's been doing in my world if something major happens, but other than that I usually play him as being in a meeting somewhere in the city and having sent me away to keep from bothering him while he works - I just RP returning every once in a while to check on him or deliver food. I do plenty of RP in the meantime, mostly helping others in the city. I've bathed people, served drinks, performed sexual services, helped someone building a cage, assisted merchants and makers of every kind... It allows me a lot of freedom without being tied down to one place or scenario and gives me good reason to be wandering the streets.

Return to “Slaves”