A Weak Act?

Discussions related to Kajira, Kajirus, Bonds and Thralls.

Is submission seen as a weak act?

1. Yes definitely you have given your freedom away.
3%
1. Yes definitely you have given your freedom away.
3%
2. Yes because it is demanded of a slave and given without thought
2%
2. Yes because it is demanded of a slave and given without thought
2%
3. Yes because now another to controls you.
No votes
3. Yes because now another to controls you.
No votes
4. Maybe in some cases but not all
18%
4. Maybe in some cases but not all
18%
5. No it is an act of strength
17%
5. No it is an act of strength
17%
6. No because it is demanded of all slaves.
2%
6. No because it is demanded of all slaves.
2%
7. Other and will explain
3%
7. Other and will explain
3%
8. No its a thought out choice.
5%
8. No its a thought out choice.
5%

Total votes: 60
Sidney
SL Name: Sid

Re: A Weak Act?

Postby Sidney » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:55 pm

Is submission a weak act? Well... It's an act, no doubt about that. I've 'broken' many times, more times than I can count. I've 'submitted,' completely disingenuously, three times. I was forced to it and couldn't figure a reasonable RP way out of it. Still, I beat feet when the first chance presented itself. Twice it was cool, but ones I ran into the old 'you submitted you are mine now' routine, and he hunted me and really, frankly, frightened me to the point I nearly left Gor. Love it or hate it, it attracts some REAL freaks. I guess it depends on how you define it. I've gone though the motions of the process three times, but in my mind I've never done it. I don't feel weak at all.

Now, I've had long conversations trying to convince me to do so for real... but I don't really 'feel' it. But if I ever did, I don't think it would be weak. I have seen, however, at least one girl submit is such a pathetically servile manner that it kind of made me nauseous. That WAS weak. In fact, it was so weak it was almost insulting to the man. He did NOTHING to rate this, and it was clear this was just the first guy she ran into. He was happy though, for the moment. So, I guess it would depend on the situation.
Cortez
SL Name: Cortez
Role: Sippy Cup
Home Stone: The Borough

Postby Cortez » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:39 pm

I think it takes a lot to knowingly permit yourself to be that vulnerable.
"Paranoids are not paranoid because they're paranoid, but because they keep putting themselves, fucking idiots, deliberately into paranoid situations." — Thomas Pynchon
Shjade
SL Name: Shjade Rajal
Caste: Entertainer (Singer/Poet)
Role: Inspiration
Home Stone: Shangrila

Postby Shjade » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:11 pm

Situational.

Do you want to be independent and powerful? Do you want to be a master or mistress yourself? Do you think you could do more in your own service than in that of another?

If you feel the above about yourself, yet you lack the force of will to back up your ambition and end up submitting because it's easier, because someone persuades you into being theirs rather than being your own, because of whatever force takes you off of your path and starts you on another, then yes, your submission could be an act of weakness.

On the other hand, if that submission was your goal and you have achieved it, that's hard to describe as an act of weakness. You did what you set out to do. That's more than many of us accomplish.

Now, even if your initial submission is some sign of weakness, that doesn't mean it remains so throughout your life as a slave. You could find new strength in it, a new purpose in life. You might end up a more potent servant than you ever could have been as a warrior or a hunter or a singer or whatever you were originally planning to do with yourself. Who's to say? You can't judge a person's continued servitude by how they ended up in it.
Conversation is more useful than conversion.
trask dyrssen
SL Name: trask dyrssen/Tarl Carbetta
Caste: Kur/Slaver
Role: fuckin bastard

Postby trask dyrssen » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:06 pm

grondar Quartz wrote:I think it takes a strength of will to commit to your Master or Mistress , the act of submision in itself is required of all slaves anyway but to subjugate your own feelings and wishes to serve another is the act of a strong willed slave.

Exactly
I am not! Well maybe......

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits
Oktober

Postby Oktober » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:08 pm

I think it's interesting that we are asking this question in a role play forum.

Would you ask of any other role play ... is this a weak act? Would you ask it if you were role playing Star Trek or LOTR?

It speaks volumes about how Gor often transcends traditional role play. I honestly don't know enough to say whether or not submission is a weak act. I know it is, as someone said, an incredibly vulnerable one. When someone submits, really submits to the will of another person, they are laying it all on the line. All their hopes, dreams, needs, subject to another's whims.

It's intoxicating. From all sides.
trask dyrssen
SL Name: trask dyrssen/Tarl Carbetta
Caste: Kur/Slaver
Role: fuckin bastard

Postby trask dyrssen » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:34 pm

I think it is more about your views on it outside of SL and Gor. Might be wrong but seems most of the answers are geared toward that. In rp it would depend, given little choice but to submit or die, it would, to me, be seen as neither weak or strong. It would be survival. To freely submit, give yourself to another, without coersion, understanding the exchange, would be seen as coming from more out of strength than weakness. Submitting because you need someone to care for you, because of your inability to do so...weak.
I am not! Well maybe......

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits
Jessy Mumfuzz
SL Name: Jessy Mumfuzz
Caste: Blue
Home Stone: Somewhere in Gor

Postby Jessy Mumfuzz » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:14 pm

STRENGTH!!!

Way I see it is, to give yourself to someone, to completely give your rights up because you cannot be without them....DAMN that takes more strenght then weakness! It has to be the hardest thing to do...even in RP. Hell, I have had problems going into a free companionship.

My best SL Gorean friend submitted to her master, she was a wonderful proud free woman, and the day she submitted I cried, because I lost her to her master. I didnt, but we never RP anymore, we are as close in IM as we ever where. I admire her strenght I sometimes envy it as well. Hand on my heart I think its the hardest thing to do.

Anyone who thinks its weak has never felt the pull of a true master. LOL I cant believe Im saying that, but there it is.
Stephania Vuckovic
SL Name: Ania
Caste: Rencer
Role: Meh's Woman
Home Stone: Port Kar

Postby Stephania Vuckovic » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:08 am

ok I'm in complete shock as I read this thread.. first that I was semi-quoted 8-) guess that makes me almost as cool as JN...

And two Jessey's View on Submission :confuzed:

Submission hurts. it hurts alot, a back and forth battle to give all, the fear that one might lose themselves and who they are. I know many who have found themselves through Submission.

Now here's the Thought, why are most of us if not all of us talking about the submission of women? What about men who submit, does that make them weak or just as strong as a woman who gives her all?

Return to “Slaves”