Appearance Modification: Who pays?

Discussions related to Kajira, Kajirus, Bonds and Thralls.

Who pays for the avatar modifications?

The slaver
21%
The slaver
21%
The slave
10%
The slave
10%
Both
13%
Both
13%
Other
5%
Other
5%

Total votes: 98
Vylixan
SL Name: Massah Dude
Owner: I own.

Re: Appearance Modification: Who pays?

Postby Vylixan » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:48 pm

Thyri wrote:I have to say, he's gonna be the one footing the bill. I agree with Dove that even if something is RPed, then the complete overhaul of this person's SL avatar is an OOC thing. If they RP that the individual has a hair color change, RP it. Weight gain or loss? RP it. But when it comes to a new skin, shape, hair, etc etc etc et al... his butt wants the changes? His butt pays.

hmmmm... :P
Thyri
SL Name: Thyri Carver
Caste: Scribe
Role: Free Woman

Postby Thyri » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:52 pm

Dont... even.... think about it.
Be very polite. -Flagg RIP 2009
Thyri
SL Name: Thyri Carver
Caste: Scribe
Role: Free Woman

Postby Thyri » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:01 pm

Josef of Ar wrote:I have very specific requirements for the appearance of slaves in my house and these are requirements that I am mostly unwilling to waver on in any way, shape or form. This is clearly explained to each girl that I speak with about being a prospective part of my house.

Will I pay for it? Absolutely not. I make my expectations clear from the word go and if you're not willing to meet my expectations then we're not going to role-playing together on that level. This would be no different that my expecting Melisande to pay for my attire because she as a sim owner in conjunction with her moderation team has put forth a certain standard of appearance to be maintained in Imperial Ar.

I DO agree with this however, that if the person APPROACHES you then yes, you have the right to say "nope, dont like your avatar's appearance, dont wanna RP with you". That's acceptable and completely believable. However, if through the course of RP you find yourself in a kennel, say a city kennel or in a slaver's house. Different story. Obviously they picked up the slave because they felt they were marketable pretty much as is. perhaps with minor changes.

BUT this is a big butt here...... NO BOOB JOBS ON GOR. I'll repeat that. There are NO BREAST IMPLANTS ON GOR. Through weight gain and perhaps exercise, maybe you can increase the bust slightly. But if you've got an A cup, and a slaver wants a DD... you're out of luck pal. Nature just dont work that way. And frankly I think a gorean man would be shocked and appalled if his hands ever got onto fake tits,
Be very polite. -Flagg RIP 2009
Josef of Ar
SL Name: Josef Xaris
Caste: Merchant Caste
Role: Slaver
Home Stone: Glorious Ar
Owner: Logic. It works bitches.

Postby Josef of Ar » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:05 pm

FeorieFrimon wrote:My avatar, I pay for it. Thats what I think, at least, so long as we're not talking about brand specifics.

I mean, 'I want you to have dark skin' isn't the same thing as 'I want you to buy this specific skin..oh, and by the way, it's $5,000L.'.

Exactly. Not only that when girls do agree to appearance changes to be part of my house we take them all over SL trying to find them the best deals on the things they need or even things they feel like they need.
Gor Evolved Lifestyler
Perseverance does not equal worthiness --Dr. Gregory House
http://mercatorviscus.blogspot.com/

Postby ... » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:14 pm

Josef of Ar wrote:
FeorieFrimon wrote:My avatar, I pay for it. Thats what I think, at least, so long as we're not talking about brand specifics.

I mean, 'I want you to have dark skin' isn't the same thing as 'I want you to buy this specific skin..oh, and by the way, it's $5,000L.'.

Exactly. Not only that when girls do agree to appearance changes to be part of my house we take them all over SL trying to find them the best deals on the things they need or even things they feel like they need.

THAT'S MY FAVOURITE PART!!! :shock:

That and the epic RP.

Edit - Tomorrow: Tiara shopping!
Bree
SL Name: Bree Quingly
Role: Annoyance

Postby Bree » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:17 pm

Oor wrote:
Josef of Ar wrote:

THAT'S MY FAVOURITE PART!!! :shock:

That and the epic RP.

Edit - Tomorrow: Tiara shopping!

/me perks up hearing the S word spoken
"Everything is true. God's an Astronaut. Oz is Over the Rainbow, and Midian is where the monsters live." - Peloquin
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Postby Kaitlin » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:26 pm

I think Dove nailed it.
The slave chooses the RP OOCly...at this point its on the slave. Its no different than making sure you have all the necessary poses when you decide to role-play as a kajira. If you are uncomfortable with the lindens being spent then they should RP it rather than adding the visuals. If that does not work then the deal is off OOCly.
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait
Aseptimus
SL Name: Dmitri Ruby
Caste: Builder
Role: Tinker
Home Stone: The Source
Owner: Time

Postby Aseptimus » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:27 pm

Aashe wrote:A slaver and his new property get involved in an ongoing roleplay storyline, where the slaver takes dramatic steps to transform her appearance.

This process includes:
-Cutting and re-styling her hair
-Having her gain weight and develop more muscular features
-Tanning her skin substantially
-Applying a custom brand to her thigh

All these actions will require purchase of new avatar items: hairstyles, a new skin, and possible modifications to her shape (let's pretend that it requires purchase of a shape), tattoos, clothing, etc. All these actions are done in-character through detailed roleplay and all the consequences of this roleplay are accepted.

The question- who foots the bill for purchasing these avatar modifications?

Slaves don't have money ICly, they don't have property at all. The slaver pays. OOC, if it's the slaver's desire to transform the RP, the slaver pays.
Respect Your Privacy. Turn off Facebook: https://ssl.facebook.com/help/contact.p ... te_account
“Art is vice. You don't marry it legitimately, you rape it.”
- Edgar Degas
Josef of Ar
SL Name: Josef Xaris
Caste: Merchant Caste
Role: Slaver
Home Stone: Glorious Ar
Owner: Logic. It works bitches.

Postby Josef of Ar » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:30 pm

Kaitlin wrote:I think Dove nailed it.
The slave chooses the RP OOCly...at this point its on the slave. Its no different than making sure you have all the necessary poses when you decide to role-play as a kajira. If you are uncomfortable with the lindens being spent then they should RP it rather than adding the visuals. If that does not work then the deal is off OOCly.

I think only to a certain degree. Thyri had a good point wherein my examples where going to the owner or the sim and requesting to be a part of that interaction. It's a different matter if somewhere along the way the owner decides that the slave needs to make appearance modifications that weren't initially agreed upon.

Also, no tiaras, no crowns and no damn hats.
Gor Evolved Lifestyler
Perseverance does not equal worthiness --Dr. Gregory House
http://mercatorviscus.blogspot.com/

Postby ... » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:32 pm

Josef of Ar wrote:Also, no tiaras, no crowns and no damn hats.

You are a devil, and you are mean.

But I like you.

Return to “Slaves”