The Slave Personality

Discussions related to Kajira, Kajirus, Bonds and Thralls.

Answer only if you are a woman playing a slave: What is your role in real life?

Entertainment
1
1%
Entertainment
1
1%
Nursing
4
6%
Nursing
4
6%
Daycare Provider (Child or Adult)
0
No votes
Daycare Provider (Child or Adult)
0
No votes
Hospitality
1
1%
Hospitality
1
1%
Managerial
5
7%
Managerial
5
7%
Sales
1
1%
Sales
1
1%
Clerical/Administrative
2
3%
Clerical/Administrative
2
3%
Teaching
5
7%
Teaching
5
7%
Homemaker
2
3%
Homemaker
2
3%
Other (Elaborate Please)
13
19%
Other (Elaborate Please)
13
19%
 
Total votes: 68
User avatar
Elle Couerblanc
Posts: 619
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:55 am
SL Name: Elle

Re: The Slave Personality

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:26 am

I am in sales - technology actually and I am surrounded by men all day long. I am more of a talkative, diplomat type of person. I work pretty independently in my job as do my co workers.
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/
User avatar
Darby Bradley
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:43 am
SL Name: Darby Bradley
Caste: Shenanigan-er
Role: Tree-hugger
Home Stone: Who the hell knows.
Owner: Shiny Things
AkA: Darby Bradley

Re: The Slave Personality

Postby Darby Bradley » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:38 am

Student-Math major
User avatar
~pancake~
Posts: 789
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:12 pm
SL Name: Linnet, Linx,
Role: OOC
AkA: Pinkie Pie

Re: The Slave Personality

Postby ~pancake~ » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:09 pm

MammaKittie wrote:It is our theory that women who choose the role of slaves are women who also choose the role of nurturer in real life. They choose professions such as nurse, teacher, homemaker, caregiver, etc. You don't typically find a slave girl who is a Vice President of Operations for some giant IT company. While women by their very nature are nurturers, it is again our theory that women in slave roles are women who move a little beyond what is intrinsically our nature.


Now this is an interesting conversation! I'd be curious to see it for SL Gorean RP'ers in general LOL but on topic, slaves, I think you have touched on some interesting points. I'm for sure a nurturer by nature, I think you hit that right, but I'm not in the careers you mention.

For many many years I worked in a very male dominated industry related to emergency response.

Now I'm a business analyst and project manager. In many ways it does play to my nurturing side, often I feel like I'm running around "pleasing" the client and taking care of those who work for me, playing peace maker between the two sides, making sure every one has what they need. On the other hand, it IS a leadership role with huge levels of responsibility, no doubt about that. I also hold leadership roles outside of work as well, so coming home is a switch to a different nurturing role, but still in charge, still the responsibilities. I'm not only "mom" to my family, but half my friends and coworkers to.

I think, from the women I know, you are right they are nurturers. However often they are not in the typical fields you'd expect for this, quite the opposite, so perhaps that's the disconnect and part of the reason they like to play a slave.
User avatar
Mynerva
Posts: 661
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:22 am
SL Name: *****

Re: The Slave Personality

Postby Mynerva » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:43 pm

MammaKittie wrote: It is our theory that women who choose the role of slaves are women who also choose the role of nurturer in real life. They choose professions such as nurse, teacher, homemaker, caregiver, etc. You don't typically find a slave girl who is a Vice President of Operations for some giant IT company. While women by their very nature are nurturers, it is again our theory that women in slave roles are women who move a little beyond what is intrinsically our nature.



That theory is not true for me at all. I did work as a teacher - but I taught almost adults and never saw myself as nurturer. Now I am in charge of quite a few people - and I see myself as a no nonsense leader. I make my decisions based on rational thought and what is best for the organization. I do not see myself as nurturer of the employess - they are all adults and should not need any nurturing.

A few years ago I tried to tell my psychology professor that I am a Type B personality. She had a good long laugh and told me to stop fooling myself. I guess she was right ;)

I think being submissive often expresses itself in relationships with certain people. I do not think there are many individuals who are always submissive, always nurturing, always anything.....
Freiheit ist immer Freiheit der Andersdenkenden.
Rosa Luxemburg
Crack and Thump
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:02 pm
SL Name: 1

Re: The Slave Personality

Postby Crack and Thump » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:46 pm

Edda wrote:I think being submissive often expresses itself in relationships with certain people. I do not think there are many individuals who are always submissive, always nurturing, always anything.....


I agree. Now can we get a label for that or category? ;)
User avatar
Mynerva
Posts: 661
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:22 am
SL Name: *****

Re: The Slave Personality

Postby Mynerva » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:48 pm

Emuna wrote:
Edda wrote:I think being submissive often expresses itself in relationships with certain people. I do not think there are many individuals who are always submissive, always nurturing, always anything.....


I agree. Now can we get a label for that or category? ;)


Roving Warrior Kajira?

:wave:
Freiheit ist immer Freiheit der Andersdenkenden.
Rosa Luxemburg
Escapee
Posts: 228
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:00 pm
SL Name: elzbieta balfour
Caste: gone
Home Stone: gone
AkA: Hollie
Contact:

Re: The Slave Personality

Postby Escapee » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:55 pm

Edda wrote:A few years ago I tried to tell my psychology professor that I am a Type B personality. She had a good long laugh and told me to stop fooling myself. I guess she was right ;)

I think being submissive often expresses itself in relationships with certain people. I do not think there are many individuals who are always submissive, always nurturing, always anything.....


Reminded me of when i took the DISC profile test and spent a good half hour arguing with the facilitator that there was no way I was a "D" (dominant).

He just smiled and said, "They were your answers, and the results don't lie."
it was
User avatar
~pancake~
Posts: 789
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:12 pm
SL Name: Linnet, Linx,
Role: OOC
AkA: Pinkie Pie

Re: The Slave Personality

Postby ~pancake~ » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:58 pm

hollie wrote:
Edda wrote:A few years ago I tried to tell my psychology professor that I am a Type B personality. She had a good long laugh and told me to stop fooling myself. I guess she was right ;)

I think being submissive often expresses itself in relationships with certain people. I do not think there are many individuals who are always submissive, always nurturing, always anything.....


Reminded me of when i took the DISC profile test and spent a good half hour arguing with the facilitator that there was no way I was a "D" (dominant).

He just smiled and said, "They were your answers, and the results don't lie."


There are many of us like that I think. If anyone in my life knew I identified as submissive, they'd laugh their asses off, take another drink, then laugh some more :problem:

I don't equate nurturing with submissive though. Yes, submissive are often also nurturing, but they aren't the same thing. When I get all "mom" on people, there is nothing subbie about it.

So I do think a lot of people who play slaves have a nurturing side, helping out on sims, checking in with players, training newbies, playing hostess, being peace maker, hoping everyone has a good time, organizing events...
Crack and Thump
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:02 pm
SL Name: 1

Re: The Slave Personality

Postby Crack and Thump » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:01 pm

Edda wrote:Roving Warrior Kajira?

:wave:


*laughs and laughs*
You have been WAITING to spring that one on me.
User avatar
MammaKittie
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:59 am
SL Name: Grrrrr
Caste: Always Kittie
Home Stone: Right now in a world of pretty
Owner: Please...as if

Re: The Slave Personality

Postby MammaKittie » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:02 pm

Your comments are intriguing and touch a bit on my backup theory that women of power play Gor and more specifically the role of slave to escape the need to "be in charge"....however ladies, so far based on the numbers and not so much the comments, the nurturing roles of nursing, teaching and hospitality are in the lead. We'll see where this goes after a day or so. It's really very interesting to me! I appreciate the response and candor!

Return to “Slaves”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron