Defend my owners property

Discussions related to Kajira, Kajirus, Bonds and Thralls.

Whats the natural reaction of a slave during a raid

Poll ended at Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:16 am

Attack the raiders even before they attack us
No votes
Attack the raiders even before they attack us
No votes
Defend the community she lives in
1%
Defend the community she lives in
1%
Defend her Master's property when cornered
3%
Defend her Master's property when cornered
3%
Submit when cornered
15%
Submit when cornered
15%
Hide in the kennels
22%
Hide in the kennels
22%
Freeze and piss in her silks
No votes
Freeze and piss in her silks
No votes
Panic and run around like a headless chicken
3%
Panic and run around like a headless chicken
3%
Run to the handsome raiders and submit
No votes
Run to the handsome raiders and submit
No votes
Flee and be free
6%
Flee and be free
6%

Total votes: 68
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Re: Defend my owners property

Postby Kaitlin » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:42 am

Willow wrote:In the books, I guess she'd be safest if she just knelt there in the submit position, or whatever, to be claimed by her new owner.

You always surprise me :clap:

Garrgon wrote:Kait: Funny cause I had the same thing, a slave attacking a FM with rocks when he was punishing his girl. When we prepared to kill her, another free intervened reprimanding us for "treating the poor girl so poorly". It's not just the slaves lol

I feel better. I was just blown away by the reactions that we would dare kill a slave and yes they were all Free. :facepalm:
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait
Ice Bradley
SL Name: Bain Menna
Caste: Red Caste
Role: Warrior
Home Stone: Tarnwald
Owner: Real life
AkA: Ice Bradley

Postby Ice Bradley » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:57 am

Garrgon wrote:I chose "hide" and "flee".

Kait: Funny cause I had the same thing, a slave attacking a FM with rocks when he was punishing his girl. When we prepared to kill her, another free intervened reprimanding us for "treating the poor girl so poorly". It's not just the slaves lol

Lol

Should have slapped a collar around his neck also.
there's those thinking more or less less is more
but if less is more how you're keeping score?
Means for every point you make
your level drops
kinda like its starting from the top
you can't do that...
Mat
SL Name: Mat
Caste: Warrior
Role: Defender of Freedom

Postby Mat » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:12 am

I say fight, there were multiple examples of it in the books. I think it would be natural for them to attempt to fight, although from the books I would not expect them to be all that successful in doing so.

I think it is also an indication of the strength of the men of the city, I can not imagine them liking or even condoning them fighting with very few exceptions. To see a slave fighting to me is an indication that the free do not really have all that much control in their city.
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:30 am

If you let them fight then one of the discrepancies is the fact that the roles are not correctly represented in SL.

A slave being able to take down 2 kurii, means the meter makes the slave too strong and those 2 kurii shouldn't play the role if they are not good enough at combat...
Mat
SL Name: Mat
Caste: Warrior
Role: Defender of Freedom

Postby Mat » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:39 am

Anarch12911 wrote:If you let them fight then one of the discrepancies is the fact that the roles are not correctly represented in SL.

A slave being able to take down 2 kurii, means the meter makes the slave too strong and those 2 kurii shouldn't play the role if they are not good enough at combat...

That is a failure of the meter though, and IMO imposing non gorean constructs to accommodate the world we play in. If you have mature role players you can account for the meter, but if you have a must win mentality on your sim than yes I agree do not allow them to fight.
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him
serene mistwood
SL Name: Izzy
Role: Social Gadfly
AkA: Isobel Mynx

Postby serene mistwood » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:43 am

I am my owners property! I am going to save myself first and foremost! I picked :

1 - Hide in the kennels
2 - Flee and be Free (if raiders enter)
3 - Submit when cornered

Exactly in that order. No chance in hell I am going to fight a Free or defend anything except myself - and I dont need weapons to do that - my smile, sparkling wit and techniques of seduction (read: grovelling, foot kissing, crying and begging for my life) are far more useful to me when captured. :egrin:
"She still had all of her marbles, though every one of them was a bit odd and rolled asymmetrically." Firebirds Rising.
Allison Millet
SL Name: Allison Millet
Role: bondmaid
Home Stone: Kalana Woods
Owner: Jarl Wolf

Postby Allison Millet » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:43 am

Echo wrote:Attacking the attackers? Umm, I have always been the unarmed one till someone tied a bag of rocks to my thigh. Then warned me I would be killed if I used them. . . . :hrm:.

Dont look at me like that you did say you were bored and wanted to help out more >_> <_<
Hockey Stick!
Vylixan
SL Name: Massah Dude
Owner: I own.

Postby Vylixan » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:58 am

I would say . run and hide , then run and flee and when cornered , submit and pray you are not killed.
JackoS
SL Name: Jacko Stawberry

Postby JackoS » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:52 am

I chose hide in the kennels or eventually would say flee and run... but, lets see this logically. Lets say a slave's owner is being attacked (wether the entire city is being raided or just a small attack one on one doesn't matter) and hence he is in danger. What would the slave do? two main options: help his/her owner, or stay away from the fight (choose anything from just curling in the corner to run as fast as hell).

If the slave chooses to join the fight helping his/her owner, if the owner wins, well the slave might be rewarded, or punished for daring to touch a weapon or attack another free... up to the owner. If the owner looses, best case scenario is the slave is punished by the winner in a cruel way, or gets killed.

If on the other hand, the slave remains out of the fight, if the owner wins, the slave collar is unchanged. If the attacker wins, well to the victor goes the spoils and there is just a change of collar. So, considering the risks, and the odds, what would a slave do? Simple, if it is smart enough, to stay out of the fight and let the free solve the issue. And then go and serve paga to the survivors.
Aphris
SL Name: Aphris Myoo
Role: Yearkeeper & Trader
Home Stone: Kataii

Postby Aphris » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:34 pm

Kaitlin wrote:
Garrgon wrote:Kait: Funny cause I had the same thing, a slave attacking a FM with rocks when he was punishing his girl. When we prepared to kill her, another free intervened reprimanding us for "treating the poor girl so poorly". It's not just the slaves lol

I feel better. I was just blown away by the reactions that we would dare kill a slave and yes they were all Free. :facepalm:

I pulled a slave's hair (she disobeyed an order) and her master threatened to collar me OOC for abusing his slave. I answered that only men could collar a woman. :mrgreen:
She smiled. "I have grown fond of the smell of bosk," said she. Kamchak smiled. He held his hand to the girl. "Ride with me, Aphris of Turia," said Kamchak of the Tuchuks. Image

Return to “Slaves”