Appearance Modification: Who pays?

Discussions related to Kajira, Kajirus, Bonds and Thralls.

Who pays for the avatar modifications?

The slaver
21%
The slaver
21%
The slave
10%
The slave
10%
Both
13%
Both
13%
Other
5%
Other
5%

Total votes: 98
Caranda
SL Name: Caranda Schreiner
Role: slave
Owner: Brigette Wade

Re: Appearance Modification: Who pays?

Postby Caranda » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:11 am

Firstly I wouldn't agree with changes that aren't realistic. So while you can starve me, feed me up or cut/tint my hair I'm not going to get taller, shorter or have much bigger or smaller boobs. Similarly there is only so much you can do about my skin tone, freckles etc.

Generally speaking when it comes to particular items that someone wants me to acquire for an RP if the item is non-transferable then I prefer to pay for it myself because I don't like feeling indebted in L$ to someone. If it's transferable I will give it back to them when the RP is over. I've never been requested to get something that was so expensive it became an issue.
It is regarded as right to enslave a natural slave
Izzy
SL Name: Izzy
Role: kajira

Postby Izzy » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:30 am

I've never been asked to change my shape/skin on my avatar, but I have been asked to wear certain outfits or clothes - and I've never felt indebted to anyone for giving me $L or gifting me something THEY want me to wear. And never will ;)
"The essence of independence has been to think and act according to standards from within, not without."
— Aleister Crowley
Thyri
SL Name: Thyri Carver
Caste: Scribe
Role: Free Woman

Postby Thyri » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:07 am

Oh I've felt the guilt before when someone spent a good amount of L on me in the past. Not necessarily indebted but more like... yeowch, thats a lot of money for (insert item of value here). And stubborn as I am i'll TRY to talk them out of it. Mainly because I dont like people spending a lot of money on me (even a lot of virtual money).

5k which would be the cost for a "premium" avatar (skin, premade shape, AO, 3 premium hairs, 3 premium slave outfits) is about 20 bucks US. To me that's a fair chunk of change. To someone else, maybe not.
Be very polite. -Flagg RIP 2009
Caitlyn
SL Name: Viciously Llewellyn
Role: Slave

Postby Caitlyn » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:38 am

I'm from Texas. Girls never pay for anything. ;)
Thirty Loop Animations
Victor.
SL Name: Victor Klavinham
Role: Mister Internet
Home Stone: SalernuM
Owner: V for VESSEL

Postby Victor. » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:43 am

Haven't read the other replies but mine is short so it can be squeezed in I guess:

If you want changes made to another avatar - you pay for it. Full stop
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:39 pm

Hawt Sommer wrote:If a slaver is insisting on Avatar appearance changes in RP.

Then RP them.

If the Slaver is asking them OOC'ly

Tell him to fuck off, in a nice slave like way. ;)

If you want changes, you pay for them.
If he want's changes and you are cool with the idea of changing, he/she pays for them if they want to see it in the RP environment.

I am with this one. Or to put it in another way:

The responsibility of any visual representation of IC events lies with the RP-er. If another player wants you to visually represent something and you don't want to: don't. Just RP it. If you don't mind but you don't want or can't afford to spend lindens on it, it would be up to them. If they offer, it is up to you to accept or not.
~pancake~
SL Name: Linnet, Linx,
Role: OOC
AkA: Pinkie Pie

Postby ~pancake~ » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:46 pm

Willow wrote:It comes down to how willing a slave you're going to be, and how much you love masterkins, and so on.

So, if I capture a man and RP shaving his head, and he removes his prim hair after the RP or gets a degradation stripe hair style, this means he lurves me and wants to be my boytoy? :eh:
Frevet

Postby Frevet » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:57 pm

Victor. wrote:Haven't read the other replies but mine is short so it can be squeezed in I guess:

If you want changes made to another avatar - you pay for it. Full stop

This.
Mynerva
SL Name: *****

Postby Mynerva » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:48 pm

~pancake~ wrote:
Willow wrote:It comes down to how willing a slave you're going to be, and how much you love masterkins, and so on.

So, if I capture a man and RP shaving his head, and he removes his prim hair after the RP or gets a degradation stripe hair style, this means he lurves me and wants to be my boytoy? :eh:

Yes! ;)

I think I will play a panther again some time....now that you brought that up.

Willow, it has nothing to dow with being a willing slave or whatever you like to go on about and make snarky remarks about....it has everything to do with two role players deciding how they prefer to do such things. Why the snarky remarks about stuff like that?
Freiheit ist immer Freiheit der Andersdenkenden.
Rosa Luxemburg
Apple
SL Name: Madison Arctor
Role: Gorean Feminist

Postby Apple » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:30 pm

I've never actually been in a role play situation where my avatar's physical appearance was drastically altered. I have been in situations where someone I role played with purchased something that they wanted my avatar to wear, and I never really had a problem with that. I never felt guilty about receiving gifts in RL. I don't see why the fairly cheap SL gifts would be any different. Nice gestures and all. Even a 5000l skin is chump change, if you think about it.

But I guess if I ever was in a situation where someone wanted to transform my avatar's appearance IC, it would really hinge on a few factors. Like, whether or not I wanted the thing they wanted me to get. If it was something I would have gotten for myself anyway because I liked it, I'd probably pay for it. If it was something they insisted on me getting, but I could take it or leave it, then they'd either have to settle for me role playing the change or them paying for it.

As for the transferable/non transferable, who owns the items distinction...I still see it like how people in RL see gifts. If someone gives you a necklace for your birthday in the real world, you are not obligated to return it to them a few months later when you get in a fight. If someone loans you a necklace, that's different, but the terms have to be set out ahead of time. And if the item happens to be non-transferable but they insist on getting it, then they clearly cannot intend to get it back. It becomes a gift in my book.

Return to “Slaves”