Slaves: Why did you choose the slave role?

Discussions related to Kajira, Kajirus, Bonds and Thralls.

Why did you choose the slave role? (Pick one you feel the strongest about)

I'm a RL submissive and it allows me to play out my needs.
14%
I'm a RL submissive and it allows me to play out my needs.
14%
It's all about role-play and/or I don't play a slave all the time.
20%
It's all about role-play and/or I don't play a slave all the time.
20%
I like meeting people and chatting in IMs. Roleplay is just icing on the cake.
No votes
I like meeting people and chatting in IMs. Roleplay is just icing on the cake.
No votes
I'm looking for someone who will play the part of my master/ or a RL Master
No votes
I'm looking for someone who will play the part of my master/ or a RL Master
No votes
I chose to be a slave for another reason: See my Post below.
16%
I chose to be a slave for another reason: See my Post below.
16%

Total votes: 56

Re: Slaves: Why did you choose the slave role?

Postby ... » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:40 pm

Because writing new characters is fun.
Echo
SL Name: Echo Horatio
Caste: Merchant?
Role: Trouble maker
Home Stone: Island of Jahesa

Postby Echo » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:50 pm

I did not choose it. It was chosen for me and I went along with it. I have enjoyed being with the people that brought me in and have remained with or at least friends with most of them. When I felt I could do more else where I was made a panther. And except that I like the look of camisks. :oops: I have not looked back. ;)
"In order to roleplay in SL Gor, you first need to accept that people are not sensible." by Chron
Ala
SL Name: Ala
Caste: Puddin' Pop!
Role: Bondchuk
Home Stone: His feet
Owner: da Jarl dude

Postby Ala » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:40 pm

Originally Ala wasn't a slave, she wasn't even Tuchuk. She was a blue eyed, tall blonde thing from Ar (the only city I had heard of back then) and a scribe (the only caste I actually knew something about...and even then it was limited to they could read and write yeah? :shh: ) And for about 6 months I "mostly" observed on the fringes, and did a few "tals" here and there. I was too frightened to do any proper rp as I had several "friend" who told me, "one foot wrong, and I WILL own your ass!" :shock:

If that wasn't scary enough (and back then it did freak me out. I was not only new to Gor but new to rp, and most sims in SL then were a quasi lifestyle blend). My best friend, sl sister and the actual reason I came to gor was rping a slave. Our interactions were always going to be limited. Beside now in hindesite I would say playing a FW would be one of the hardest roles, given that Norman himself didn't fully understand it. I had no clue :lol:

Anyway by this stage I had read nomads, and thus the Blonde Arian scribish one disappeared forever, and Ala of the Tuchuck was born. And she has, from the time she was created, only ever been a slave.

So why I chose it, was because it is where my friend was, and I really wanted to have some fun rping with her.

Why I stay a slave? For me it is about Ala's story. I love the character. I love her impulsive unpredictability. I enjoy the twists and turns and lets be honest.....I love a good mind fuck! ;)
Capture the mind ~ all else will follow.

I am not a bitch ~ I just have a low tolerance for bullshit
Escapee
SL Name: elzbieta balfour
Caste: gone
Home Stone: gone
AkA: Hollie

Postby Escapee » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:49 am

I'll bite.

There are a few reasons I chose the role. First, I was fascinated by it. It represented that side of me I rarely, if ever, let anyone see.

Growing up in a culture where the word "submission" was hammered into a woman's psyche, I supressed that (and a whole lot of other feelings) and chose rebellion to the concept. I showed independence and individuality where neither were celebrated in women. As a result, I was one of the few to leave four years of college without a husband. Silly, really to think of that as anything negative, but being engaged by the end of your sophomore year, married before your senior year, and if you graduated having one toddler and one hanging off you nursing was a somewhat common occurence. I baffled people because I refused to give in to the norm.

I spent many years continuing to supress that urge to yield my spirit and built a HUGE wall. Why? Because in that very culture where I spent all those years, the men I saw as "dominant" oftentimes were overbearing and refused to allow a woman to be strong or even have an opinion (insert, ' and your point is'? here). I knew women who were beaten regularly and verbally abused. I knew one woman who was given detailed lists of what to buy at the grocery store. If she strayed from the list in one single detail, the food was thrown at her and she was ordered to go back and get more. If she baked the cookies and they were a little too brown on the edges, the hot pan was thrown at her. She stayed for seven years. Because women didn't leave their husbands. If their husbands were abusive, the woman must have done something wrong.

Back to the why. That wall - it made me become cold. You can't deny a natural part of who you are for too long. I am naturally giving and compassionate. So when I heard about this place where men ruled and women drooled :D I was curious. And after talking to several people who had been in the genre for a very long time, it was affirmed over and over again that if I wanted a role that was more true to my own nature, slave was the role.

In a sense, I took the easy way out. Now in RL? I've had to be the strong one for so very long, I doubt there are more than two or three people who actually see any submissive tendencies in me. SL is my chance to let go and not have to decide. It's my place where I know rules are clearly defined, boundaries are set, and being a performance-driven personality, I know what I need to do to get a smile ICly, of course, from whatever dominant I'm around.

not sure if that answered the question, but thanks for making me think about it a bit.
it was

Return to “Slaves”