The Slave Personality

Discussions related to Kajira, Kajirus, Bonds and Thralls.

Answer only if you are a woman playing a slave: What is your role in real life?

Entertainment
1%
Entertainment
1%
Nursing
6%
Nursing
6%
Daycare Provider (Child or Adult)
No votes
Daycare Provider (Child or Adult)
No votes
Hospitality
1%
Hospitality
1%
Managerial
7%
Managerial
7%
Sales
1%
Sales
1%
Clerical/Administrative
3%
Clerical/Administrative
3%
Teaching
7%
Teaching
7%
Homemaker
3%
Homemaker
3%
Other (Elaborate Please)
19%
Other (Elaborate Please)
19%

Total votes: 68
TreatRothschild
SL Name: I'm Treat Dammit!
Role: Magistrate and Love Cthulhu
Home Stone: Hesius

Re: The Slave Personality

Postby TreatRothschild » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:32 pm

I ain't answering, but I don't see MamaKitty's answer there. ;)
Let me give you some advice bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.
Mia
SL Name: Mia
Role: Always His
Home Stone: Wherever he is
Owner: "Rock"

Postby Mia » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:31 pm

Other in answer to the OPs voting categories. My RL is about as un-slavelike as you can get. I not only run a business but in a male dominated field and most times I am the only women in the room when decisions are being made that affect many but that is where I can truly see that side of me that is drawn to being a slave online surface and usually it is a form of nurturing while still being in control. I love the question of the OP and of all the posts I can most closely relate to the following:

Linnet wrote:
Now I'm a business analyst and project manager. In many ways it does play to my nurturing side, often I feel like I'm running around "pleasing" the client and taking care of those who work for me, playing peace maker between the two sides, making sure every one has what they need. On the other hand, it IS a leadership role with huge levels of responsibility, no doubt about that. I also hold leadership roles outside of work as well, so coming home is a switch to a different nurturing role, but still in charge, still the responsibilities. I'm not only "mom" to my family, but half my friends and coworkers to.

I think, from the women I know, you are right they are nurturers. However often they are not in the typical fields you'd expect for this, quite the opposite, so perhaps that's the disconnect and part of the reason they like to play a slave.
Your actions speak so loudly I can't hear a word you say.
~pancake~
SL Name: Linnet, Linx,
Role: OOC
AkA: Pinkie Pie

Postby ~pancake~ » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:36 pm

I wonder if the break down wouldn't be similar if we polled all female players in SL Gor, or in SL as a whole for that matter. These look pretty typical occupations for RL women.
Caranda
SL Name: Caranda Schreiner
Role: slave
Owner: Brigette Wade

Postby Caranda » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:04 pm

In any case you'd need a much bigger sample than 28 to draw any sort of reliable conclusion.
It is regarded as right to enslave a natural slave

Postby ... » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:10 pm

From personal experience - I think there are submissive and dominant women... and women from all places in between - in all sectors. The fact that a higher percentage of female respondents work in jobs that are considered to be "nurturing" or "caring" means nothing when you consider that the results would likely look the same regardless of the word "submissive".

I don't agree that a person's sexuality has a bearing on their career choices.

The 20 most prevalent occupations for employed women [U.S.] in 2009 were—

Secretaries and administrative assistants, 3,074,000
Registered nurses, 2,612,000
Elementary and middle school teachers, 2,343,000
Cashiers, 2,273,000
Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides, 1,770,000
Retail salespersons, 1,650,000
First-line supervisors/managers of retail sales workers, 1,459,000
Waiters and waitresses, 1,434,000
Maids and housekeeping cleaners, 1,282,000
Customer service representatives, 1,263,000
Child care workers, 1,228,000
Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks, 1,205,000
Receptionists and information clerks, 1,168,000
First-line supervisors/managers of office and administrative support workers, 1,163,000
Managers, all other, 1,106,000
Accountants and auditors, 1,084,000
Teacher assistants, 921,000
Cooks, 831,000
Office clerks, general 821,000
Personal and home care aides, 789,000

Source
Plays With Clay
SL Name: Astra Starfall
Caste: Low Caste
Role: Throwing Clay
Home Stone: My Mind

Postby Plays With Clay » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:17 pm

Ok, secret, I have an alt somewhere, and not in the city I rp in as a clay wielding Free Woman.

But, my job is a bit out of the ordinary, I train women to be phone sex actresses, and I monitor and moderate such conversations when I am not training. so um, I really get to hear it all, and just as an aside, the Gorean taverns are way tame!
Lana Woodrunner
SL Name: Lana Woodrunner
Role: Slave
Owner: Mbassa Al-Awazem

Postby Lana Woodrunner » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:09 am

OTHER: Writer/Artist

This is a really interesting topic that for me goes far beyond a simple poll.

The reality is that typical female characteristics such as nurturing have nothing to do with submissiveness or dominance. Somehow because its softer or more servile we make the mistake of thinking its submissive when its not, it can be, but certainly not by default. I have quite a few friends who are stay at home mothers, and rock it. They cook, manage the household, drive everyone around, kiss the booboos and when the chips are down and a kid or spouse need some serious advocacy, each of these women can be as fierce as a lion. They call the shots, the command authority, and wo to anyone that stands in the way of the smooth running of their household. All while being soft, receptive, nurturing and divinely feminine.

We're complex creatures. All of us. And reasons for longing to surrender are varied among all of us I imagine.

I lead a very self possessed life. I call the shots, and I'm in a relationship that thrives in a very shared power sort of way. We dance. Somethings he leads, some times I lead. It just depends on where we are in our lives.

But on the whole, in my very capable life where I lead well when I need and want to, there is something potent and alluring about the release of power, the being inspired to surrender, to kneel and to give completely in that delicious desperation to serve, to worship and to be commanded. It happens in cycles in my personal life to be sure, but in gor I get to do it everyday.

And not only does it happen every day in gor, but I and I imagine most of us, get to explore the varying levels of such a submission. Its an immersive world in SL, so I kneel to everyone because its my role. But those very rare ones that inspire that compelling kneel, the surrender that drives home the core of my feminine longing? Thats delicious and that is almost enough to inspire the most dominant of us women to done a collar.
MammaKittie
SL Name: Grrrrr
Caste: Always Kittie
Home Stone: Right now in a world of pretty
Owner: Please...as if

Postby MammaKittie » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:40 pm

Plays With Clay wrote:Ok, secret, I have an alt somewhere, and not in the city I rp in as a clay wielding Free Woman.

But, my job is a bit out of the ordinary, I train women to be phone sex actresses, and I monitor and moderate such conversations when I am not training. so um, I really get to hear it all, and just as an aside, the Gorean taverns are way tame!

:o

Return to “Slaves”