Food for thought on Slaves and Spare time.

Discussions related to Kajira, Kajirus, Bonds and Thralls.
User avatar
FeorieFrimon
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:51 pm
SL Name: Feorie Frimon
Contact:

Re: Food for thought on Slaves and Spare time.

Postby FeorieFrimon » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:39 am

Sabina Takakura wrote:there are always going to be weird neckbeards and noobs. Always.



Okay.... :offtopic:

But..what's a neckbeard? :o.O:
User avatar
Ceri the Urt
Urtastic!
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:55 am
SL Name: Ceri Kesten
Role: Being totally stinky.

Re: Food for thought on Slaves and Spare time.

Postby Ceri the Urt » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:11 pm

LMAO I was about to ask the same exact thing Feorie.
Don't raise your voice, Improve your Argument.
User avatar
Darius of Turia
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:15 am
SL Name: Darius Vayandar
Caste: Red
Role: Ubar no more!
Home Stone: City of Turia
Contact:

Re: Food for thought on Slaves and Spare time.

Postby Darius of Turia » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:11 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FbohjJux5pI

^neckbeard^

Basically someone who's so entrochrd into this game and how they see it should be done that they must tell you how it's done and have also sacrificed their lives and concept of personal hygiene
"Life is as a storm, one must be prepared for the hardship and scorn. But with in this is a light, one for which we must fight. For hope is our weapon and our dreams are our shield. When fully armed we can not be felled from the field."
User avatar
Sabina Takakura
Posts: 310
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:38 am
SL Name: WAT.
Caste: Hobo
Role: Zombie Killer
Home Stone: My cat.
Owner: Reddit.

Re: Food for thought on Slaves and Spare time.

Postby Sabina Takakura » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:12 pm

From the Urban Dictionary:

1. (n) Facial hair that does not exist on the face, but instead on the neck. Almost never well groomed.

2. (n) Derogatory term for slovenly nerdy people who have no sense of hygene or grooming. Often related to hobbies such as card gaming, video gaming, anime, et. al.
If this party is full of f*cking neckbeards, I'm out. I've got better things to do than sit around with a bunch of unwashed nerds.
User avatar
Ceri the Urt
Urtastic!
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:55 am
SL Name: Ceri Kesten
Role: Being totally stinky.

Re: Food for thought on Slaves and Spare time.

Postby Ceri the Urt » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:38 pm

LMAO *groans*
Don't raise your voice, Improve your Argument.
User avatar
Lacey
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:06 pm
SL Name: Lacey arentire
Caste: The White Ghost
Role: Haunting
Home Stone: Where Dead Goreans go.
Owner: Deka
AkA: Crazy
Location: South carolina

Re: Food for thought on Slaves and Spare time.

Postby Lacey » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:37 pm

Sabina Takakura wrote:
FeorieFrimon wrote:
Sabina Takakura wrote:He's in Kar.
Let the Thirsty Games begin, may the odds be ever in your favor.
Except every time I try and track him down for a scene he poofs, that bastard.


That derpster Sasi quoted above runs a Gorean Portal Radio show from Kar fairly regularly....so.....Darby may be tasty, but the last time I was in Kar, the RP was brutally boring, a lot of the chicks were SUPER meta-gamers, and there was a lot of weird ooc possessiveness happening. I'll steer clear.


There are areas of that, yeah. Usually near the docks it gets bad. There are some areas where it's not bad at all, and I've met some pretty cool roleplayers. It seems like of late, it's less about a whole sim together, but who you run with. Sad, I kind of miss the days where everyone knew everyone in a sim and roleplayed together. Does this make us cliqueish elitists? Probably.

Regardless, no matter what sim or genre you go to, there are always going to be weird neckbeards and noobs. Always.


I have fun in Port Kar. I think the reason I'm having fun though is the one thing you don't like about it, the sim doesn't play together. I can have my house and play with those I want to play with. There is no one breathing down my neck about the fact I attended zero ooc classes to be a physician. There is no one in my IM box going "You cannot play that." Sim owners/mods don't butt in unless they are asked to. Even if there is drama, I hardly ever see it because it is either kept quiet or the parties worked it out themselves. Sure we have noobs that pop in or really weird people who IM you saying they were abandoned every once in a while but overall I like the place.
I should have never cut her hair!
User avatar
Sabina Takakura
Posts: 310
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:38 am
SL Name: WAT.
Caste: Hobo
Role: Zombie Killer
Home Stone: My cat.
Owner: Reddit.

Re: Food for thought on Slaves and Spare time.

Postby Sabina Takakura » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:46 pm

Oh no, the moment there is something OOC, I port out. I log in for roleplay.
OOC classes?

Image

I meant more that I could go around to anyplace and find a reason to scene with someone. It seems harder, now. I remember in Ti (Gosh I miss you, Adamark.) we'd split off, but if I felt like it I knew just about everyone and had a reason to visit them IC.
As an example, I have no idea why I'd ever go strike up a convo with you, Lacey.

Then again, it's kind of neat that everything is segregated into districts of sorts. It means more people will likely be able to find a spot that suits their RP needs.
User avatar
Lacey
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:06 pm
SL Name: Lacey arentire
Caste: The White Ghost
Role: Haunting
Home Stone: Where Dead Goreans go.
Owner: Deka
AkA: Crazy
Location: South carolina

Re: Food for thought on Slaves and Spare time.

Postby Lacey » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:01 pm

Sabina Takakura wrote:Oh no, the moment there is something OOC, I port out. I log in for roleplay.
OOC classes?

Image

I meant more that I could go around to anyplace and find a reason to scene with someone. It seems harder, now. I remember in Ti (Gosh I miss you, Adamark.) we'd split off, but if I felt like it I knew just about everyone and had a reason to visit them IC.
As an example, I have no idea why I'd ever go strike up a convo with you, Lacey.

Then again, it's kind of neat that everything is segregated into districts of sorts. It means more people will likely be able to find a spot that suits their RP needs.


Okay you made me look that video up. I remember spending a couple days watching that video over and over again with a few friends. :lol:

Anyway sure your could strike a convo with me. Lacey's reputation proceeds her. All kinds of rumors and such going on. Not to mention she's in on three businesses. All your character really would have to do is become ill and bam! You'd be in her infirmary (or come buy some meds, it's expensive though!). We've met people who: have joined our house, left our house to join another and therefore met that house, and even some conflict with at least one (maybe two now) other house.

Aside from that we do deliveries of notes and items (our less popular business). We do trading for new things and everyone can find a reason to talk to Deka who is playing my mother, she's just one of those types of people. It's much the same with everyone else on the sim.

Back on topic about the slaves though I give all slave characters a chance and I try to role play them; however, sometimes a little help in doing that would be appreciated. I also get upset whenever they go crazy I didn't stuff them down with a cookie. I seriously had someone role playing being really hurt because I hit them with a rag they brought me when I asked for a brush? They could have a blast but get mad OOCly about it I guess (pretty sure that's all the roles too though).

I do something...you do something...I do something... you do something...

Not
I do something.....you thought emote and/or say yes mistress....I do something...You still not react...

I got to have something to go off of and I notice a lot of people who play slaves do not give me that. Everything in my style depends on: what's happening in the role play, how someone reacts, and whether if it is even important to anyone's story or not. I could for example role play for hours and have very nice emotes coming out if it is a part of a story and everyone is giving me something to react to but I cannot focus on sitting at a table playing tea party if nothing else is happening or if the other person is not really giving me anything to "bounce" back to. I'm guessing the reasons slave role players tend to not to do that for me is because they are told over and over again they are a princess if they do so or are afraid they'll be sent to chores or something instead of the role play though. I'm not sure it is always completely their fault but they should just take control of the situation and leave places that will not allow them to give me something to "bounce" back to.
I should have never cut her hair!

Return to “Slaves”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest