The Princess Slave

Discussions related to Kajira, Kajirus, Bonds and Thralls.
Lokiande
SL Name: Lokiande Resident

The Princess Slave

Postby Lokiande » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:09 am

Or, my three day experience as a captive.
-----------

Okay, long story short; I decided to visit a new city to broaden my trade route around Gor. I have a wonderful chat with the slaves giving me a tour, and later end up talking with a Scribe at the local Inn. One thing leads to another, and after a hilarious conversation wipe regarding corn, I reveal that I am a runaway slave who got a job as a Merchant. After an attempt at being "cool" (I had no idea what to do) and running like a chicken with it's head cut off, I got capped.

I spend the weekend in a cage, talking with the same slaves who gave me the tour, and having no idea how to react to my character's issue. Between mouthing off to everyone, I spoke with one of the slave players, asked how I was doing RP wise, was I bothering anyone, was my defiance alright, ect.

I was called a "Princess", as both a joke and a warning. Someone who isn't a doormat, talks freely and acts how I would probably act in a situation. Find the limits, see if my character gets rescued (I did).

Is fight in a captive woman so BIZZARE on Gor? Why is it so wrong to be different from the cookie cutter women, to want to be free, even if it means death?
DarbyDollinger
SL Name: Darby Dollinger
Caste: Slaver
Home Stone: Amongst the ruins of Salernum.

Re: The Princess Slave

Postby DarbyDollinger » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:34 am

There are a lot of people with strange ideas on Gor. A 'princess slave' is an old lifestyler-ish thing that doesn't really have any place in roleplay. A real Gorean character wouldn't their breath calling someone a princess. They'd just pull out a whip or a slave goad, threaten to feed her to the sleen, gag her to shut her up, deny her food until she became compliant, or whatever. In other words they'd roleplay.

People should welcome a bit of conflict in RP rather than be afraid of it.
Ceri the Urt
Urtastic!
SL Name: Ceri Kesten
Role: Being totally stinky.

Postby Ceri the Urt » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:11 pm

Well as always Darby.

In my travels I noted that a lot of those who lean more toward being a slave because they are R/L submissive, tend to not "adjust" well, or maybe a better word for it is to "see the possibility" of the role. Many, especially from "back in the day" have trouble with the concept of someone playing a slave for the rp opportunity it offers and not because they are actually submissive. They tend to feel that anyone who plays a slave should be submissive...period, and if you are not, then you are a drama queen simply looking to steal attention, or a princess, wanting to get your own way rather then complying to the role you "choose" to play. This is more of an ooc thought process then an IC. Now I have not been in Gor for quite some time now, so things may have changed, but when I was there, that is what I saw the most. Very few know how to keep it strictly rp for rps sake. They are either Free, or slave. That is why when a free gets capped and forced into slavery a lot of them choose to kill themselves rather then go with the flow of the rp and see what the possibilities could be and where the rp can take them. They feel like "If I go with the flow, it means I am a slave and that is the only thing people will view me as". Unfortunatly, sometimes, that is exactly what happens. If you do "go with the rp" you get that stigma of..."well, he/she was captured and went with the rp so it must mean he/she wants to play a slave".

Tad long winded for my first post back in a year or so LOL.
Don't raise your voice, Improve your Argument.
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Postby Sasi » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:30 pm

Sometimes, I like taking a look at the profile of those people who are so prompt to rant against the supposed "princess slaves"...

You wonder who is the real princess when these people have limits like "no force collar/no collar/no branding/no rape.

Oh, and not to mention the "touch me and my FC will kill you" or "If you harm this woman, I will find you and kill you"...

Seriously, lol lol! "Real princesses of Gor"
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:31 pm

There are a lot of people with strange ideas on Gor. A 'princess slave' is an old lifestyler-ish thing that doesn't really have any place in roleplay. A real Gorean character wouldn't their breath calling someone a princess. They'd just pull out a whip or a slave goad, threaten to feed her to the sleen, gag her to shut her up, deny her food until she became compliant, or whatever. In other words they'd roleplay.

People should welcome a bit of conflict in RP rather than be afraid of it.

OMG so much this!!!! Darby, will you please have my prim babies? I promise they'll be born, weaned, and ready to fight inside of a month. :lol:
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
Tamar Luminos

Postby Tamar Luminos » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:40 pm

And to the OP:

There are an awful lot of people in SL Gor roleplay sims who really just...don't know how to roleplay. I think they just sorta act out what they think a "Gor Lifestyle" is and get all sorta shocked and offended when people go to these supposed "Gorean Roleplay Sims" and try to...roleplay with them. It generally doesn't go well.

Trick is to find -actual- roleplay sims that use a Gorean setting, but they're few and far between, sadly, and even then you'll inevitably run into folks who SAY they're "roleplaying", but what they're really doing is that whole weird blurring of IC/OOC that seems to be them trying to act out what they think a "Gor Lifestyle" is all about.

It's sad, rilly. Gor's a great setting for roleplay, just too damned hard to find places to actually roleplay in it. But if you're keen on the whole "Gor Lifestyle" thing, you should be good to go.

((Full disclosure: I'm a Real Life Princess Slave. Totes. :princess: ))
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Postby Sasi » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:14 pm

And there are slaves, in books, which could be labelled "princesses", if I were not so lazy, I would post a few quotes.

And I want Tamar's prim babies too.
Tamar Luminos

Postby Tamar Luminos » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:49 pm

Ceri the Urt
Urtastic!
SL Name: Ceri Kesten
Role: Being totally stinky.

Postby Ceri the Urt » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:02 pm

LMFAO :perfect10:
Don't raise your voice, Improve your Argument.
DarbyDollinger
SL Name: Darby Dollinger
Caste: Slaver
Home Stone: Amongst the ruins of Salernum.

Postby DarbyDollinger » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:26 am

I'm happy to father any number of prim babies as long as I don't have to raise them.

Return to “Slaves”