Food for thought on Slaves and Spare time.

Discussions related to Kajira, Kajirus, Bonds and Thralls.
FeorieFrimon
SL Name: Feorie Frimon

Re: Food for thought on Slaves and Spare time.

Postby FeorieFrimon » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:42 am

Qingwen wrote:Yes I think they are rare.

I've been told as much by others I RP'd with, and in the couple months I played slave role, I found most free characters did not want an ongoing story when I expressed no interest in running off to join their personal harem. It's like they can only RP anything interesting with a slave they own, I suppose? Free range tavern girl is no good. I did have some fun ongoing stories with the other slave characters though, no problem there.

Please excuse the typos...I'm on my phone.

But yeah, tavern girl has been brutal honestly. I thought that I'd be likely to get the most RP as one, so I started as a village type bond, but that just hasn't been my experience. I think you've got something there...maybe owned slaves get it better or something?

And yes, Sasi! I think FW get more ass because of the thrill of the chase or something. I've rped three or four sex scenes on Nutmeg since I've played her these last 6 months. I actually don't mind that: I don't really wanna to sex every day or anything. But on Fe? She had booty coming out of her ears...it was -easy- to play her as a slut in robe.
DarbyDollinger wrote:
Is it all because they've been slapped down by neckbeards demanding black wine?

Yeah, maybe. And Darby, I think half of the slaves in Gor would be changing you down for a story of they knew where you were RPing.
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Postby Sasi » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:24 am

Happened to a friend of mine, today, the local slaver was busy RPing with a slave in a public area (whipping scene). My friend who plays a slave and another slave players approach, they RP. The slaver IM one to tell her to stop disturbing their RP.

A group chat, 2 days ago, the owner of some Gorean radio, guy playing a slaver:
000: its pretty well noted that women have killed way more sims that men *chuckles*

and in the same discussion, a ex teacher of Port Haifa 9and slave player):
yyyy: and really hate it when the woman is a slave
yyyy: was a sim admin and ran a slave school - I had specific duties that didn't hit my IC role... But more men had issue with me.... and a few women as well.

and another comment from another slave player:
zzz: Just that, you're trying to run a 'society' with a base understanding that Men 'rule' Gor...

While we were - only - speaking of OOC sim administration.... You wonder what "men rule Gor" had to do when it's only question of OOC aspects like running a sim. Also, not even once one of the women involved in this discussion advocated for women rule - IC - a city....

And again, from one of his friends, a woman:
zzz: It is OOC, but when I chimed in.. I also meant from an OOC perspective.. Atleast from my view, Women are best left in strong 'supporting' roles.. It's how we were made.. The men were our leaders for hundreds of thousands of years.. The hunter gatherers.. This was what they were made to do.. We, as women, were made to bare children, tend the household.. pass our knowledge etc.. physically, I will say there are some women that can meet a man's strength.. But, when it comes down to it.. A woman has to work twice as hard... atleast to gain respects and consideration.. /because/ she goes against the natural grain and order...

000: but you can see...why so many people are leaving BTB to go GE. Plain and simple. Everyone asks me where the real men are...they are in GE. Its old Gor...all those people who got frustrated with these silly debates over the 'War of the Roses'

Women who opposed to his crap comments have been told that:
- they had their periods
- needed to get laid
- were a man
- were a troll
- were a transgenre
- were a noob
- were lonely, deluded women
- were alts of each other

Here a sample:
000: more insults from the transgender. Who would have ever thought.
000: ...can't take that heat....better get out of that kitchen?

Etc etc...

You would want to think that this guy is finally more a troll with zero credit... Even not... He is a very respected actor of SL Gor, as I said, his radio animates the audio background of many Gorean sims. Not to mention the few people who supported him.

With such mentality, I think that expecting a true OOC equality, no more OOC discrimination towards those who play a slave, is just an utopy....
Lacey
SL Name: Lacey arentire
Caste: The White Ghost
Role: Haunting
Home Stone: Where Dead Goreans go.
Owner: Deka
AkA: Crazy

Postby Lacey » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:55 am

I will keep trying as I always have but yes, I think a slave role player is rare to find that will actually try to lead a role play story. Whatever the reason may be. Even if I lead one they have a hard time playing it. I grow bored pretty quick with it though. Maybe I should work on that and just keep going in hopes that they will spill the emotions of their character after a while or do something besides kneel and ask if I want a drink, no matter what I role play?

Not saying there is the select few that I have ran into that will do other role play. There was since I joined the sim I'm on right now: a personal slave that I enjoyed role playing with, a slave who had went from free woman to slave through someone else on the sim who I enjoyed role playing with, and a slave girl I gave an exam to that I enjoyed role playing with. Other than that the rest were lost or asking about serving me randomly which does not fit the sim at all.
I should have never cut her hair!
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:23 pm

Is it all because they've been slapped down by neckbeards demanding black wine?

Gah, it's "blackwyne", people! And it has to be sweetened, in a 7 step serve, with each post being no less than 10 lines each and don't you dare look at/acknowledge/speak to anyone else while you're serving me and I'm ignoring you, with my FW thought emote insulting you and I'm diddling her under her robes with my 3 personal pregnant slaves sitting off to the side knitting baby booties and giggling like a 10 year olds.

...it's possible that I've become too jaded to play in SL Gor. LOL :facepalm:
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:30 pm

And the problem with playing an 'owned slave' is that nobody else wants to roleplay with you! Guys seem to think you're "off limits" and won't touch you, it's the damndest thing. Sure, Harlequin was awesome about roleplaying with me, and Feorie, too as his FC (yur fantastic, toots- that storyline was one of the best I've had in SL Gor ever). And occasionally, I could find another slave to roleplay with in the tavern (Oor was great) or out and about- and one or two FW (Mags was great), and every once in a blue moon I'd find a guytoon to play with in the tavern (Quin's character ran the tavern, so my character served in it- was hoping for the best of both worlds) but it'd inevitably only be to fetch a drink and sit and look pretty and it did get boring after a while.

Still...I keep hoping to find more. Still love the setting, and a few of the players. So I keep dipping a toe in trying to catch lightning in a bottle. At least I keep meeting and getting to play (however briefly) with some really cool people, so it's still worth the time and effort when I'm up for it.
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
Sabina Takakura
SL Name: WAT.
Caste: Hobo
Role: Zombie Killer
Home Stone: My cat.
Owner: Reddit.

Postby Sabina Takakura » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:48 pm

FeorieFrimon wrote:Yeah, maybe. And Darby, I think half of the slaves in Gor would be changing you down for a story of they knew where you were RPing.

He's in Kar.
Let the Thirsty Games begin, may the odds be ever in your favor.
Except every time I try and track him down for a scene he poofs, that bastard.

Ok, so we've identified the issue - but where are some places that:
1) Put a separation between IC and OOC
2) Value roleplay over derp.
3) Have interesting storylines?

Also, has anyone considered pointing some administrators/admins to this? Honestly, we should probably just pick a sim, carve out a corner, and claim it for the Gorums.
FeorieFrimon
SL Name: Feorie Frimon

Postby FeorieFrimon » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:52 pm

Sabina Takakura wrote:He's in Kar.

That derpster Sasi quoted above runs a Gorean Portal Radio show from Kar fairly regularly....so.....Darby may be tasty, but the last time I was in Kar, the RP was brutally boring, a lot of the chicks were SUPER meta-gamers, and there was a lot of weird ooc possessiveness happening. I'll steer clear.

Sabina Takakura wrote:Also, has anyone considered pointing some administrators/admins to this? Honestly, we should probably just pick a sim, carve out a corner, and claim it for the Gorums.

I tried to get a whole crew of us to just find some sim that was basically abandoned, and just start RPing there and make it Gorums-ish, but I didn't have any takers. :( I'm still down for the Gorums sim, though. That would be -epic-. I know a whole crew of people that would be doing a happy dance for the chance to build it.

Also....Quin and Tamar...if you guys go back to Gor, lemme know. I'd love to pick up where we left off. ;)
Sabina Takakura
SL Name: WAT.
Caste: Hobo
Role: Zombie Killer
Home Stone: My cat.
Owner: Reddit.

Postby Sabina Takakura » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:44 pm

FeorieFrimon wrote:
Sabina Takakura wrote:He's in Kar.

That derpster Sasi quoted above runs a Gorean Portal Radio show from Kar fairly regularly....so.....Darby may be tasty, but the last time I was in Kar, the RP was brutally boring, a lot of the chicks were SUPER meta-gamers, and there was a lot of weird ooc possessiveness happening. I'll steer clear.

There are areas of that, yeah. Usually near the docks it gets bad. There are some areas where it's not bad at all, and I've met some pretty cool roleplayers. It seems like of late, it's less about a whole sim together, but who you run with. Sad, I kind of miss the days where everyone knew everyone in a sim and roleplayed together. Does this make us cliqueish elitists? Probably.

Regardless, no matter what sim or genre you go to, there are always going to be weird neckbeards and noobs. Always.
Harlequin
SL Name: Harlequin Salome
Caste: Scripter
Role: Guy Who Stares In Confusion
Home Stone: Blender, mostly.

Postby Harlequin » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:29 pm

Boring RP, tons of meta, and strange ooc bullshit?
Just say "Kinda like BTB Gor". It's faster.
And sure! I'm totally down for terrorizing you somewhere. And terrorizing Tamar somewhere.
Anywhere, really. I'm pretty open when it comes down to terrorizing.
There used to be a gif here. It was awesome. But it's gone now.
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Postby Sasi » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:46 pm

I would say that noobs and retarded BTB Rpers are not really the problem as long as the sim administration won't support their onlineisms and all limits they will try to enforce upon your character. If the local slaver wants you to perform NC chores, you need the sim owner to support you if you refuse. If the sim owner likes the NC chores, you're fucked. If you have a little crowd with which your RP style match, all fine. Just, you will have a hard time finding new faces, of course.

Else, I have already talked a few times with sim admins/owners about their rules. It's a waste of time. Maybe would they change their rules if a group of a dozen of warriors knocked at the door, considering joining the sim and asked for it.... But if you are a woman, they don't give a fuck. Anyway, as their cookie cutters are quite happy playing waitresses and chore machines while their owners happily fuck their FC, the sim doesn't need your princess RP.........

And yes Feorie, he runs the Gorean Whip radio... I don't understand how people give him credit. When you read his profile, you should quickly understand he is an insecure idiot.

Return to “Slaves”