On slave role play...

Discussions related to Kajira, Kajirus, Bonds and Thralls.
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Re: On slave role play...

Postby Sasi » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:34 pm

I totally agree with you, Tantus, it puzzles me when I see how people in SL Gor are so prude. Men show more interest to FW, they have love stories and intense sex with FW, and if a slave tries to entice a man, the typist is frowned upon.....
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:48 pm

Oor wrote:
Tamar Luminos wrote:On the one hand, if some random guy character were to walk up to my slave character, snag her, shove her up against a wall for a quickie, then push a coin in her mouth and walk on- wow. That'd be one hell of a scene and I'd freakin' love it.

Did this on my mantoon some time ago. Walked into a city, city slave walks over all "can I serve you" - asked briefly if she was restricted - pushed her against the wall, raped her, zipped and went to head out.... MOUNTAINS OF SHIT FELL ON MY HEAD FROM FREE WOMEN BECAUSE OF THE TRAUMA I'D PUT THAT "POOR SLAVE GIRL" THROUGH.

Oy vey. :facepalm: It's like they've never read the books or something...
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
Tamar Luminos

Postby Tamar Luminos » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:56 pm

Saras wrote:
Qingwen wrote:I've noticed slave players tend not to post a lot of dialogue - which is the easiest way to get someone to respond to your rp. Thoughts and descriptions are all well and good in the proper context, but why not just strike up a conversation, ask questions, or simply chat with other slave characters if the male characters are busy doing their bro bonding? The male characters (and some FW) seem to be the reverse, lots of dialogue with a dash of description thrown in.

I'm totally guilty of doing this and always trying to add more dialog to my posts. I think it's also a sign of some rpers who've been around during those massive serve posts. But also I've run into situations quite often that make me recoil from talking to much.

I recall one such scene where I was playing a slave and was rented from the slave house by a local warrior and taken to the baths. He wanted to be washed, which I was doing in my posts, but ALSO attempting to engage him in conversation. It was appropriate questions, and after only the second question I was told "shut up and just do what you're here to do". So i spent another hour (maybe more) doing literally nothing but action and description posts.

Often times slaves are seen and not heard. I get it. But how do you reconcile that with actually being an active participant in the scenes? Or should we just do away with the role entirely and use mesh dummies. Seems to me that quite a few see little difference.

Heh. Look at us all having a good discussion like rational adults! It's nice to see this board coming back to life a little.

And this is one of the difficulties of playing a slave character. In a lot of cases, if you've read the books, you get this idea that slaves weren't real chatty around the free people when the free people were having a conversation. Especially if a FW is involved because, terror. So I'm guilty of this too, I find myself typing up much less dialog in posts when I'm playing a slave character- but I try to compensate with clear, overt non-verbal signals like "face freezes, going pale and trembling as she listens to the conversation about free companionship" or "frowns suddenly, brows furrowed and eyes stormy, teeth clenched and jaw set as she spies the black haired slave in her master's lap squirming happily", yadda yadda...there's ways to convey reactions without dialogue and sometimes I make a game of it, trying to convey emotions and thoughts clearly through body language in text. But...then again, my experiences in Gor have involved being ignored a lot in scenes so maybe I'm not very good at it. LOL
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
Tamar Luminos

Postby Tamar Luminos » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:02 pm

Tantus wrote:
Tamar Luminos wrote:I gotta ask, though- how is "and hour or two of RP" wasted if the person playing the slave character has to post out of the scene at that point? Can't you pick the RP storyline up another time, like the next day or whenever the other person is free to jump in with you again? I can't say I see anything wrong with someone roleplaying with me for an hour or two, then having to jump out to meet up with their fave RP partner. If we had something interesting going, I'd hit 'em up for another scene sometime later on in the week when they were free next, and thank 'em for the hour or two of fun RP, myself. So I guess I don't get how/why you see that time as "wasted"...

I totally get why discerning roleplayers want to avoid sexual exploitation. I wouldn't do it, and wouldn't expect others to bounce between strangers all night long,

What you're hitting on is you want your roleplay with some depth and meaning to it. And I get that too, but to really build a scene and surround those characters in suspense... it takes time and needs to flow without interruption.

In general, the superficial emotes you throw down are an introduction, there's little thought or meaning to it, you just post through an IC situation and continue on. Sometimes people reply in a way that your character picks up on, and they can be simple emotes but you begin to communicate on two channels. The conversation and the emoting. When you reach that point of understanding each other's humour, then you can go deeper. Superficial roleplaying works just like familiarising yourself with people in RL, knowing who you will and won't get along with.

I'm not talking about soulmating and falling in instant love here, but amongst all those gossiping FW and slaves who act like pets/children, you meet a character who seems like a 'normal' person behind the keyboard (An NBK?). Now you're beyond the introductory-roleplay stage and begin setting up towards a scene. When this person IMs with "OOC owner logged in, got to run ty".

I don't have an issue if someone walks up IC, roleplays, and takes his slave off. It's all legitimate then and adds onto the scene. But if it's done OOC'ly, then why would you revive roleplay with someone who can TP out at any random moment.

I haven't really been in the situation but if I was involved in a scene, then a regular RP partner logged in. It isn't possible that I'd IM the present roleplay and tell her I need to leave and RP with someone else. It's wrong on so many levels, I'd feel like a dick for doing it.

Totes stealing "NBK", brilliant. LOLOLOL

And I guess I get getting "arpee blueballs" when you're having fun in a scene, setting things up, things going great and all of a sudden person you're in scene with has to unexpectedly tp out. My take though- if you're having that much fun with someone, why not ask to continue things? Even if there's a chance they gotta tp out, I mean, you know- if you find yourself not able to get anything interesting going with them due to them having to drop out suddenly after a few times, I can see marking them off the list of people to seek out to RP with, but I guess having little free time to RP, myself I tend to be more forgiving of that sorta thing. If I can get an hour or two of even decent RP these days every once in awhile, it's a frigging miracle.
Tamar Luminos

Postby Tamar Luminos » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:05 pm

Tantus wrote:
Sasi wrote:And do you avoid as well to RP with companioned FW, Tantrus?

Personally, I have often RPed with people playing a free that I should truly boring. I have no much fun getting involved in a little group of FW who are speaking of mundane stuff, about their family, how the city is nice, etc etc. It makes me yawn! And there are not only slaves who exit a RP because their owner logged on. FWs tend to do the same as well with their FC and it's very common to meet FCed character whose typist have a BF/GF relationship.
But I will not avoid FW because I have often met boring ones.

As for slaves emoting very long serves? Didn't see one these last 2 years, but I don't spend times in tavern and seldom ask a drink when playing with a slave :) But most of these slave players are taught this kind of RP in the lame Gorean schools which taught the way to play a perfect boring cookie cutter. Between them and the free characters who play the little tiny lovey dovey family story.... Sigh and bleeeh.....

I wouldn't avoid anyone who seems interested in roleplaying and is of interesting character. Obviously people in SL Gor look for different things, what's hot to me is a slave who's also a woman. It fits in more with the Gorean theme when a slave is challenging, seductive and preying upon free men. At this stage, men will fall to her, or throw the girl on her back and discipline her. It's all part of the game that men and slaves play.

In SL Gor, many slaves have had the sexuality taken out of them. I won't accuse those women playing slaves, it's more the environment they've entered into, which expects them to be docile, demure characters who float around, kneeling everywhere, trying to serve free food to every free person in sight.

It continues after all these years because people entering BTB , think that's what being a slave is all about. John Norman's idea of a Gorean slave, is a sensual woman. SL Gor tends towards immaturity and innocence.

All this. Wow. So much all this. :shock:

(Apologies for so goddam many posts quoting people. LOL I may be hopped up on sugar today, had the Cokacola cake at Crackerbarrel with my lunch and I'm zipping around like a hummingbird. :lol: )
Qingwen
SL Name: Qin

Postby Qingwen » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:41 am

But.. I thought slaves are supposed to be brilliant conversationalists? Read that somewhere I think.. I kinda skimmed the couple books I read. Heh. Still, my character chats a lot, and no one has objected. If they do they are welcome to shut her up, there are several creative ways to do so.

Oh... and Oor's mantoon is welcome to rape my tavern girl anytime. Here's my number.. so call me maybe... :wave:
Oor
SL Name: Oor Breen
Home Stone: ROIAF: GoT RP

Postby Oor » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:43 am

Qingwen wrote:But.. I thought slaves are supposed to be brilliant conversationalists? Read that somewhere I think.. I kinda skimmed the couple books I read. Heh. Still, my character chats a lot, and no one has objected. If they do they are welcome to shut her up, there are several creative ways to do so.

Oh... and Oor's mantoon is welcome to rape my tavern girl anytime. Here's my number.. so call me maybe... :wave:

You'll be first on the list.
I call my vagina "New Yorker cartoon" because it's dry and a handful of people have laughed at it.

Flix
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Postby Sasi » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:23 pm

Qingwen wrote:But.. I thought slaves are supposed to be brilliant conversationalists? Read that somewhere I think.. I kinda skimmed the couple books I read. Heh. Still, my character chats a lot, and no one has objected. If they do they are welcome to shut her up, there are several creative ways to do so.

Only when allowed to speak, a right which can be easily removed as well. And unless a slave is addressed, she is not expected to give her opinion, to make suggestions, when free persons are talking.

Return to “Slaves”